Munchkin

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Munchkin

I did not "discover" this game until last year, but I must admit it's pretty damn fun.

Friends and family come over and we tend to have heated games when consuming adult beverages. :)

I own a few different sets or versions of the game, and was curious if any RR members play or can recommend a version?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
I prefer the Spy or Cthulhu Munchkin.
Here is the current shirt available, I cant find the 1+ to armor tshirt. Had an old friend that wore it alot, claimed he got it at a con one year, this was around turn of the century.
Munchkin T-Shirt

One of them has the dungeon game for it, played it once or twice. Not bad, we just found it easy to get the cards without the board.
MunchkinQuest09.jpg

Friends talk about how he recovered from the raid years ago, feds took years to release his stuff.

Steve Jackson Games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In Uplink, a 2001 computer hacking simulation game by British software company Introversion Software, there is a company named Steve Jackson Games. While this company may occasionally offer hacking contracts to the player, its main feature is a Public Access Server which, if accessed, displays the following information:

Steve Jackson Games

Public Access Server

ATTENTION

This computer system has been seized
by the United States Secret Service
in the interests of National Security.

Your IP has been logged.
This jokingly refers to the 1990 raid by the US Secret Service. As noted in the Ultimate Uplink Guide, this was "put into the game because of the Secret Service Raid on the company, for supposedly making a 'Hacking Guide'. This guide was actually a work of total fiction for a game the company was making, and contained technology that didn't even exist".[8]

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have the card game (with, I think 5 expansions) and the board game. Quin is right, the board version takes forever and you better have a large table. I prefer the card game and with 5-6 people playing, it's a blast.

Advice; never be the first one to try for lvl 10.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
so home rules, we have a count down on fights. Once the player resolves their fight they must count out loud at normal speed, "1 thousand 1", "1 thousand 2", " point 6". If noone throws down anything on them before they finish their count, their turn ends.
This works well if ya winning and you know ppl have nothing left to play on you. That count gets drawn out as a point of grieving. :)

Think the space version has the super dooper add on gun? Think it has a ton of +1's and extra to the weapon you can keep added to it. Not sure. Havent played that version in some time.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We love this but it gets a little predictable. Everyone helps other people until near the end then just start fuckin everyone

Wrathin3L

Peasant
We love this but it gets a little predictable. Everyone helps other people until near the end then just start fuckin everyone

My group usually has food and drink involved. Every backstab puts a drink counter in the room. Whoever clears the room first gets the drink counters. Every two counters can be used to force someone to take a shot/sip. First session usually goes okay, but around halfway through the second people can be pretty sloshed and start doing weird things. :p

• 1Like

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I have the dungeon version as well and agree you do need time and a large table!

Good idea with the drinking alteration, I will bring it up the next session.