NBA 2022-23 Season Thread - Wembanyama Tank-A-Thon Is On!

joz123

Potato del Grande
Animated GIF

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Considering the circumstances? What circumstances? The one where it's somehow the fault of Sabonis that Draymond stomped on him instead of just trying to pull his leg away and getting a crucial foul call? Or the circumstances the NBA should let players with known issues with anger and violence chimp out so they don't hurt one of their more popular and profitable team's playoffs?

The problem with the NBA is there are no longer any enforceable rules or standards, only narratives and excuses. The NBA is as rigged and fake as WWE at this point, and the action on the court feels as empty and scripted.

Learn reading comprehension, I was talking about the 2016 suspension. I actually agreed above that a suspension was warranted in this case.

At the same time, I can also see the viewpoint that the suspension was excessive given the circumstances. Sabonis fouled Klay, flopped (and tried to pull down Klay while flopping), and then intentionally grabbed Draymond's ankle after all that failed. The Kings were trying to get Draymond to do something like this, and they were rewarded. But don't take my word for it - how often do you see the talking heads agree on a debate topic? I consider Reddick one of the better NBA analysts out there right now and he thinks the suspension was too much, and the refs have in general been favoring the Kings dirty tactics in this series so far:

Last edited:
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Learn reading comprehension, I was talking about the 2016 suspension. I actually agreed above that a suspension was warranted in this case.

At the same time, I can also see the viewpoint that the suspension was excessive given the circumstances. Sabonis fouled Klay, flopped (and tried to pull down Klay while flopping), and then intentionally grabbed Draymond's ankle after all that failed. The Kings were trying to get Draymond to do something like this, and they were rewarded. But don't take my word for it - how often do you see the talking heads agree on a debate topic? I consider Reddick one of the better NBA analysts out there right now and he thinks the suspension was too much, and the refs have in general been favoring the Kings dirty tactics in this series so far:

I was making a broader point about idiots who think considering the circumstances is a good way to officiate in a league plagued with accusations the officiating is rigged and the NBA office tries to enable certain outcomes.

And here you are with more "given the circumstances" nonsense. How about a foul is a foul and a T is a T and they just call it straight?

This is a great lesson why people who think they know what's best shouldn't ever be in charge of anything. It's hard enough to call it straight, but we have sports and businesses and society as a whole obsessed with racial grievance politics thinking the answer is we accept them making shit up on the fly based on their warped perspectives on the circumstances.

Reddick is a beta cuck smartly bowing down to the racial grievance machine so he can keep his job and be considered fair by beta cucks like you.

How often do the talking heads agree? Are you literally retarded?

• 1Like

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
I was making a broader point about idiots who think considering the circumstances is a good way to officiate in a league plagued with accusations the officiating is rigged and the NBA office tries to enable certain outcomes.

And here you are with more "given the circumstances" nonsense. How about a foul is a foul and a T is a T and they just call it straight?

This is a great lesson why people who think they know what's best shouldn't ever be in charge of anything. It's hard enough to call it straight, but we have sports and businesses and society as a whole obsessed with racial grievance politics thinking the answer is we accept them making shit up on the fly based on their warped perspectives on the circumstances.

Reddick is a beta cuck smartly bowing down to the racial grievance machine so he can keep his job and be considered fair by beta cucks like you.

How often do the talking heads agree? Are you literally retarded?

No, you were making a broader point that you're an idiot who spouts shit without understanding the context of what you're responding to. If you think context shouldn't be taken into consideration then you're a true retard and not a real sports fan. A 50/50 call that gets a guy ejected in game 12 of an NBA season should not be made in game 7 of a playoff series. Its an extreme example and if you can't agree with that you're a shitty fan of sports. The reality is a lot of judgements that happen in sports are not black and white - there will always be situations that call for subjective interpretation.

You're the true retard for starting the whole discussion with the take that Sabonis was not the instigator, and that he wasn't intentionally grabbing Green's foot. Most other sane viewers can see that he was fouling, then flopped, grabbed the foot on purposes, and can understand where the overreaction came from. You for some reason want to make this discussion about race which I haven't seen anybody else do, so kudos for that.

• 1WTF

joz123

Potato del Grande

SAS is a retard. Draymond could have just pulled his leg away. There was literally no reason to stomp on his chest except to do it to get back at him. The suspension is just.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
No, you were making a broader point that you're an idiot who spouts shit without understanding the context of what you're responding to. If you think context shouldn't be taken into consideration then you're a true retard and not a real sports fan. A 50/50 call that gets a guy ejected in game 12 of an NBA season should not be made in game 7 of a playoff series. Its an extreme example and if you can't agree with that you're a shitty fan of sports. The reality is a lot of judgements that happen in sports are not black and white - there will always be situations that call for subjective interpretation.

You're the true retard for starting the whole discussion with the take that Sabonis was not the instigator, and that he wasn't intentionally grabbing Green's foot. Most other sane viewers can see that he was fouling, then flopped, grabbed the foot on purposes, and can understand where the overreaction came from. You for some reason want to make this discussion about race which I haven't seen anybody else do, so kudos for that.

I didn't even quote your post. I posed a general question because fucktards like you kept saying but but but muh circumstances like idiots.

I'm sorry you're a beta bitch moron simping hard for the biggest, blackest bitches in all of sports, but I'm not black so no need to ride my jock, cuck.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

Hah btw great take that I'm just not a very good sports fan and all the sane sports fans see things your way.

Well played! I'm totally crying now and ready to prove to you I am a worthwhile sports fan!!! As long as you'll say I'm... I'm sane!!!

Holy shit, you're actually foler, aren't you? Or at least share some interests by the sound of it (the sound being slurps and gags).

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Draymond is a a piece of human garbage that happens to be tall and athletic, if he were 6 inches shorter he would likely be in jail. This P Pharazon2 sounds like a pride parade participant. And lol about posting a video of Stephen A, he is one of the biggest race baiting pieces of shit out there. Talk about an example of affirmative action...I wish he died like that cross eyed fuck Stewart Scott. If you take anything he says as credible then you are fucking fool.

Lastly, who the fuck made you the arbiter of what makes someone a sports fan? Go fuck yourself! I think I know why you like Stephen A so much, I am guessing you are as un-athletic as he is. Like Stephen A, you talk a lot of shit about shit you have no idea about.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Dumb move by the Raptors. Nurse is going to be picked up quickly by another team.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Jimmy Butler putting the team on his back with 56 points tonight.

All time points scored in playoff games:

Michael Jordan - 63
Elgin Baylor - 61
Donovan Mitchell - 57
Jimmy Butler - 56

Probably the highlight for Heat fans this year. Didn't feel like they had much of a chance even before Herro and Oladipo got injured.

• 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Jimmy Butler putting the team on his back with 56 points tonight.

All time points scored in playoff games:

Michael Jordan - 63
Elgin Baylor - 61
Donovan Mitchell - 57
Jimmy Butler - 56

Probably the highlight for Heat fans this year. Didn't feel like they had much of a chance even before Herro and Oladipo got injured.

Herro getting injured is best case scenario for the Heat. Guy is a net negative in my opinion.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hope they contract the Grizzlies if they lose to the Lakers. You have ONE job!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Dillon Brooks has played pretty terribly. He should probably stop talking.

• 2Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
That's what the Grizzlies do though. Talk shit without ever backing it up. That team is full of blowhards.

I hope the Lakers just wreck them tonight in the Grizz’ own gym. So sick of that squad.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

Seems kind of rough. Obviously wasn't a great series but it makes me wonder if Giannis wanted it. He had some critical comments about the defense played on Butler.

As of late, winning an NBA title doesn't buy you much leeway.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

Seems kind of rough. Obviously wasn't a great series but it makes me wonder if Giannis wanted it. He had some critical comments about the defense played on Butler.

As of late, winning an NBA title doesn't buy you much leeway.

While it's true they won a title very recently, that was the most disappointing #1 seed first round exit in history. Bucks were a Finals favorite all season and they got beat by an 8 seed in only 5 games. Butler was a monster but Spoelstra also ran laps around Bud coaching wise.

• 2Like