NEMO COMIN FOR YOU BEANTOWN PUSSIES

geffe71_sl

shitlord
I RI we had the driving ban, made everything go a lot smother, but they still fucked it up. in one city they only had 2 plows to cover the entire city. We got hit hard, but not too bad, a snow thrower is a hell of an investment, did 2 driveways in less than 30 minutes with 2 feet of snow.

Bane_sl

shitlord
I work 2 jobs (7 days a week) and so does the fianc?. Even if I didn't what if I had some other emergency?
But you didn't. So what are you bitching about? Go out tomorrow, join society, then come back and complain about how well the roads are. K? Thanks. Bai.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well that was awful. 4 days without power/heat/running water in southern RI, completely impassable roads as well. This is after 5 days without power during Sandy, but at least I could leave the house to go get food and a shower.

Had a butane stove this time to make food but it was still the worst experience of my life. It was just me, my disabled mother and her blind, diabetic dog. 42 degrees in the house at one point. Couldn't sleep because I thought one of them would die if I didn't constantly check on them.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
When it comes to Southern RI, shit goes downhill fast. Hard to get anywhere near there when severe weather strikes, I remember that you guys were stranded for a while with flooded roads. this time its immoveable snow. I do have to say the efficient the state is being with dealing with this. Irene was a clusterfuck, and Sandy was handled a little better, and so far, this storm was handled pretty well

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Oh shit Tecknoe, small world. I live in Newington right off the Pike, for like another week, then moving down to Clinton.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
When it comes to Southern RI, shit goes downhill fast. Hard to get anywhere near there when severe weather strikes, I remember that you guys were stranded for a while with flooded roads. this time its immoveable snow. I do have to say the efficient the state is being with dealing with this. Irene was a clusterfuck, and Sandy was handled a little better, and so far, this storm was handled pretty well
Yeah, in the past 3 years I've had 53 inches of water in my basement, had to remove basically every tree around my house, been without heat/water/power for 4 days during Irene, 5 days during Sandy and now 4 more days for Nemo. Really thinking about moving. These storms have absolutely demolished my savings. The flood alone cost me over 14 grand personally when all was said and done (and that's not including all the stuff I had to sell to cover my bills until the meager insurance settlement came), and other people in the family lost even more stuff. And that's not including all the working time lost due to the 6 weeks of cleanup before the house was livable again.

Insurance companies suck, FEMA is fucking terrible, the state of Rhode Island and the town can both fucking blow me. About the only useful assistance we ever got from anyone was some Menonite charity from Pennsylvania came and helped remove some of the trees threatening the house after Sandy.