Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I didn't much care for the campaigns that came with the expansions and game. The first was kind of finishable solo, undrentide or however you speel that was super super buggy in parts. Unplayable except by the host in parts because of lag caused by moving bits or something. It's been years I only remember the lag.

The underdark was a pretty good time but also had to have some help to play it multiplayer. Had to use cheats to move people around after scripted sequences and such, and it mudflated so bad people were hitting stuff for 200+ by the end.

Bioware made some "premium" mods, and I don't remember most of them looking at a list, but pirates of the sword coast was fantastic. I was heavy into modding at the time and I remember it having some "holy shit how'd they do that" moments.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Ah looking at the steam page, it looks like pirates of the sword coast will be a steam dlc module.

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
You just know they're going to fuck that up if they do it.

I understand the skepticism regarding custom content, but I think it depends what form it takes. It hasn't all been modules. They've talked about tile sets, customization to allow easier access to additional races and classes. Anything that expands the toolkit available to the community would be a welcome addition.

Personally, I have always hoped that someone would convince WOTC to allow them to make digital content for NWN out of all the existing official modules. I realize that's unlikely, but even if they just came to some comprimise to release modified versions of the 5E campaigns to fit the NWN tool set and rules I would be ecstatic.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The kit made it really difficult to add feats or classes or races. I always wanted to do an old ultima remake, kind of how they did 5 and 6 in the dungeon siege engine. Could never really get into the guts of the combat stuff to make it work.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I hope they just learned from the SJW dogshit that was the BG DLC they brought out. If not, then no way I'd go near it.

• 1Solidarity

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I get that, but the EE adds no new content. Any changes they made are more engine and tool set related, so I don't see how any SJW nonsense could be introduced. if they release new modules I would definitely wait to see the community's review of them before purchasing them. Tile sets and other tool set enhancements I would expect to be drama free though.

• 1Like