Music software

The Master

Bronze Squire
So I have a couple of unique issues I am hoping for some help with. I recently a built a NAS so I could put my FLAC music collection all in and one place and run an arcade front end on my HTPC.

I wanted to get some ideas of what music software people use to manage their libraries, as now that I have mine all in one place and am organizing it I realize it is enormous. Currently I am using Foobar2000. But there are two distinct issues I'd like to work out. One is I am a ballroom dancer and I'd like to be able to tag music that is a particular kind of dance, so that if say, I want everything that a Cha-Cha can be danced to, I can search for that tag and it'll bring up those songs. In order to help with that I need to know the beats per minute and the time signature. Apparently there is software that does this, but I am hoping for some kind of all-in-one solution that will tag the track with the latter two bits of information and between that and listening to it, I'll be able to easily add/edit a "dance" tag.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
you had me until you started in about doing the Cha Cha.

merry Christmas though!

The Master

Bronze Squire
you had me until you started in about doing the Cha Cha.

merry Christmas though!
I also dance Waltz, Foxtrot, Viennese Waltz, Rumba, Tango, Argentine Tango, Samba, Salsa, Mambo, East Coast Swing, West Coast Swing, Merengue, Bolero, Bachata, and Kizomba.

You can kind of see why it'd be nice to have all the songs you can dance to a given dance labeled. Though threads you respond to usually gather more responses, so maybe that'll help. Merry Christmas Keg.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Normally I will absolutely hate every bell and whistle that gets shoveled into mp3 players, but this one sounds like it might actually be pretty cool. So I did the obvious thing and googled for "time signature detection software" and the first linkhttp://www.bpmdetection.com/bpm/looks fairly useful. But of course I'm too lazy to do the second step, which is trying out the software on that list and seeing which ones are worth a shit, and which ones are just shit.