MTG: Arena

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
No offense, but I think you are just reacting to small sample sizes. When you said yesterday you started playing different decks, your post was 40 minutes after the one you were replying to. You can't have played more than 10 games in that time, max, which means it could have just been a run of good/bad luck. Plus, different decks do become more/less popular at certain times of day, but that also changes day to day.

As for your results: "I'm either playing better decks and having a hard time winning bc they pull shit of of their hat and I can do nothing to counter it or I'm beating the shit out of people in 3 to 4 turns. " That's exactly what will happen with this deck. It doesn't have much interaction, it doesn't want the game to go long. You either overwhelm them and win early, or tend to lose to something that just wrecked your whole plan.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
Managed to grind my way to Platinum using Green w/splash of Blue (for a few Frilled Mystics and a bit of control), relying primarily on Nullhides and Carnage Tyrants... but have spent the last two hours facing nothing but hard control/planeswalker decks that take 15-20 minutes for one game. Think I will take a break and see if the ladder is less terrible on the morrow.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Managed to grind my way to Platinum using Green w/splash of Blue (for a few Frilled Mystics and a bit of control), relying primarily on Nullhides and Carnage Tyrants... but have spent the last two hours facing nothing but hard control/planeswalker decks that take 15-20 minutes for one game. Think I will take a break and see if the ladder is less terrible on the morrow.

tyrant is horrible in this meta and get use to control and/or command the dreadhorde, that's gonna be the meta

• 1Like

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got it.

4 Healer's Hawk (GRN) 14
4 Leonin Vanguard (M19) 22
4 Adanto Vanguard (XLN) 1
3 Skymarcher Aspirant (RIX) 21
4 Law-Rune Enforcer (WAR) 20
4 Benalish Marshal (DAR) 6
4 History of Benalia (DAR) 21
2 Conclave Tribunal (GRN) 6
4 Legion's Landing (XLN) 22
3 Venerated Loxodon (GRN) 30
4 Dauntless Bodyguard (DAR) 14

20 Plains (RIX) 192

Replace two conclaves with two Oketras.

Rime

<Donor>
I mean... Tyrant is a little slow, unless you get Goreclaw out early, but I am running it to help deal with Control issues. Cannot be countered and Hexproof means they have to kill it with blocking, forced sacrifice, or a board wipe.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Diamond was hell this season. Went back to No-Spell Simic Stompy again, got back to mythic.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What Kiroy said. Carnage Tyrant is too slow. You should play my version. GHALTA!

The deck is fantastic because other people are fucking around while you're just playing giant threat after giant threat.

Rime

<Donor>
What Kiroy said. Carnage Tyrant is too slow. You should play my version. GHALTA!

The deck is fantastic because other people are fucking around while you're just playing giant threat after giant threat.

Mind reposting your decklist? Lots of posts in this thread.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Mind reposting your decklist? Lots of posts in this thread.

Mulligan to aggressive hands.

If you have the choice between turn 1 llanowar or Pelt Collector, play the llanowar if you have 3-4 drops, otherwise play the pelt collector if your hand is all 2 drops.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why replace my only removal w Oketra?

Lost my first game to mono blue bc of Djinns.

Because you're only running two of them. Meaning what you describe is exactly whats going to happen 95% of games regardless of if you have two Conclaves are not. This meta has become ether all creature are almost none. The reverse of those situations seems not be the case.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Some guy played turn 2 Domri into turn 3 Sarkhan against me. He was on the play. That's not remotely fucking beatable.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Some guy played turn 2 Domri into turn 3 Sarkhan against me. He was on the play. That's not remotely fucking beatable.

I just realized I don't think it's "in a row", just 15 wins total over the event? Just lost one at 2/3 and I'm still 2/3

Rime

<Donor>
I have no idea how they let a card like Wilderness Reclamation through QA, let alone at Uncommon. /boggle