New Nexus phone & tablet

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is the Nexus tablet line better then a Surface Pro if price isn't a consideration between the two?

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Price on the N6 is terrible.

Also, the Google Nexus Player is super disappointing. I was hoping they would take Google TV and knock it up a notch. Instead they just copied the Roku and left off the ethernet port. Seriously, all 3 offerings are just more of the same thing that we could already get elsewhere. What the hell were they thinking with this stuff?

Malkav

French Madman
They kinda destroyed the interest of the Nexus line with that price tag, duh.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I really didn't want the Nexus 6 due to its size, but that price...wtf. Is this a goodbye to the reasonably priced Nexus line?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why is 4:3 good? Just for vertical use? I always use my nexus 7 in landscape when it's an option. Aren't movies etc all formatted for 16:9?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The price is probably going to stop me from getting a N6. I was iffy on the size but was willing to try it at the old price point. Definitely not at 650 though.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I was really hoping to make the N6 my next phone, as I love the Nexus line. However, with that pricetag, there's no way. Now I'm completely lost on which phone I'm going to grab. I might just grab a N5.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I was gonna buy an N6 as my first smartphone but at that price I'm noping all the way to the bank. Nope nope nope.

They should have made an updated 5 at a decent price.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I don't get the strategy behind the N6. There are plenty of expensive flagship phones on the market already. The nice thing about the Nexus line was that it had pretty good specs at an affordable price. I'll stick with my N5, thanks.

I also don't get the 4:3 aspect ratio. I returned the first iPad because the black bars for movies drove me crazy. 16:9 works perfectly for reading PDFs, too, so I'm not sure what they thought the problem was.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I am wondering if the N5 might stick around longer than the N4 did, that way Google will have a smaller, less expensive alternative to the N6.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm still using my N4. I'll probably be using it for another year and hope next year the Nexus line gets a new, lower-price option. I'm on StraightTalk so I don't really have any cheap upgrade options and I don't want to sign with any of the main carriers.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
How does the Moto X stack up to the Nexus 5 and 6?

I would really like a 1+1 but I don't have an invite.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Not as good, hardware wise. It has a nifty feature in the active display that I wish more manufacturers(that use amoled) would copy.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Ive got an N5 but it has a really tiny crack in the case near the Sim card. Doesn't really hurt it but I was ready to replace it.