Must See Concerts Before You (or they) Die

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I saw Nine Inch Nails in 99, only concert I have ever been to, and I will add my voice to the choir that says Trent Reznor is a live must-see.

I’ve seen him six times since that original post and loved every fucking show.

Rail:

59746A31-8C76-4915-98DB-6039E55120FD.jpeg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Going to see KISS in Denver next month.

Should be a good time 😂

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I saw Nine Inch Nails in 99, only concert I have ever been to, and I will add my voice to the choir that says Trent Reznor is a live must-see.

giphy.gif

This is my stack of concert tickets. Doesn't include all the printout and electronic tickets I've used over the years.

6TpQrap2KE4vN0pTLlk7vukWVtXdTh6qvwr-GxyAjYLlM03L9ojVs8SA4sgDtOE4XerwpT5Tzm4QRmlz6i4HTvkBGZfq6AFJLwWiFPhV1fQQso1NWP7Dgg15gJbyrXDz1D84asYfrTSUHn9am0llrcTxuSIfkOdda6ZmJ8spC6zEywZZr3jffnbAgwkY7GC2imdAh7-wXyroTvuLyyPx930CMvscLpalvOGhXWOMasliNmwa1T04EAE5d1SF1sTERZH_9pslkQdx7e9t-zGI-IiH58Zo3Q__iJAJEqWfCpiM_YvmzPExmXQtJ0W5Fv-XhDdd8Nk1MZPTDWOWT8wv8b8E0L89_xpxE6K4S9OT1o-3LMpXjlF0BEP4q7irNWUJEtYSwkM9HUU1jhKQAEHJzN2YwYWccN_BN583WL0bon4kELJsYMI4BsZAzKYXW2ZALhim9xwg9XtsdZUM2wh1S-_HylvbG4P405zmGh9-Js9bxYJAuDiCB_60dMAU11PmBSGC8CCXhBLF1gIt3Sv2q5O07KfmXuoRrE6mO20in2Qq_03RX5PxGRtFg8PBoaCVDSXTuhcXj7hdMq-Qz5rfdZK5QfJ57x8Ipd6JDaeVHoT_CIp0jueqCcZ9WiQeaNzm7M3RoDdeKdeT_r4AYlUnhFY5qSwRSUU=w681-h907-no

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 4 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
giphy.gif

This is my stack of concert tickets. Doesn't include all the printout and electronic tickets I've used over the years.

6TpQrap2KE4vN0pTLlk7vukWVtXdTh6qvwr-GxyAjYLlM03L9ojVs8SA4sgDtOE4XerwpT5Tzm4QRmlz6i4HTvkBGZfq6AFJLwWiFPhV1fQQso1NWP7Dgg15gJbyrXDz1D84asYfrTSUHn9am0llrcTxuSIfkOdda6ZmJ8spC6zEywZZr3jffnbAgwkY7GC2imdAh7-wXyroTvuLyyPx930CMvscLpalvOGhXWOMasliNmwa1T04EAE5d1SF1sTERZH_9pslkQdx7e9t-zGI-IiH58Zo3Q__iJAJEqWfCpiM_YvmzPExmXQtJ0W5Fv-XhDdd8Nk1MZPTDWOWT8wv8b8E0L89_xpxE6K4S9OT1o-3LMpXjlF0BEP4q7irNWUJEtYSwkM9HUU1jhKQAEHJzN2YwYWccN_BN583WL0bon4kELJsYMI4BsZAzKYXW2ZALhim9xwg9XtsdZUM2wh1S-_HylvbG4P405zmGh9-Js9bxYJAuDiCB_60dMAU11PmBSGC8CCXhBLF1gIt3Sv2q5O07KfmXuoRrE6mO20in2Qq_03RX5PxGRtFg8PBoaCVDSXTuhcXj7hdMq-Qz5rfdZK5QfJ57x8Ipd6JDaeVHoT_CIp0jueqCcZ9WiQeaNzm7M3RoDdeKdeT_r4AYlUnhFY5qSwRSUU=w681-h907-no

Raconteurs right up front, nice.

I've been going to a lot of shows in the last several years and I used to go to a lot of shows when I was younger.

When I was young, shit was cheap and I went to everything. When I was 25-35 shit got more expensive and I didn't have any money.

Today, shit is ridiculously expensive but I've come to peace with it I guess.

Fuckit, you only live once and I'm all about experiences now that I'm older.

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Raconteurs right up front, nice.

I've been going to a lot of shows in the last several years and I used to go to a lot of shows when I was younger.

When I was young, shit was cheap and I went to everything. When I was 25-35 shit got more expensive and I didn't have any money.

Today, shit is ridiculously expensive but I've come to peace with it I guess.

Fuckit, you only live once and I'm all about experiences now that I'm older.

That Raconteurs show was pure unadulterated rock and roll and I loved it. Jack White can rock so fucking hard.

And yeah, concert-going is a very expensive hobby now. Seeing King Crimson next month and it was over $100. Raconteurs was $90. Then the likely dinner and drinks. It's considerable.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
That Raconteurs show was pure unadulterated rock and roll and I loved it. Jack White can rock so fucking hard.

And yeah, concert-going is a very expensive hobby now. Seeing King Crimson next month and it was over $100. Raconteurs was $90. Then the likely dinner and drinks. It's considerable.

And that's for GA.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
EXIT111 Going to this. Sucks Megadeth isn't playing due to Daves health issues. Be awesome seeing Slayer and Lamb of God again.

• 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Just got back from Aftershock.

This was the first year Aftershock went to 3 days instead of 2. After last year(System of Down headlined), they had over 60k people and adding a 3rd day was an attempt to "spread" the crowds out a bit, I think. It didn't really work and in my opinion, had the complete opposite effect. They really need to figure out a different venue for next year, because Metallica is headlining and Discovery Park is getting way too small for the amount of people who show up.

Finally got to see a lot of big names that I hadn't yet seen live(Korn, Zombie, Manson, etc.). Honestly though, if it wasn't for Tool's incredible performance, the show would've been a pretty large disappointment. Manson, Zombie, and Korn all sounded like complete shit. The only caveat I'll give them is that the stage they all played on also had Chevelle sounding like total trash. Now, I've seen Chevelle live in Portland a couple years ago and it was one of the best concerts I've seen. So, I'm not sure what was up - maybe just weird acoustics at that stage location? However, there were other, "lesser" known bands that played on that stage throughout the day and they sounded great(Ghostmane, for instance).

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Ugh, I'm not making it to a Tool concert this tour. I knew it would crush.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Just got back from Aftershock.

This was the first year Aftershock went to 3 days instead of 2. After last year(System of Down headlined), they had over 60k people and adding a 3rd day was an attempt to "spread" the crowds out a bit, I think. It didn't really work and in my opinion, had the complete opposite effect. They really need to figure out a different venue for next year, because Metallica is headlining and Discovery Park is getting way too small for the amount of people who show up.

Finally got to see a lot of big names that I hadn't yet seen live(Korn, Zombie, Manson, etc.). Honestly though, if it wasn't for Tool's incredible performance, the show would've been a pretty large disappointment. Manson, Zombie, and Korn all sounded like complete shit. The only caveat I'll give them is that the stage they all played on also had Chevelle sounding like total trash. Now, I've seen Chevelle live in Portland a couple years ago and it was one of the best concerts I've seen. So, I'm not sure what was up - maybe just weird acoustics at that stage location? However, there were other, "lesser" known bands that played on that stage throughout the day and they sounded great(Ghostmane, for instance).

Seeing Tool in 9 days, Manson in like 3 weeks at a much smaller venue (2k). I’ll let you know how they sound.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Seeing Slayer one last time tonight. Primus, Ministry, and Phil Anselmo with the Illegals opening.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
NIN, Radiohead, Ween, Pearl jam, Puscifer, Tool, Nirvana, Soundgarden, System of a Down, Pink Floyd/Roger Waters, Devin Townsend, Brendon Small, Elder, Rage Against the Machine, Black Sabbath/Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Primus, Slayer, Motley Crew, Guns and Roses to name a few.

• 1Like

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I saw Elton John this weekend in philly with the wife. I couldn’t believe how strong his voice is still and how good they sounded in general. Great show. At 70 he’s a little shaky on his feet but prop him up at a piano and him and his geriatric band can still rock a fucking stadium.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Iron Maiden doing four concerts in Germany 2020 and two are within reasonable distance. I might just go see them again.