New Progression Server confirmed

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Not sure if people will be boxing their main and 11 mages. Of course there will be boxing and lots of people will be playing mages, but it won't be the same.
if you show up to a camp with 6 mages on auto follow all sync casting you will get banned quick I hope, of course you will still have that guy with his druid 'buddy' who doesnt talk or cast much and the guy whose cleric friend never seems to be busy when he needs rez but it will be worlds different than the current environment.

Sterling

El Presidente
if you show up to a camp with 6 mages on auto follow all sync casting you will get banned quick I hope, of course you will still have that guy with his druid 'buddy' who doesnt talk or cast much and the guy whose cleric friend never seems to be busy when he needs rez but it will be worlds different than the current environment.
Yeah, that's sort of what I was getting at. People will still play 2 or 3 characters, but it's different than holding efreeti by yourself with your 2 mage groups.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, that's sort of what I was getting at. People will still play 2 or 3 characters, but it's different than holding efreeti by yourself with your 2 mage groups.
Of course not, that's a bit extreme and only because of the pet coding and Krono. On P99 we did all of the same camps like Efretti and Kunark ones except we held it down with 2 boxes instead of 6. I think I did Drusella probably 50+ times boxing alone as well as leveled from 50-60 in Skyfire with my SK FD and boxing Encs & Wizzies to AE. Its was a lot more subtle on p99 but it we got the job done just the same.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
One of my pals on Lockjaw (Not in our guild though) was already talking about buying a bunch of cheap computers so he could 12-18 box.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who says those 6 are not on their own computers? I can easily see some people doing it(probably those who are selling krono for $). And guess what a no boxer server will be heaven for them, because all the "Regular" players are going to be even more hard up for gear/currency and probably more likely to buy krono from dbg to get it.

All the camps will still be held down by 1 guy. Still have afk mages at every spawn in Runnyeye. Still have one guy with his 6 or more characters, killing phinny or farming hate .

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah I've almost always had 2 pcs and a laptop and I used to box that way. Can't imagine similar setups would be particularly rare for people that play EQ.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Who says those 6 are not on their own computers? I can easily see some people doing it(probably those who are selling krono for $). And guess what a no boxer server will be heaven for them, because all the "Regular" players are going to be even more hard up for gear/currency and probably more likely to buy krono from dbg to get it.

All the camps will still be held down by 1 guy. Still have afk mages at every spawn in Runnyeye. Still have one guy with his 6 or more characters, killing phinny or farming hate .
It depends on what the rule is. I hope they arent dumb enough to just make the rule one login per computer. If the rule itself is "No Boxing" then people will likely be able to get away with a 2 box and people won't really care or won't be able to prove its a box to a GM, but if you show up with 6 boxes on virtual machines all networked together it's pretty obvious to everyone and you need to get banned even if you think your clever and it looks to the GM like its 6 seperate logins from different places.

If they are stupid enough to actually make the rule one account per computer then the server will be trash cause you will have big networked box armys and GMs who won't ban them.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
It depends on what the rule is. I hope they arent dumb enough to just make the rule one login per computer. If the rule itself is "No Boxing" then people will likely be able to get away with a 2 box and people won't really care or won't be able to prove its a box to a GM, but if you show up with 6 boxes on virtual machines all networked together it's pretty obvious to everyone and you need to get banned even if you think your clever and it looks to the GM like its 6 seperate logins from different places.

If they are stupid enough to actually make the rule one account per computer then the server will be trash cause you will have big networked box armys and GMs who won't ban them.
With all of the current rule dancing and lawyering going on you can 100% expect people to do that. Not to mention since its DBG they will change the original advertised server rules and it might end up being an only boxing server with instanced raids in classic.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
All they have to say is that if you use ISBoxer you'll be banned. Well and then actually ban people. Boxing more than a handful of accounts without ISBoxer would be pretty god damn hard and not very effective IMO.

Thraka_sl

shitlord
All they have to say is that if you use ISBoxer you'll be banned. Well and then actually ban people. Boxing more than a handful of accounts without ISBoxer would be pretty god damn hard and not very effective IMO.
A lot of the people that mass box don't even use ISBoxer, they use a plugin called BCC which is built into MQ. It's pretty hard to tell the difference between the two, they can function almost identically the same.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
A lot of the people that mass box don't even use ISBoxer, they use a plugin called BCC which is built into MQ. It's pretty hard to tell the difference between the two, they can function almost identically the same.
Yeah I guess I should amend that to say "box management programs," in general. Basically, allow as many boxes as you want, just don't allow a 3rd party program to manage all of them.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
So the one client per pc server will release. We'll all complain at the 12 computer box armies. Then wait a few months and the no boxing at all server releases?
biggrin.png

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
With all of the current rule dancing and lawyering going on you can 100% expect people to do that. Not to mention since its DBG they will change the original advertised server rules and it might end up being an only boxing server with instanced raids in classic.
Except Virtual Networking like VMWare is specifically already an instaban. All they'd need to do is expand it out appropriately and then wham - no humans necessary.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
So they just suspended the entire MM guild cause one guy went up in sky and was breaking rotation, and was then kicked from MM for doing it.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I am in their mumble right now and they are freaking out, a guy named snobz who is a boxer that joined them a week or so ago they said went to sky and killed stuff and then the MM officers kicked him when FI notified them and then they banned the whole guild. They said alot of even associated accounts got banned but mine didn't atleast even tho my buddy in MM plays it sometimes.

They literally banned the entire guild, even if you haven't logged in to lockjaw in weeks they said.