Muse - The 2nd Law

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Any thoughts on this? I'm having a lot of trouble getting into this. Watching the 30 minute "making of" helped me appreciate a lot of the songs more (especially Survival.) I really love the unsustainable song, it just feels like it's what would play at the end of the world, and Matt's singing in the middle part is fucking great.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
There are a few gems on the album, but as a whole I think it is weak.. I really expected something better after their awesome last few albums. Did not like the bassist singing

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I like the album, but the last two tracks are atrocious. It's cool they're changing direction while keeping the Muse sound, but I don't necessarily like the direction. Absolution was their peak.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Much preferred it do Resistance personally, which I felt had maybe 3 songs worth listening to after the first few listenings.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Black Holes and Revelations was the best album they've done. I still listen to it every few months.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Resistance started the shift to being a different band and this album completed it. This isn't Muse anymore. This is shit.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Resistance started the shift to being a different band and this album completed it. This isn't Muse anymore. This is shit.
No way. 2nd Law is pretty good album overall. Besides the last two tracks, there's only one tune I skip every time - Follow Me. I may like this album more than Resistance.

Black Holes and Revelations is really good but none of their albums are close to the badassery that is Absolution. One of the best albums ever.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, not getting into this one either. I liked all their other albums. I gave this one like 10 listens and its not growing on me at all.