New Alice in Chains

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I love Facelift, Dirt and Jar of Flies. I cannot stand this new album. Both Stone and Hollow have a similiar structure to the song Heaven Beside You. Which I cannot stand due to it's repetitiveness and inconsistent drop offs in melody.

Yeah, Don't Follow is the premiere funeral song.
It's no Cemetary Gates by Pantera but it's not bad. I just like the Rooster/Rain When I Die combo a lot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
rain when i die, best choice for a dirge.

heard the new song "hollow" and it's good.
two favorites, although tbh AIC is one of those bands where every single song is excellent (facelift, sap, dirt, jar & self-titled)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Bumping a pretty old thread because I just saw this. Holy shit, this kid is crazy.
He looks to be 15-16 years old in this video, and sounds EXACTLY like Layne. Awesome.

The kid's name is Brendan Maier.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you think the new dude for AIC is isane, the new dude for STP is just as insane.

It's like Layne and Scott have been reincarnated.

What voodoo does Courtney do to bring Kurt back from the dead after she killed him?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That kid sounds exactly like Layne. Maybe it's a bad video of Meadow but that guy doesn't really sound all that much like Scott to me.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Me and my friends used to play this shit all the time, just good music to play when you get together. We had a dude that could nail that guitar all day long. I played drums. My favorite was Them bones.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I can't hear Them Bones without expecting to hear Dam that River next.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Them Bones is one of those songs that seems like it should be confusing based on time signature/rhythm, but once you hear the riff a few times it's just natural.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
AIC were never my favorite, but definitely appreciate their place in the genre/time. Nutshell is probably my favorite.

• 1Like