Mr. Nobody

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Anyone catch this? Belgian film with Jared Leto filmed in 2009 but just released in the US a few months ago and on "DVD" now. Really cool. I wasn't the hugest Cloud Atlas fan but didn't think it was awful, but this movie was very superior to that. Plus pedos will love it...

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Saw it when it came out. Didn't leave much of an impression since I can't remember a single thing about it other than old leto

Caliane

Ill check it out today.

Ps. merge this into the netflix movie thread.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
rrr_img_64139.jpg

Is it a spaghetti western?

Caliane

not quite done yet.

I don't think I would make Cloud atlas comparisons yet.

More like Vanillasky(or the spanish original)+butterfly effect.
Movie is more about alternate realities/multiverse, in relation to human consciousness.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
not quite done yet.

I don't think I would make Cloud atlas comparisons yet.

More like Vanillasky(or the spanish original)+butterfly effect.
Movie is more about alternate realities/multiverse, in relation to human consciousness.
I feel like I've got a ton of random thoughts about this movie and I've been thinking about it constantly for the past couple hours. It's really achieved it's goal in my opinion as I've reflected back on myself the revelations of the main character.
Such as the the unforced or unmade decisions in life usually yield the most satisfying results. It seems in his life where he sets the goals for himself or forces situations all of the strings in his life resulted in sadness or death. Whenever he would just kind of go with the flow and rely on others to make the decisions was when he was the most happy, as they've all lead to situations where he was WITH Anna or led to situations where he met Anna. I feel like the writer was trying to show that him and Anna were basically meant to be together from the very start and sometimes in life you never actually meet the person you're meant to be with. Another thing I thought about from this was that the entire movie could have just been the inner workings of an old man with dementia unable to remember how he lived his life, finally after talking to the reporter he comes to the realization that the life he truly led was the one where him and Anna were separated as kids, he lost her number via butterfly effect, spent the rest of his time waiting for her to return to the lighthouse. Either way, this was a pretty darn good movie, I wouldn't suggest it to all my friends as the majority would be just dumbstruck and hate it, but it works for a certain crowd.

Caliane

I feel like I've got a ton of random thoughts about this movie and I've been thinking about it constantly for the past couple hours. It's really achieved it's goal in my opinion as I've reflected back on myself the revelations of the main character.
Such as the the unforced or unmade decisions in life usually yield the most satisfying results. It seems in his life where he sets the goals for himself or forces situations all of the strings in his life resulted in sadness or death. Whenever he would just kind of go with the flow and rely on others to make the decisions was when he was the most happy, as they've all lead to situations where he was WITH Anna or led to situations where he met Anna. I feel like the writer was trying to show that him and Anna were basically meant to be together from the very start and sometimes in life you never actually meet the person you're meant to be with. Another thing I thought about from this was that the entire movie could have just been the inner workings of an old man with dementia unable to remember how he lived his life, finally after talking to the reporter he comes to the realization that the life he truly led was the one where him and Anna were separated as kids, he lost her number via butterfly effect, spent the rest of his time waiting for her to return to the lighthouse. Either way, this was a pretty darn good movie, I wouldn't suggest it to all my friends as the majority would be just dumbstruck and hate it, but it works for a certain crowd.
yeah. in hindsight it is less actual multiversal issues, of every choice creates a new reality, and butterfly effect cascading. and more just one persons imagination exploring the possibilities. not quite a jacobs ladder though.

consider reading infinite vacation.
TONS of comics of course deal with such things.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Enjoyed it.

Would have been better if instead of the choice of women being so obvious, they all should have been good. It would have made more sense at the end when he talks about (referring to his mother and father) how he didn't know what would happen either way and couldn't make a choice, then even when he knew everything that would happen he still couldn't make a choice. Obviously, he wouldn't want the path where he ends up with the crazy bitch or the asian chick he couldn't care less about. No "right" choice would have brought it around full circle.

I don't think there is "real" version of what happened to him. The old man was the version of him who shouldn't have existed and that's why they couldn't find any record of him and he had memories of all possibilities.