New Lord of the Rings MMO

Argarth

On the verandah
Pretty disappointed this ended with a contract dispute. Could have happily lost myself in a big new LoTRO MMO.

Regardless of whether this was going to succeed or not, Blizzard must be laughing their arses off. Another free pass to keep shitting out trash WoW expansions for years to come.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I remember the fitrst LOTRO MMO game. The combat that was so disjointed it actually had a queue for your attacks? Yeah...

Argarth

On the verandah
I remember the fitrst LOTRO MMO game. The combat that was so disjointed it actually had a queue for your attacks? Yeah...
The combat was pretty atrocious if you were used to more connected/fast paced actions, but I remember a lot of the seasoned/vocal vets liked it at the time. Think the devs might have been afraid to change it too much, or perhaps the engine functioned better that way, who knows. I really enjoyed the time I spent in the game world though.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not really a surprise since LOTR Lead Designer left weeks ago for Riot:
I doubt it's only because of Tencent.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I still remember being excited for Middle Earth Online back in the day before they changed it.

• 2Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
So Pantheon has survived longer than arguably the most recognizable name in adventure, storytelling, and fiction funded by the most lucrative company in the world?

Welcome to 2021....

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Let's be honest, it was probably going to be some action combat bullshit anyways.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So Pantheon has survived longer than arguably the most recognizable name in adventure, storytelling, and fiction funded by the most lucrative company in the world?

Welcome to 2021....

This is still more likely to release than pantheon

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
This is still more likely to release than pantheon
Deez Nuts GIF

• 1Worf

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honestly, this is a good news for me. I'd rather see LOTR, actually any franchise I like, hybernate until ~2030. Darwin will hopefully finish his work by then and we will be cleansed of woke trash, or we will eventually get hit by a huge meteorite. Win in either case.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Stave

Potato del Grande
Honestly, this is a good news for me. I'd rather see LOTR, actually any franchise I like, hybernate until ~2030. Darwin will hopefully finish his work by then and we will be cleansed of woke trash, or we will eventually get hit by a huge meteorite. Win in either case.
Or we will get a ministry of truth approved version, with dildo faggins the tranny and other loveable LBGTQWTF characters all hamfisted up in this bitch.

• 1Tiresome

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Or we will get a ministry of truth approved version, with dildo faggins the tranny and other loveable LBGTQWTF characters all hamfisted up in this bitch.

If y'all get another 4 years of wokeness after the current Harris term, Eru himself is gonna Numenor the fuck out of your entire continent.

MELKOR 2024

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Might check this out. Sucks that all these progression servers are launching at the same time. WoW TBC, EQ Mischief, and now this.

• 2Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'd actually like a Rift classic server before they nerfed all the dungeons into the ground. THen try to create more content from the ground up.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I'd actually like a Rift classic server before they nerfed all the dungeons into the ground. THen try to create more content from the ground up.

And also before they nerfed/homogenized Souls to "balance" their shitty pvp battlegrounds. Which pre-launch they promised they would never do.

• 2Like