NBA 2K14

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
This is the thread for which people can talk about NBA 2k14 together, which Araysar will read, so that he can get pointers on how to be better at playing a large black man in the NBA virtually.

Araysar will not be able to contribute, but if you check any of the active threads in the Rickshaw, you may find a few responses there.

So

NBA 2k14 is a real life sports entertainment simulation in which you pretend to be a large black man making millions of dollars playing games for the capitalistic pleasure of entertaining millions of people around the world. Published by 2k Sports, this definitive version of the yearly installment brings you hard action on the court with some of your favorite basketball players of all time including Kobe Bryant, William Shatner, Michael Jordan and Jesus Christ.

This game is available in a variety of formats, including for your Xbox 360, PS3, PC, and coming soon for Xbox 1 and the PS4. Sorry WiiU owners and Wii Owners, this title is a little too much for your pathetic little systems to handle. Peasants.

Official trailer

Wikipage
NBA 2K14 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Metacritic reviews
NBA 2K14 for Xbox 360 Reviews - Metacritic

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
AI in the 2k games has always pissed me off. Like on fast breaks they decide to run out to the three point line and centers deciding they're going to do a fadeaway left handed hook shot over Steve Nash instead of just dunking it.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
AI in the 2k games has always pissed me off. Like on fast breaks they decide to run out to the three point line and centers deciding they're going to do a fadeaway left handed hook shot over Steve Nash instead of just dunking it.
That has not happened to me a single time and I've seen a couple dozen fastbreaks by now at least

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I got the game just so I could do the Lebron campaign, have him lose to San Antonio in the first game back, then leave Miami.

The thing about the 2k games is that you can't pick them up and play the first time as easily as the EA games. I think it's a much better simulation, though. My biggest complaint is that passes never seem to go where I want them to unless I do the total control passing which sometimes takes too long or screws me up if my SF moved to SG and I didn't notice.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
About time.

But do you still have instances where Ilgauskas decides he's a globetrotter and gives up an easy dunk for a sweet spinning fade double pump off balance hook shot? I could never decide if that was more irritating or hilarious.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Finally got the game and it is a complete piece of shit. With the whole NBA Live debacle 2K has gone full on Madden and actually regressed quite a bit this year.

AI is the worst I've seen. Played as the Spurs and Boris Diaw decided he loves passing the ball no look between his legs, Ginobli stood with a foot out of bounds for an entire possession, and apparently Popovich loves the offense where Duncan and Splitter stand around at the 3 point line and don't move.

Players all come to a complete stop after they catch the ball and change direction on defense like a fat ginger underwater and the game takes over your players way too often for stupid fucking animations of your guy fist pumping or talking trash to a wide open space of nobody when you need to be getting back on defense or run a fast break.

Fuck this game and fuck 2k

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
VC has ruined this game for me. The entire way VC is designed is a complete joke. I'm going to trade in mine and never buy another NBA2K game till VC is abolished. It's a system that has no place in this game.