New iPads n Stuff

Silence_sl

shitlord
Interesting that the original mini is still being made.

Mini $249. Mini 2 is $299. Mini 3 is $399.

I grabbed a Mac Mini. Pretty easy buy at $500.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
The ipad mini 2 is a joke. Only difference I saw was the addition of the touchID. New mac mini also marks the end of firewire on Macs.

Very surprised there was no new appleTV or thunderbolt display tbh :/

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think I'm gonna be getting the new iPad Air 2, my iPad 2 is getting old and slow...and IOS 8.0 wasn't very nice to it. I think it's the last update the iPad will be getting, with the way my iPad 2 is running with IOS 8, I think they should have skipped it for this update.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Because i am assuming they didnt do it in purpose? You ever try running windows 8 on a really old pc? Shit runs slow. This is not any different until proven otherwise.

Besides i am not buying another ipad, i want something that i can take notes on so it will be some form of samsung galaxy when the time comes.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Because i am assuming they didnt do it in purpose? You ever try running windows 8 on a really old pc? Shit runs slow. This is not any different until proven otherwise.
Windows 8 actually lower system requirements than Vista from nearly 8-years ago, further Microsoft doesn't push out new versions of the OS.

Apple knows exactly which hardware IOS will be installed on, in fact they pick which devices! They have absolutely no excuse when devices have bad performance; its either apathy (didn't bother to test), incompetence (botched testing) or self-serving (e.g. can claim X% of users on the latest version, or push users with older devices to ugprade).

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just bought the new iPad Air 2 for my dad this weekend. It's a damn nice piece of hardware, very thin and light. Definitely runs iOS 8 better than my iPad 2, I'm jealous of him now.
smile.png

Looking at the difference in size and weight and power, it's still amazes me sometimes how fast technology advances in so little time.

He sent me an email this morning, telling me he likes the Touch ID since he had already forgotten his pass code.
smile.png