Muse - Drones

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think there is some knees too sharp action in this thread and I know audiophiles love to hate on stuff (nature of the culture), but my experience with all Muse albums has been the same. Initial impressions end up being meh, then a couple months in the shit gets stuck in your brain. I do agree this is not their best album, but really at least their shit is very listenable, unlike say Radiohead who have gotten so weird even they don't like hearing themselves anymore. The biggest complaint I can levy is that the poppy shit is very phoned in, even by Muse standards. I don't get the hate on the song Drones, though, unless you guys just hate classical music? ITs a direct homage to Barber's Agnus Dei who himself was paying homage to various church songs from the 1400s. Muse has been doing songs like that for a while, honestly.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hating classical music is a perfectly valid reason to not like it.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You guys should give Oceansize a listen. They're one of those Brit guitar rock bands that never got popular outside of England, but I pretty much think they're the best band ever. Certainly my favorite.

Frames is my favorite release. I'd be really interested in hearing what this group thinks of it.
Just put on Everyone into Position on Google Play. Two tracks in. Digging it. A bit proggier than Muse.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Just put on Everyone into Position on Google Play. Two tracks in. Digging it. A bit proggier than Muse.
Yeah. Definitely not as radio rock single hit filled as Muse they just fall under this trend of Brit guitar bands.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Personally, I enjoyed it...with favorites being Dead Inside, Aftermath, Mercy, and Psycho.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I always thought Muse could make a great Bond theme song. The Handler reminds me of them.