My new game - Tornado Time for iOS and Android - 3D physics tornado destruction

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Thanks Tenks!

That sounds cool just from the "x + y" concept. You should pursue it if you can, even if it's one hour a week, it'll be more likely to get done (or far enough to see if it'll work) than never working on it.
smile.png
Yeah I got the idea watching my GF playing Plague Inc obsessively and she never plays games. The idea is basically two players are playing on a globe instead of just an individual map like SC. You set macro-level AI on each individual sector. Lets say there are three: Defensive, Offensive, Economical. The AI would execute your high level order and each zone would generally just be AI vs AI. You wouldn't see what your opponent set so like Offensive > Economical > Defensive > Offensive. You would have tech trees to unlock that would cascade to all your sectors similar to Plague Inc. So like if you set generally to offensive you'd want to rush weapon upgrades, if you rush defensive you'd rush building upgrades and the like. So that is the "simple to play" idea.

The "difficult to master" idea comes from you can, at any point, take control and become to commander of any zone. That is where the Starcraft comes in. Each zone is basically a self contained Starcraft match. So if you see you set yourself to Defensive and you scroll over the map and see your opponent built command centers at every resource patch you can just click in, build some units and go attack his stuff. The game would be a fast paced RTS like SC. But you won't want to sit in one zone too long. Lets say there are 50 zones per globe. So you can obsess over winning an individual zone but it would be smarter to perform some hands-on actions in one zone, exit to let AI take over and jump to another zone to get hands-on.

I think it sounds like it would be fun because it has an accessible way of playing by focusing more on macro management and the skill tree and rarely taking command. Or if you can play at 500 APM and evaluate situations quickly you can keep jumping in and out of zones.

Way too much work for me to really start on and I don't know the first thing about using Unity or any other off-the-shelf game development project.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Downloaded and rated. Simple concept, but the aesthetics are polished and the interaction feels really good. Any further development plans with this?

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
Downloaded and rated. Simple concept, but the aesthetics are polished and the interaction feels really good. Any further development plans with this?
Thanks for trying it out and rating. We're discussing the possibility of a few more levels. It's more difficult than you might think as:

1) We want to keep things at a cartoon violence level, so no people or anythingtoomean (hospitals, orphanages or puppy factories)
2) Has to be an interesting/fun theme and setting
3) Objects have to be large enough, but not too big
4) Scenes need to be interesting, but not too complex or too large (for both gameplay and technical reasons)

We're always open to suggestions.

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
Any Kindle Fire plans?
Not at this time. Neither of us have a Kindle device, so we're waiting to see how it does on iTunes and Google stores before going anywhere else (our sales to date wouldn't even pay for one Kindle device). We may go for Win8 Phone and Microsoft App Store next, as MS is currently courting Unity developers withfree developer accounts, Win 8 Pro OS keys and devices. But we're trying to stay as lean and efficient as possible.