MTG: Arena

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
@a_skeleton_02 Smaldor defeated me 2-1 and I am dropping, I can't handle Arena's land algorithm. Played over 50 RL games today and didn't get flooded or screwed more than once or twice, and now 2 out of 3 games? Meh.

• 3Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
@a_skeleton_02 Smaldor defeated me 2-1 and I am dropping, I can't handle Arena's land algorithm. Played over 50 RL games today and didn't get flooded or screwed more than once or twice, and now 2 out of 3 games? Meh.

Its even worse in limited. You have to run 15 lands because if you run more, you will get mana flooded.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
31 Runs
1 Zero Win (-200)
2 One Win (-150)
4Two Win (-100)
6 Three Win (-50)
11 Four Win (Even)
7 Five Win (+50)

58 Cards
4 Mythics
19 Rares

Seems like the 250 Gold Buy in Constructed is a good way to 'grind' some extra rares. Used a pretty basic Cavalcade/Goblin Mentor style deck.

Last edited:

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
31 Runs
1 Zero Win (-200)
2 One Win (-150)
4Two Win (-100)
6 Three Win (-50)
11 Four Win (Even)
7 Five Win (+50)

58 Cards
4 Mythics
19 Rares

Seems like the 250 Gold Buy in Constructed is a good way to 'grind' some extra rares. Used a pretty basic Cavalcade/Goblin Mentor style deck.

250g? It's either 500g or 1000g for traditional.

Also, good advice I guess. Just went 7 for 7 in Constructed event.

Last edited:

Brand

Molten Core Raider
adding savjz to MPL just exposes it for a non-competitive sham...Just admit it is solely a marketing tool.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
When people stop pretending MTG is supposed to be competitive they would be a lot less saltier.

WOTC is going to ride the gravy train with diversity and influencers while getting rid of the neckbeard stigma and raking in all the $$$$.

Once MTGA is the de facto method of tournament play and all the pros start getting beat by grinders and other turbonerds maybe it'll deflate some egos.

• 1Salty

Chris

Potato del Grande
WOTC is going to ride the gravy train with diversity and influencers while getting rid of the neckbeard stigma and raking in all the $$$$.
Those type of people don't buy or play nerd card games, this is the marketing strategy Marvel Comics went with and they have ruined themselves. Get woke go broke.

They are riding the collectors items for nerds with disposable income gravy train. Printing loads of alternate art and having you buy multiple and premium versions of the product is also how Marvel Comics is surviving.

I'm just trying to decide at the moment if I should be cashing out my paper cards before it all collapses.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I'd agree with you, but go hop into twitch and see all the trannies, sjw etc. that are playing and watch their viewership increase on the regular. People who never even touched magic are being exposed to it and in turn playing MTGA.

I don't think you have to worry about the paper collapse any time soon. Addicts are going to be addicts.

Last edited:

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Those type of people don't buy or play nerd card games, this is the marketing strategy Marvel Comics went with and they have ruined themselves. Get woke go broke.

You realize Marvel just made $1b in a weekend right? Go broke tho Marvel. Go broke tho.

Rime

<Donor>
Marvel Comics and Marvel Films are vastly different things. The comic section of the company is hanging on by a thread.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Marvel Comics and Marvel Films are vastly different things. The comic section of the company is hanging on by a thread.

Except I am nearly certain the goal of the comics divsion is to make enough money to justify existing, nothing else matters. Marvel still holds the highest market share, despite costing the most per issue, and for over 15 years has made more money from merchandising than from books. I also do not believe sales numbers include things sold digitally, via comixolgy or company apps?

Either way, the real money is in money and merchandise, physical media is a legacy product.

And on the topic of Magic, they definitely don't give a single shit about tournament players. I assume this is true because every time I bitch about something to a friend who works at WotC, he reiterates to me how much of the money spent on magic is made by people who will never play competitively. And with Arena now, that number has to be even higher. You no longer need to brave the dens of the filth that most places call game stores to get some games in.

Star City Games and Channel Fireball have a vested interest in keeping tournament players happy. WotC has an passing interest in spending some of their advertising dollars on a "pro circuit" of some kind or another.

• 1Like

Hachima

Molten Core Raider

Marvel had a record year and beat DC comics in that specific area... Yeah those poor shareholders!

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
was trying to make some sort of mardu Aristocrats list, i think im going fuckin crazy, i can't seem to get anything going
good luck.

Everyone wants to make aristocrats work, but it never seems to pan out. You need to commit too much to the board that sweepers still mostly wreck you, or you just never get enough traction. When decks just use their removal on your judiths/priests of forgotten gods, your other creatures don't do enough.

The best versions have just been 2 colors, usually R/B or B/W, and being a 'bad' aggro deck when their sacrifice shenanigans don't work out. Even then, I'm not sure that its worth it, the meta just seems hostile to the idea.