Need Input from Console Gamers

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I have been a hard core PC gamer for years mostly using my old ps3 for media players. Then I got my PS4 this summer and my 75 inch TV. I have a hard time going back to PC games now. I love the ps4 controllers I love the games, I love playing on my couch and not having to tinker or update drivers etc. The next gen games are so much fun and shit just works.. I was really worried my ps4 was going to collect dust but it has not been the case at all. It has changed the way I game and I recommend it fully.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My honest opinion is go xbox one if saving money. PS4 is cool but i could give a fuck about 1884, bloodborne etc only exclusive that is really worth it is Last of us/uncharted. Owning a pc, xbone, and ps4 is the way to go.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
PC + Wii U for me. I hook my laptop up to the TV and Steam big screen works pretty well. Started to lean away from gaming at a desk only because I already sit at one 8 hours a day for work.

Between Xbone and PS4, I'd personally go with the latter. More exclusives, more players.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
With the soe collaspe get ready for more xbone exclusives lol.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I love that controller for PC gaming and I'm using it for my 360 again since the wireless battery on my other one crapped out.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
spronk;988908 said:
i have every system under the sun and while i was a pc gamer 99% of the time the past 15 years i'm pretty much 90% ps4 now. couple reasons, dunno how many will apply to you:

1. i am fucking sick of tinkering with my PC, i haven't updated my nvidia drivers in 9 months now and it feels good.

2. its actually cheaper for me to buy new console games than new pc games. I have best buy gamers club unlocked which gives flat 20% discount on all games, making a $60 launch game $48. Most of the top AAA games give a $10 points bonus on top of this if you preorder. So I pay $38 for a new game, play it for 2-3 weeks, and trade it in for $40-45 into best buy and roll that credit towards another new game. QUOTE]

Why does bestbuy pay so much for used games? you literally cannot even get half for most new games unless they are INSANELY popular, IE smash brothers.

You buy a new game from gamestop open it, its now worth 20$ bucks tops, maybe its your area? idk but I couldent even get 25$ for gta 5 2 weeks after I bought it from gamestop, have better luck on craigs list.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
The best place to dump used games is eBay but I'd rather use game fly and save the hassle.

spronk

FPS noob
i have no clue why best buy still pays so much for used games but they do, you can check trade values athttp://bestbuy.com/tradeinI imagine there are a lot of stupid people who buy used games for high prices, I see it all the time at gamestop "you can buy this new for $60 or buy it used for $55", the poor slobs who just wanna play some COD always buy the used copies.

for example best buy is paying $39 for dying light, $35 for GTA5 remaster, and $30 for MK8. Pretty good values, beats gamestop by a lot plus you get 10% extra bonus as GCU member and you get back 1-2 points for every $1 in buy or trade. The trick always is that values are artificially high the first 3 weeks and then they drop off a cliff, but knowing that lets you essentially rent games for virtually nothing as long as you trade it in ASAP and don't hold on. I paid $30 for dying light using their preorder/trade in coupon and traded it in for $44 already, that extra $14 will go towards my 1886 order.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
TecKnoe;989262 said:
spronk;988908 said:
i have every system under the sun and while i was a pc gamer 99% of the time the past 15 years i'm pretty much 90% ps4 now. couple reasons, dunno how many will apply to you:

1. i am fucking sick of tinkering with my PC, i haven't updated my nvidia drivers in 9 months now and it feels good.

2. its actually cheaper for me to buy new console games than new pc games. I have best buy gamers club unlocked which gives flat 20% discount on all games, making a $60 launch game $48. Most of the top AAA games give a $10 points bonus on top of this if you preorder. So I pay $38 for a new game, play it for 2-3 weeks, and trade it in for $40-45 into best buy and roll that credit towards another new game.
Why does bestbuy pay so much for used games? you literally cannot even get half for most new games unless they are INSANELY popular, IE smash brothers.

You buy a new game from gamestop open it, its now worth 20$ bucks tops, maybe its your area? idk but I couldent even get 25$ for gta 5 2 weeks after I bought it from gamestop, have better luck on craigs list.
Because he's trading them in at Best Buy, not Gamestop. Gamestop blows. He's getting so much because he's trading them in 2-3 weeks after they launch. In the prime window when the game is popular.

In the last 6+ months or so since getting my Ps4, I've been fairly addicted to getting a good deal. I've kept up on all the deal sites like slickdeals, and cheapassgamer.com, and I've not paid full price for any of my console games. This was my biggest issue was PC games through platforms like Steam, and sites like GMG, were super cheap compared to console. Now? Shit's not terrible, and unlike PC, you can trade them back in and typically I net out having paid 0-$10 for having played all the new games. It's freakin' sweet.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Yeah that does not make any sense to me lol, I thought that used game prices were pretty static, save that realllllllllllly rare game, or in a town where there is one gamestop for 85 miles.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I own both systems and the xb1 gets about 25% more time but that is almost exclusively because it is a more functional multimedia center for me. It entirely replaced my cable box (before I cord cut) and it will support to sling app when it comes out (ps4 sling app support is unknown atm). But in terms of game play I play mostly binding of issac rebirth on the ps4 and I play whatever exclusives are on each system when they come out (if ratings make it worth my time). That said I've been buying more Xbox one games because it's more functionally useful in my loving room.

So I would say pick the one where your friends are first. If that isn't a factor then pick the one whose exclusives you HAVE to play. If that isn't a factor then decide if the extra functionality of the xb1 matters to you. And if that isn't a factor just buy a PS4.

Diamyr_sl

shitlord
Piggybacking off this thread.. i'm going to pick up a PS4 soon, probably as soon as I burn out on BRF raiding which I forsee happening as soon as we hit a 100+ pull wall on mythic progression. I'm putting together a list of backlog games I need to pick up, in order of how much I want to play them:

DA: Inquisition, The Last of Us, AC4: Black Flag, Shadow of Mordor, Watch Dogs, Destiny, Rayman Legends

Any other must haves? I'm not big on online console FPS so the Battlefields etc probably won't get touched, at least not right away.