New Alice in Chains

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
Was coming to post this. Sounds great and really looking forward to it. Cantrell if just a fucking genius.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Damn, that's almost Dirt level of awesome.

I never picked up the last album. Is it more awesomeness? I heard mixed reviews.

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
Damn, that's almost Dirt level of awesome.

I never picked up the last album. Is it more awesomeness? I heard mixed reviews.
Go get it right now. I'd rank it somewhere in between Dirt and the Self Titled "Tripod" album. Unlike Soundgarden's newest, AiC seems to be able to rekindle that formula they were so well known for.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The last Alice in Chains album was very awesome and this new song sounds fucking great! The new Soundgarden album is crap in comparison to this.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
what a great song. I really want to see them live when they go on tour for this album. Bucket list type thing. On a different note, I was browsing the youtubes for some AIC vids recently and ran across some of aaron lewis covering some AIC songs. he covers down in a hole and nutshell pretty damn good. worth a look if youre bored, even if you dont like aaron lewis.

heres a link of him and corey taylor singing down in a hole

http://youtu.be/hLqkdNHNm7M

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Alright Cantrell knows how to move forward while maintaining the sound better than Cornell and crew. Can't wait for the rest of this album to drop.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Nice pick up, two of the most intense experiences of my life revolved around Alice in Chains. AiC seems to be the last man standing from the grunge era, the new Soundgarden is mediocre at best and Pearl Jam had their balls removed a long time ago.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I haven't listened to Alice in Chains since their lead singer died in the 90's. This song sounds really good, I may have to check them out again.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'd like to hope the Soundgarden is just working out the kinks from not playing together for 17 years. I think the new album is pretty good. There are moments of "fuck yes, this is Soundgarden" but then there are far too many times it dips into the generic hard rock sound. And it is a bit mellowed out but I personally don't mind that. I'm really excited about seeing them in February. Was too young to really go to concerts during the first go at it.

I'll have to check out the latest AiC album. Can't believe I overlooked it this long.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I've always thought Soundgarden, and Chris Cornell in general, to be pretty overrated. they never came close to Alice in Chains level.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I guess I'm in the minority, but I thought that Black Gives Way to Blue was fairly mediocre. A couple pretty good songs, but otherwise meh. That said, it's still much better than King Animal, for sure.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Calling it a mediocre album is pretty harsh. There are definitely some stand out songs, but I wouldn't call any particularly weak. I always thought the album is better as a whole than on a shuffled playlist.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I would put their last album on the level with Grind. You can listen to it from start to finnish and not feel like hitting skip track at any point. Its a solid album with enough unique sound to make it not feel like a retread of their old stuff. Hardly a weak album.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
God Dam, thanks for shareing this.
I fucking love these guys!
That shit gave me chills listening to it, has bad ass vibe as well.