Mutant Year Zero: The Road to Eden

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Im annoyed that there was a 4 gig download even though I haven't bought the expansion.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Expansion is fun, just More of the Same really. Basically adds about 5 more maps, a few new encounters on old maps, and a few new weapons and mutant upgrades. No new mechanics which is slightly disappointing.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The new fights are basically numbers to 11 type shit. You still need to stealth off stragglers and use the pig charge to every straggler to make the fights manageable. The only new wrinkle is the infinite respawn plants that are always behind one or more medbots and shamans. Its all stuff that should have been in the base game, really. New character is also trash tier. Only upside to him is extra health and the almighty frog leap power. Also, dont upgrade frog leap since it destroys cover and will leave you without any at your landing point as a result. The mind control upgrade and bullet reflection one were nice, though. Too bad that nothing edges out the Mind Control guy, Fox, and stone human frog sniper trio from being the work horses. They completely missed the mark on flight (make it do what leap does fuckers) so duck dude is still pointless unless he is on your quiet team out of pitty.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Just beat the game tonight on the hardest difficulty. It was a pretty good balance of not too frustrating but challenging enough to keep me interested. The story was interesting, though perhaps a bit too on the nose if you are an explorer and read the notes strewn throughout the game. I'll probably pick up the DLC eventually.

Overall, 7/10; with a caveat that if you like turn-based actical games like XCOM it's an 8.5/10.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user