Name some good PC FpS

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just got a new PC that can handle anything I throw at it, so I'm in the mood for some shooting.

What are your best single player fps experiences the last couple of years?

I already played the Far Cry games and Metro Exodus Enhanced.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Slower more brutal FPS games (Both look gorgeous and will push your system to it's limits)

Hell Let Loose
Squad

Other Games
Hunt: Showdown
Half life: Alyx

There really hasn't been much exciting stuff on the FPS landscape other than run of the mill battle royales and CS:GO (And it's clones). Since you already played Metro these are all I can really recommend. Prepare your butthole if you play the first two, you're going to get shit on for a bit before you get the hang of it. I recommend HLL above squad mainly due to more action oriented gameplay and less logistics.

The payoff in squad is amazing but you may spend the entire game running/moving or getting killed from unknown directions. The sunset maps are incredibly beautiful and it runs really well. HLL still runs kinda sloppy and requires DX12.

Godspeed.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was going to suggest Doom because it’s probably the only FPS I’ve played since Black Ops?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We get a new flavor of the month FPS, well, monthly... but the two Doom games have been the only FPS games in recent years that totally delivered and were memorable for me.

Don't skip Doom 2016 either. The game is fire. I think I liked it better than Doom 2020.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I enjoy CoD cold war but only because I haven't played a CoD since MW2 so it's all new to me and I prefer the more frenetic combat in CoD to BF games. I got a pretty good PC late last year and I wanted something new to throw at it.

Edit- if you're into OG FPS, new blood makes several games, Dusk and Amid Evil, for some, that are very retro 90's combat and movement feel which is quite fun.

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What a sad state of affairs :( Probably due to consolitis. I always felt fps's were the "real" games. 3rd person games can be great, but it's just not the same.

I actually already played DOOM 2016, just forgot about it. It was fun for a while but felt very repetitive later on.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What a sad state of affairs :( Probably due to consolitis. I always felt fps's were the "real" games. 3rd person games can be great, but it's just not the same.

I actually already played DOOM 2016, just forgot about it. It was fun for a while but felt very repetitive later on.
The 2 big FPS franchises(CoD and Battlefield) sell more on consoles, if anything without consoles you'd probably see even less.

Also since they weren't listed, if you want multiplayer FPS, Apex, Valorant, Rainbow Six: Siege and CS:GO are the big things. Overwatch too I guess although this is kinda shaky lately with the lack of content.

For single player FPS most have been mentionned, I guess there's like Prey too in the older ones, older Farcry games, Wolfenstein(the slightly older ones, newest was shit). Deathloop recently too, not sure if any good, made by the guys who made Dishonored which is another pretty good one.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im just not into fps atm, so I don't really have any recommendations. Tried BPM and hated it, despite its warm reviews.

theres TONS of old school indie throw backs now though. boomer shooters are in.

and one more from Civvie... there were a few youtubers talking about this one. apparently its great.

Is Control an FPS? heard great things about that. have it installed via gamepass.. have yet to touch it.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
oh, I suppose theres also the Survival fps offshoot. builders and battle royales. Thats where a huge chunk of the fps market went. I couldnt really tell you which is the best there, either.

I think alien:isolation was well recieved too?