New Progression Server confirmed

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't expect or plan to raid much in vanilla its going to be insane.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The real hilarious part about the DPS parsing is that it's just the magepetsthat are flat better than every melee class. No one seems to mention that the mages themselves get spells like this:

Lava Bolt :: Spells :: EverQuest :: ZAM

So it's going to be what, end game velious before melee classes are worth even having around? All of vanilla a single mage will be worth 5ish of any melee class and that'll pretty much continue until you see 15/20 weapons and primals in velious.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That data is wrong. It does like 800-1k tops. Not 1515.

I wonder if the summoned mage focus items will be in like this one:http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...tml?spell=2237

Gallenite's Opal Bracelet
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO RENT
Slot: WRIST
AC: 6
HP: +10 MANA: +10
Recommended level of 40.
Focus Effect: Gallenite's Destruction
WT: 0.1 Size: TINY
Class: CLR PAL RNG SHD DRU SHM NEC WIZ MAG ENC BST
Race: ALL

Effect:
Increase Spell Damage by 20%

Limit: Max Level(52)
Limit: Instant spells only
Limit: Target(Unknown(-2) excluded)
Limit: Target(Area around caster excluded)
Limit: Target(Area around target excluded)
Limit: Target(Giant excluded)
Limit: Target(Dragon excluded)

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Okay so mages are only worth 4 of every melee class then? In don't actually see the point in this server if they can't/won't revert spell and fist damage. What is everyone gonna do, box mage groups and fight other boxed mage groups for Vox for the next 6 months? Wait, who am I kidding, of course that is what they're going to do.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
You guys talking about monk groups are seriously undervaluing tanks. We learned that the last time.

You'll wind up with a uber dps group that is either a) sitting on its ass waiting for mobs to respawn or b) sitting on its ass waiting on healer mana.

Of course the catch is a tank pretty much has to be your main because all of your effort will be spent gearing it.

Expect a whole fuckton of mages lining up at phinny.

Evernothing

The best part is there are only 5 Mage Epic drops in Kunark, Neh Ashiir being the hardest. With classic @ 6 months they will have lots of time to farm!

Phinny will be a pain, but the Earth Staff from Hate might be worse. I believe it has a 0.75% drop rate.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I could see rolling a warrior if you already have dedicated people/guild to play with, but god the idea of trying to solo level a warrior and find groups just brings pack ptsd for me.

Crone

You guys talking about monk groups are seriously undervaluing tanks. We learned that the last time.

You'll wind up with a uber dps group that is either a) sitting on its ass waiting for mobs to respawn or b) sitting on its ass waiting on healer mana.

Of course the catch is a tank pretty much has to be your main because all of your effort will be spent gearing it.

Expect a whole fuckton of mages lining up at phinny.
That's why my groups will still have an SK, and I plan on maining the SK this time around. A geared tank is far too valuable and too much of a pain in the dick, or expensive, to do it through other means.

Using mage pets as tanks works, but damn is it annoying trying to control them sometimes.

I could see rolling a warrior if you already have dedicated people/guild to play with, but god the idea of trying to solo level a warrior and find groups just brings pack ptsd for me.
You'll be one of the few tanks on the server, and so getting groups will be easy!

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I'd like to do a bard or a knight (SKs seemed more fun in earlier life, later on pallies seem pretty awesome). If we get a group together I'd definitely hang out.

skylan_sl

shitlord
I downloaded and logged in for nostalgic purposes. Was cool to make some toons and run around in Neriak, Erudin, etc.. Wow, the graphics are so bad lol.

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
There's been a little talk, but is everyone just joining TL?
The Faceless Order is rolling on this server. A lot of TFO members are on this board, including the GL Zaide. It's going to be tough to out maneuver TL's 300+ zerg, but someone has to try to.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
so fucking broke, but with a $1.5k check coming in the beginning of june.

i hope i have the $15 to sub on launch day.

would definitely roll with TFO this time around.

Noahx

N00b
TFO was great to hang with during my random returns to Norrath over the years.

With the huge beginning surge population, i'm wondering if there is going to be a need for cleric healing or chanter mezz'ing. I've been dicking with a cleric... but know druid is much easier. Chanters suck so hard until low / mid 20s.