Nasomi - FFXI (Private Server)

Pironin_sl

shitlord
Nasomi's FFXI

While I put on my flame jacket. I wanted to post about this Final Fantasy XI private server. It is a FFXI server dedicated to the times before the level cap was above 75. When grouping was necessary and you had to earn what you had. It was the MMO I enjoyed the most. While most people would tell you it was a mind numbing grind. I will tell you I enjoyed the grouping aspect while leveling. It's what made it fun to me.

The guy doesn't want ANY donations. He built and maintains his own hardware and has done a pretty good job on getting all of the content up to CoP done. ToAU is in there but it's mostly unfinished. It was only put in for the jobs. All in all, from what I've seen and read it is very impressively done. It brings back tons of nostalgia. There are some cons however. It is still pretty low pop. With that, it brings higher AH prices and gear is harder to obtain. There are crafters who are pretty high up right now and will donate their services and even sometimes if you ask nicely will craft items you may need at the lower levels. They usually don't like doing the legwork though.

The bugs are still being ironed out but for the most part he has been on top of everything that has popped up. There was an exploit a while back where people were able to obtain massive amounts of gil. He deterred this by removing said gil and cleaning up the AH. He didn't want the economy to be ruined. I really like that about him.

All in all if anyone is itching for that old school FFXI experience. This is at least worth a look.

Vittra

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Damn you posting this..

I've tried a private server for that game before and it wasn't very good, I'm hoping that will deter me away from trying this.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Easiest way to put it, Delicateflower: FFXI compares to Everquest as FFXIV compares to WoW, especially if this particular server follows the earlier FFXI stances on grouping.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
every ff11 emu i've played was missing tons of quests, classes , named drops, and had later expac features

o yeh and like 5 people on it boxing

the ff11 emu code is garbageeeeee

Pironin_sl

shitlord
every ff11 emu i've played was missing tons of quests, classes , named drops, and had later expac features

o yeh and like 5 people on it boxing

the ff11 emu code is garbageeeeee
While there are a few things missing here and there. There's not much. This is pretty close to the classic as I think I'm ever going to get. I've enjoyed myself each time I've played. As far as population, it regularly has around 75-100 people at peak times. I know that isn't much but its enough if you form your own static group. There has been a big influx of players lately also.