Murdered Soul Suspect

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Right, but it's not very good at all from everything I read, yet several here paid for it. I just don't know how anyone can buy something sight unseen these days.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ah, well I don't have a problem buying things sight-unseen, as long as I know what I'm getting myself into. Drakengard 3 is about the only game I've bought recently on a whim, and it turned out to be the best game I've played in a very long time. Watch_Dogs, I pretty much expected to fail to live up to the retarded amount of hype Ubi generated for it, and bought a cheap Nvidia voucher accordingly (sadly, even $25 felt like too much spent on it in the end).

This game was an extremely ambitious concept, developed by a unproven studio, and when S-E saw the final product they apparently felt that it was deserving of zero promotion or advertising whatsoever. The massive disappointment of Beyond: Two Souls left me rather wary of games in this genre too. So yeah, I didn't pay for it. Had reviewers been wrong about the game I'd happily have paid, or at least bought an AMD Never Settle Silver/Gold voucher off Ebay, but unfortunately they were right.

Vaclav

Right, but it's not very good at all from everything I read, yet several here paid for it. I just don't know how anyone can buy something sight unseen these days.
Lots of money and lots of time in my case - plus a TON of hope that it was good. I'd rather pay for some bad games occasionally and always be part of the day one crowd rather than be playing catchup just to save a handful of dollars.

Back in my non-disability days, I'd probably wait though simply because the reviews were popping up bad and I didn't have the extra ~50-60 hrs a week to play games that I have now. Hell, during my working days I'd be lucky to get what I get most days in an entire week.

Besides from what I got on the phone from Gamestop, once I platinum it tonight or so (literally need ONE collectible ghost message thing to finish it, which doesn't seem included on the "cheater map" thing) they'll supposedly give me $38 credit for it, so effectively a $22 rental - not that bad of a sting at the end of the day, about "indy game" cost and duration. (And even if they drop it in the meantime, Amazon only updates weekly on their TIVs from what I've seen and it's $33.20 there for a very useful Amazon gift card)

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Lots of money and lots of time in my case - plus a TON of hope that it was good. I'd rather pay for some bad games occasionally and always be part of the day one crowd rather than be playing catchup just to save a handful of dollars.
Yeah, my free time is worth way more than that to me, I guess. I give zero fucks about the "the day one crowd" if it means I'm playing a turd. Day 2(or month 5) crowd works for me.
biggrin.png

Vaclav

Yeah, my free time is worth way more than that to me, I guess. I give zero fucks about the "the day one crowd" if it means I'm playing a turd. Day 2(or month 5) crowd works for me.
biggrin.png
Disabled and Dual Income No Kids versus working and kids in your case I believe, right? The value to our time is completely different, heh.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
No, I have no kids, but I am working. I'm not judging you, just saying I would rather avoid games that suck and being there on the first day doesn't matter in any way to me so it's easy to avoid those games. If anything, you guys are providing people like me the means to save money and time on them!

Vaclav

No, I have no kids, but I am working. I'm not judging you, just saying I would rather avoid games that suck and being there on the first day doesn't matter in any way to me so it's easy to avoid those games. If anything, you guys are providing people like me the means to save money and time on them!
Nod, wasn't taking it as judging no worries - thick skinned. Just being analytical.

spronk

FPS noob
i torrented it to see if I'd like it. I really liked LA Noir, but imo this game doesn't really feel like it that much. This game feels more like Alan Wake mixed up with Beetlejuice mixed up with a little Telltale gaming. Its has more an indie feel to it than a AAA game, although the voice acting is top notch. It is slightly "scary" (not as much as Alan Wake).

Not bad, but one of those $5/10 steam sale games you get, if I paid $50-60 for it on a console I'd feel totally ripped off. I've read it takes only 5-10 hours to completely finish the game, so... yeah

Vaclav

Platinum is about to be complete for me in 8 hrs including about 2 hrs of me running in circles finding a final collectible that was buggy.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Finally got around to playing this and my god this game is bad. Such an interesting premise gone to waste.
Yup. I muddled through it, it's not even really a game. I don't know what it is. The concept is original and awesome, but it's like the whole thing was put together by 2 interns =\ =/

Vaclav

Don't normally say it, but they deserve it - was a good possible concept that they clearly didn't give a shit about to even try to do adequately.

Usually even in bad games you can see the love the developers tried to portray but M:SS was nothing but a cash grab really.

Szlia

Calling a new IP without zombies and/or boobs a cash grab is a bit of a reach. If anything, they probably suffered from a limited budget and tight schedule that did not allow them to make the game they hoped they could do.