Mud

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
Surprised that I haven't seen a thread on this one. Passed it up a few times and finally sat down and watched it last night. Possibly the best movie I've seen this year. Very "Huck Finn'ish" sat in modern era. The preview centers around McConaughey's character, but you quickly realize he's just supporting the story. The lead kid and his friend absolutely own their roles. Plus Michael Shannon proves how versatile of an actor he is with his character. Check this one out if you have time.

Fedor

<Banned>
great movie

Jeff Nichols' next movie is going to be a sci fi chase movie with Michael Shannon in the lead.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Forgot about this one, McConaughey has been in a ton of good shit the last few years. He's been great since he got out of the romcom business.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
I believe we had a thread for this back on FoH. So maybe that's why it wasn't made here.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I liked this. Matt's character was different from the smooth, awesome dude that he often plays, so that was nice. Also Michael Shannon was a completely different person as usual. That guy is good. I still don't know who he really is. Guys like Harrison Ford and Leonardo di Caprio generally play angry/determined guy over and over. Shannon is all over the map.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Which is why he is an amazing actor... I watched the one where he was going "crazy" and building the shelter. Can't remember the name of it, but it was such a great movie that I would never have watched if it wasn't for you guys here.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
Fantastic fucking movie. Everyone seems to be giving McConaughey all the praise (which he does deserve, don't get me wrong) but I thought the kids in the flick were pretty damn good actors. Its hard to find kids that young that can act worth a shit, but the lead kid really had some chops. Good all around movie that had some pretty amazing cinematography.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Agreed. Neckbone wasn't too bad, but Ellis definitely impressed me, specifically

The scene where he finally realizes that sometimes love fails, and he punches Matty boy right in the face lmao. The next scene where he slips was a little cringe-worthy, but that ending was sexy as fuck. I really thought they were going to kill Neckbone just for sport.