New Progression Server confirmed

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
How do expeditions work on live servers?

The very first instanced raid was Plane of Time, and, if I recall correctly, they locked the total number to 4 per server. If you tried to create a 5th within a certain time frame, the zone creation would fail. A solution similar to this would be a compromise between the poop sockers and the nostalgic adults with responsibilities.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider

The very first instanced raid was Plane of Time, and, if I recall correctly, they locked the total number to 4 per server. If you tried to create a 5th within a certain time frame, the zone creation would fail. A solution similar to this would be a compromise between the poop sockers and the nostalgic adults with responsibilities.
expeditions on live servers are basically just like WoW raid was back in classic/tbc. Its a fine system and they should use it.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
"Holly Longdale ?@TheWindstalker 1h1 hour ago
For #Everquest Ragefire & Lockjaw we're aware of high raid zone population issues & actively looking at solutions. More news when it's ready"

Boom.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm not sure how I feel about raid instancing to be honest. I guess it's great to get in and experience the content.

I think I like the triggered instance based on acquired progression loot a lot. Could function and give guilds a reasonable non-sock schedule.

Gosh I'm not sure, instancing the stuff should come with lockouts otherwise one guild is going to hop 5 instances and get 5 dragons.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
It will be more fun with instances, put week long lockouts on it, leave the base zones in so you can race for double loot if you want it. Win.

Eonan

Doer of Things
I'm torn, instancing removes the need to poopsock CT spawns for 24 hours, but it also removes the raiding competition which is what makes EQ so much different from other MMOs.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
We all want old school EQ raid mob competition, but not in the way it manifests on these progression servers.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
We all want old school EQ raid mob competition, but not in the way it manifests on these progression servers.
Would it really bethatmuch different if it the targets weren't killable by a single guy boxing many accounts? That's a genuine question. To me it wouldn't be any different, just a different level of urgency.

My experience is probably different than yours because I was always in the more casual guilds. Our progression always lined up such that by the time we were ready for the next raid tier we had free access to targets because the hardcore guild had already exhausted their need to farm. When HC Guild went to the planes, we got the dragons; when HC Guild was doing Trak, we did VS; etc.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Would it really bethatmuch different if it the targets weren't killable by a single guy boxing many accounts? That's a genuine question. To me it wouldn't be any different, just a different level of urgency.

My experience is probably different than yours because I was always in the more casual guilds. Our progression always lined up such that by the time we were ready for the next raid tier we had free access to targets because the hardcore guild had already exhausted their need to farm. When HC Guild went to the planes, we got the dragons; when HC Guild was doing Trak, we did VS; etc.
Hmm main difference I could see is mobilization. 1 or 2 guys with 6-18 box characters can all gate into the spawn and they are ready(pets are already out and buffed) to engage almost instantly. Whereas when you are mobilizing 30+ of different people it takes a while to get them all to the location and ready to go(without poopsocking).

Vitality

HUSTLE
I can't wait to /pick then kill the boss then /q and /pick again (timer reset) through all 5 instances to get shit loads of loot. Then leave an alt with an afk bypass macro in the corner to keep the instance loaded.

Vaclav

Few in MIM TS noticed that and were feeling bad for you.
To be fair, since day three or so - I've not gotten any more - seems the S is distinctive enough that people notice it for the most part.

And chatting with him some last night, does seem he took it for legit reasons - just a stupid coincidence. [Azuth is a god in Forgotten Realms - although I didn't take the name to imply him, it likely was in the back of my head when I started using Aszuth]

Vaclav

Time's thing was psuedo-instancing before they really had instancing set up. Everything has REAL instancing now. (And even time was changed to real instancing)

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think people are on these servers to relieve the community which is sorely lacking from many MMO's these days and the content. Instanced raiding will fix that provided they put a lock out on the raids. You should not be able to kill Naggy more than once every 3-4 days etc. I want to raid but with my job its taking me a bit to get going on the server and I don't want to poop sock to compete with boxers. That will plummet the population if something is not done.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Eye of Veeshan slain on Lockjaw today, completing classic.

8EUYWA9.png

H0bcTGT.png

pG1Vesu.jpg

vHr8lKa.jpg

EkQ13vr.png

J7IC6cE.jpg

Vaclav

Hmmm - if so I've not gotten wind of it. But all accounts I'm aware of offline.

Actually scratch that - his alt team - Sevek/etc are still online.