new eq progression server?

Uzi_sl

shitlord
stumbled upon thishttp://www.fohemu.com/.. will it be fun? will it be another piece of ass server that dies before its born? who knows but im heading over to try it out now. I think it's when im really hungover I get the old eq nostalgia bug, weird.

Aleatha

Silver Knight of the Realm
Will check it out but if it is using the regular emu stuff encounters are going to be trivial.

vishnu_sl

shitlord
uh yah.. not sure about the trolls but this is the server I was talking about over in the KP emu thread. I haven't officially released it yet but it's all working. furor was always my hero back in the day. i set the website up to emulate the old forums.

Aleatha

Silver Knight of the Realm
whats with healer mercs not healing unless you are under 35%?
I havent played it yet but, assuming its like live, set it to reactive and it will heal you early. Also, assuming mercs are as OP as I remember in old content I would just run a tank merc. He will slaughter everything.

Uzi_sl

shitlord
i gave it the old 3 box treatment, 2 tanks and a healer. I dont think the main tank or assist work at all, and each tank would only jump on the closest mob when it was within about 5 feet. the healer ran up to the mobs like it wanted to melee, and did jack shit until anyone in group dipped below 35%. Tried reactive, balanced and efficient, the only heal it cast was minor heal but it did like 100hp.. emu mercs are def wonky.

vishnu_sl

shitlord
yah, the mercs are pretty stupid 'out-of-the-box'. I'm debating if I should fix them or not as it increases preference for real people over mercs. we shall see

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Mercs aren't enabled on PEQ, which leads me to believe they are getting little to no dev time.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Mercs were a an offshoot system we made, based on the bots code, and for the most part they're abandoned development time wise but working.

I think they have some big performance issues that none of us have looked into, hence why PEQ has them disabled.