Necropolis (Harebrained Studios) coming March 17

Krag

Peasant
I thought there was a topic on the game at some point, but I couldn't find anything searching. I've been looking forward to this one since it was originally announced, as I really like the look of the gameplay and the art style.

Necropolis is a third person action game inspired by roguelikes and Dark Souls. It features procedurally generated dungeons and perma-death. The controls are almost identical to the Souls games from what I've read and different weapons (an interview a while back said there were 60 different weapons in the game at that point) will each have their own combination of light, heavy, charge and jump attacks. There is some (limited) crafting that let's you make potions and possibly other stuff.

It will have four player co-op at launch, though no further details on how that will work is available as far as I have seen -- with the perma-death I'm not quite sure how they will do multiplayer.

Theofficial websitehints at five classes, but we've only ever seen the Blackguard, so that will be something to keep an eye on when more information comes out closer to launch.

tumblr_nr9xdckgZ91u0tzcmo1_500.gif
tumblr_inline_nliulcDEbb1t2nv1v.gif

tumblr_nkf2tyaItn1u0tzcmo2_500.gif
tumblr_nkf2tyaItn1u0tzcmo3_500.gif

I thought there was a thread about this before as well.

Anyways, super excited for this too. Played it at PAX Prime and while I took much of it with a grain of salt since it was in active development (Things like AI stopping responses mid-animations) the controls were basically identical to Souls. So much so that I think most - if not all - actions I took were guesses from Souls and were correct. More importantly the movements had a good weight to them and didn't veer too far into an arcadey or slower feel (Both relative to Souls).

Died in the demo to a mob charging me while I was chugging a health pot/estus flask, instant flashback.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This looks like it should have been made by these people circa 1992:

rrr_img_123757.png

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Played it as Pax as well. The idea is right up my alley, but I cannot handle the art style/graphics/whatever they call it. The game looks like a fucking foot from the PS1 era and I can't get past it.

khorum

Murder Apologist
The gameplay sounds solid but yeah that art direction needs a lot of work. Did they say it was settled?

khalid

Unelected Mod
Well, this just got released. Reviews on steam are mixed, Totalbiscuit did a video on it that is also mixed. Damn though, procedurally generated Dark Souls co-op combat is such a good premise though. Anyone tried this out yet?

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I watched some streams of it and it looked hilarious. I'm not a fan of action combat, so I'd have preferred a more D&Dish approach but I like the look and strange items and friendly fire etc

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I keep hoping one of these co-op dungeon crawler games will be really good, seems like they keep getting rushed to release which is a shame.

I just want to do dungeon crawls with my friends.