MTG: Arena

Rime

<Donor>
And this Momir event... it is like they saw Hearthstone Brawls and went 'How can we make this worse?'

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
And this Momir event... it is like they saw Hearthstone Brawls and went 'How can we make this worse?'

at least you don't have to get the 15 wins in a row which is what I was th inking they were doing

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Momir is RNG, but in this format it is even more RNG since you get fucked by not drawing specific superfriends, or by your opponent drawing godly ones, or by drawing too many and no land. Additionally, there is only one 10 drop and it is indestructible.

So fun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
While everyone is fucking around with planeswalkers I've just playing it like normal momir. Got 10 wins in about an hour before I got bored.

Sterling

El Presidente
The thing is some of those walkers are pure shit in the format, while others like Sarkan and Ajani are retarded good. Also it feels real bad having to actually make mulligan decisions in Momir. Mulligans in Momir are real, real punishing.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Why replace my only removal w Oketra?

Lost my first game to mono blue bc of Djinns.
uhh.. yea, don't replace the conclaves. You aren't casting Oketras with 20 plains, and conclaves get convoked into play to deal with really problematic permanents. I might personally play more than 2, but 2 is better then none.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
uhh.. yea, don't replace the conclaves. You aren't casting Oketras with 20 plains, and conclaves get convoked into play to deal with really problematic permanents. I might personally play more than 2, but 2 is better then none.
I'm going to second Enzee, Tribunal over Oketra. And yeah maybe even 4 of them, tho I suck at figuring out what to cut from a deck that's already functioning decently.

• 2Like

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Truth is white whinny isn't that good in best of one. While Its the master of the side board. But it fails against likely competition without access to its side board. Mono green will out scale it, mono blue will fly over it while countering everything, mono red will toss chainwhirlers in it way while bolting you to death, momo black doesn't have a competitive deck in this standard, but it does have cry of carnarium that just wrecks you.

Two color and up decks all will have ether green creatures that out scale you, flyers, or plentiful amounts of sweepers.

White whinny suffers from convoke because its an all in speed deck. While convoke is causing you to lose early attacks while you convoke. All the while causing to over extend into to sweepers.

20 lands and Oketra's maybe a problem though but sense this is an arena thread the answer is to play four Oketra's and 18 lands instead.

Last edited:

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The only WW deck I had success with in Bo1 is the one that splashes red for Heroic Reinforcements.

Rime

<Donor>
It is White Weenie, but maybe there is a filter for weenie on MTG:O or something? Not that it would bother Arena, as there is not chatting.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I keep getting disconnected (you’ve lost connection) when shit explores very frequently. Really obnoxious.

I bring in a jadelight ranger or even worse use command the dreadhorde to bring back a lot of shit with actions to perform and there’s like a 50 percent chance it causes lost connection. You can’t rejoin, it completely kills the game. I dunno what it looks like to other party, win or loss or disconnects them too.

I reinstalled the game from my HD to my SSD and everything. I have really good internet so I don’t think it’s that. Meh.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I keep getting disconnected (you’ve lost connection) when shit explores very frequently. Really obnoxious.

I bring in a jadelight ranger or even worse use command the dreadhorde to bring back a lot of shit with actions to perform and there’s like a 50 percent chance it causes lost connection. You can’t rejoin, it completely kills the game. I dunno what it looks like to other party, win or loss or disconnects them too.

I reinstalled the game from my HD to my SSD and everything. I have really good internet so I don’t think it’s that. Meh.

Do you use a VPN maybe? I had some issues with my VPN and Arena.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
It is White Weenie, but maybe there is a filter for weenie on MTG:O or something? Not that it would bother Arena, as there is not chatting.
I mean, I knew he was referring to a white weenie deck. I've just never seen someone use whinny before. It's not a 'whiny' or 'winnie' deck, its a weenie deck. Little dudes.

I'd imagine you could send the error log into their support team and they might figure it out. Idk what that problem is, but sounds like some kind of hardware/software conflict. Maybe an outdated driver, a weird network setting, etc.. Check their forums https://forums.mtgarena.com/forums and contact support.

• 2Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I read about it a bit. It happens very frequently when I’m about to win, and other people on the forum are having the same problem. Apparently, when someone concedes it can cause everyone to disconnect, but they said on the forum they usually still get the win for it. I guess since I reconnect I just haven’t paid attention to getting the win or not.

I have noticed sometimes when I concede I also get disconnected so that is pretty plausible.

Will update my drivers and whatnot to see if it fixes it.