New Progression Server confirmed

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ya, MQ2 commands. You "connect" all your toons to a EQBC "server", and then they can pass commands among each other. Kinda neat.

Evernothing

Yes. /bca and /bcaa are to send MQ2 commands to other toons through EQBC.

I can guarantee you most of those people boxing 3+ mages are using it.
And most of TL.
And the guys automatically HT'ing raid targets as they spawn.
etc...

Vaclav

Yes. /bca and /bcaa are to send MQ2 commands to other toons through EQBC.

I can guarantee you most of those people boxing 3+ mages are using it.
And most of TL.
And the guys automatically HT'ing raid targets as they spawn.
etc...
I'm fully expecting them to use their new EULA verbiage to go after MQ2 hard - this patch (which did nothing particularly visible) has been noted to have increased lag on Live - and about two weeks ago when they added all the DBG logos they added a "you consent to deep scans" clause into the EULA (and already know of one friend using VMWare who got an instaban even though he wasn't hacking when he logged in on his work machine that has VMWare - if they're doing that when they detect VMWare....)

It seems like they've got all the pieces of the trap set up and just waiting for people to foolishly use it.

[Note: Plenty of TL players are legit - of the ones I know, I know quite a few pretty well - and ONE uses MQ2 to my knowledge - perhaps a few use it low level enough that it's not obvious and are willing to lie to my face - but although I'll discourage people from it's use even without fears of being caught (which may be well-founded ATM) I don't think many would lie to me, since I really don't care at the end of the day]

Needless

Toe Sucker
The only thing i would miss is /stick

Auto follow is so poorly made in EQ its kind of sad lol, i wouldn't bother using MQ2 just for that though. The map is nice as well but i don't really care after playing P99 for awhile

Evernothing

I'm fully expecting them to use their new EULA verbiage to go after MQ2 hard - this patch (which did nothing particularly visible) has been noted to have increased lag on Live - and about two weeks ago when they added all the DBG logos they added a "you consent to deep scans" clause into the EULA (and already know of one friend using VMWare who got an instaban even though he wasn't hacking when he logged in on his work machine that has VMWare - if they're doing that when they detect VMWare....)
Did this EULA change after the announcement of their co-operation with P99 ?

If so, I bet they got the MQ detection code from the P99 guys.

Interesting either way.

Vaclav

Did this EULA change after the announcement of their co-operation with P99 ?

If so, I bet they got the MQ detection code from the P99 guys.

Interesting either way.
Yes, it was after. (at least that people noticed the EULA change and started talking about it) - May 13th was when the discussion started over it vs. Apr 29th for P99 announcement. So yep, after)

New parts:
4.6 use, post, host or distribute cheats, hacks, mods, macros, \"bots\" or other programs which would allow unattended game play or which otherwise impact game play (including, without limitation, any program which enables or facilitates mining, character kills, or level increases) in connection with any Game(s);
5. CONSENT TO MONITOR
When running any Game(s), we may monitor your computer system or console for unauthorized third party programs running concurrently with any Game(s) which, in Daybreak's sole determination: (a) enable or facilitate cheating of any type; (b) allow users to modify or hack any Game interface, environment, and/or experience in any way not expressly authorized by Daybreak; or (c) intercept, "mine" or otherwise collect information from or through any Game(s) (an "Unauthorized Third Party Program"). In the event that we detect an Unauthorized Third Party Program: (i) the Game(s) may communicate information back to Daybreak, including, without limitation, your Account username, details about the Unauthorized Third Party Program detected and the activities or functions performed thereby, and/or (ii) Daybreak may exercise any or all of its rights and remedies under this Agreement or the Terms of Service without prior notice to the user linked to such Unauthorized Third Party Program. You acknowledge that any and all character data and other data that is stored and is resident on our servers, and any and all communications that you make within any Game(s) (including, but not limited to, messages solely directed at another player or group of players) traverse through our servers, may or may not be monitored by us or our agents, and that you have no expectation of privacy in any such communications and you expressly consent to such monitoring of communications you send and receive.
Those were both listed as changes in the thread.

Some do claim it's a generalized change (note console mentioned - although no console DBG titles ATM) - and Smed did announce a ton of hackers banned a day or two after it. (presumably in H1Z1 since he doesn't Tweet about much else)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
If they actually detect passive MQ use then everyone will go back to using autofire or those custom keyboards for dps races.

Needless

Toe Sucker
You can't make your character/name already right? those are just perspective names?

Also... wtf? Kungen is playing on Ragefire... this server is going to be insanely packed if his lackies follow him :\

Vaclav

If they actually detect passive MQ use then everyone will go back to using autofire or those custom keyboards for dps races.
G15/510's actually use software - so if they'd put a kibosh hard enough they could go after people for that. Some less widely marketed ones are hardware based I think though.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I don't know if there is serious interest in a centralized RR guild. Obviously Iim biased as to which guild you should all join...

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
should be writing this sociology paper, but i'm too excited for this server launch to focus on it. got all my sources lined up, at least. i'll just shit the paper out between classes tomorrow.