Nefarious (2023)

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
4.80 star(s) Rating: 4.80/5 5 Votes
Title: Nefarious (2023)

Tagline: Speak Of The Devil

Genre: Horror, Thriller

Director: Cary Solomon, Chuck Konzelman

Cast: Sean Patrick Flanery, Jordan Belfi, Stelio Savante, Tom Ohmer, Cameron Arnett, Eric Hanson, James Healy Jr., Sarah Hernandez, Jarret LeMaster, Robert Peters, Daniel Martin Berkey, Cedric St. Clair, Senyo Amoaku, Mark De Alessandro, John Cann, Jeremy Miller

Release: 2023-04-14

Runtime: 98

Plot: On the day of his scheduled execution, a convicted serial killer gets a psychiatric evaluation during which he claims he is a demon, and further claims that before their time is over, the psychiatrist will commit three murders of his own.

Animosity

Saw this pop up on the sites. Reviews are pretty dang good.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Watched it the other night. Ending was dumb but enjoyed the rest.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Watched it last night and thought it was pretty good. It’s all dialogue and Sean Patrick Flanery chewing scene for 90 mins.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty good, Sean did a great job going between both characters.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

finally watched this, thought it was really good.

there a message after the credits, if you missed it
Mene, mene, techel upharsem (cf. Daniel 5:25-28). Autem stultus es ut non comprendias. Continuendum est!
TRANSLATION: You have been weighed in the balance and found wanting... (cf. Daniel 5:25-28)
But you are stupid that you do not understand. It is to be continued!

this was based on book 1 of a trilogy, don't know if care to see more if nefarious is going to be someone else.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So rented this one and one hell of a great movie.

Panned by critics. Highly recommended.

The fact it is being shadow-banned and not highly known as a movie with poor critic reviews adds to the awesomeness.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
His speech about people doing evil in the name of doing good was great. Definitely made me think of progressives.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So rented this one and one hell of a great movie.

Panned by critics. Highly recommended.

The fact it is being shadow-banned and not highly known as a movie with poor critic reviews adds to the awesomeness.
Yea they really don’t want you watching this one.
D2D9024B-8E23-4B91-AB91-C2DF2505888A.jpeg

Watching it tonight.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
I watched it on the boards recommendation, was a solid 2 dudes in a room aka bottle movie but the ending was definitley weak. The acting performances were pretty good though. I definitley thought i knew were the plot was going but that mid movie plot development was not something I was expecting so props for that for sure.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Thought this was really good but the entire last section was completely unnecessary and kind of took away from the movie.

All I could think about during a few of Nefarious's talks was the movie The Prohpecy since it seemed like Christopher Walken had a lot of the same / similar lines playing Gabriel.

Really good bottle movie, sucked when it left the bottle but thankfully that was only like 8 minutes of the whole thing.

• 3Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Thought this was really good but the entire last section was completely unnecessary and kind of took away from the movie.

All I could think about during a few of Nefarious's talks was the movie The Prohpecy since it seemed like Christopher Walken had a lot of the same / similar lines playing Gabriel.

Really good bottle movie, sucked when it left the bottle but thankfully that was only like 8 minutes of the whole thing.
The Prophecy was a great flick. I put it up there in the ballpark of Evil Dead 2.
tumblr_nrcgz7XiLG1uvllemo3_500.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
LOL ok now I know why this one did some rustling.

I started this off as background noise. About 10 mins in the interview starts and it caught my full attention. Gave off a 90s psycho thriller vibe with some highs and lows, but enough highs to keep my attention. The whole possession concept was explained in a manner that made sense. There's something like 6 people for the majority of the movie, so that better be something you're cool with.

Agreed the last 8 minutes and ending was like WTF really? Could have been so much cooler considering the build up.

Still would recommend.

• 5Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
This was extremely relevant to my interests. Demons are real, my friends.

Unsurprisingly the "critics" (largely demons) HATE this movie.

Watch it and see why.

5 stars.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Kaou

Molten Core Raider
Just watched, 3/4 of the movie pretty decent, 7.5/10. but like the rest of the board, the last bit was a waste of time. There's no big twist, no big reveal really; it's just all intense talking lol.

Seven Out

Trakanon Raider
I gotta agree with the critics on this one, 4/10. Sean Patrick Flanery did well, but only made his costar's performance look even worse than it was. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database