New Progression Server confirmed

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i thought about registering that name just to troll you. i guess i should have, but to reserve it for ya.

got a feeling it will be locked til tomorrow.
I dunno, I would think anyone going home before like 9pm pst tonight is hoping for severance pay...

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
If they don't wipe the server after all this... starting to believe they may be that incapable.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I dunno, I would think anyone going home before like 9pm pst tonight is hoping for severance pay...
so they've got two hours and 20 minutes to fix it, and be sure enough that they fixed it to be willing to unlock it overnight without anyone at HQ.

not gonna happen.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
so they've got two hours and 20 minutes to fix it, and be sure enough that they fixed it to be willing to unlock it overnight without anyone at HQ.

not gonna happen.
No way. They've got 2 hours to fix it, and hope they fixed it enough to be willing to unlock it overnight while someone without young enough kids or a backbone to say no is forced to stay at HQ and help them all keep their jobs.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
with a 90% chance that the one dude sitting at HQ will end up having to just take the server down again when another gamebreaking bug pops up.

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Believe me, we are very sorry about Ragefire. This is really frustrating. When we have a confirmed resolution, we'll share it. #everquest holly

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Is fast ooc regen active on the ragefire's ruleset? I assumed it wasn't, but if it is, that changes what my classes may be.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Believe me, we are very sorry about Ragefire. This is really frustrating. When we have a confirmed resolution, we'll share it. #everquest holly
I sympathize. People can make mistakes but these guys have been in the industry for how long? This really should not be this difficult. Still hoping I can get started tonight. Long day at work tomorrow...

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
just did the exact same race/class/deity combo on Vox and on Vulak... no heroic gear.

so somehow they fucked things up specifically for Ragefire. which is a headscratcher.

Thrawnseg_sl

shitlord
New post just now:

Hey guys,

The team is still hard at work resolving the issue where some players are starting at level 50. It will be at least a few hours until Ragefire is ready.

To Wipe or Not to Wipe... That Is the Question

We're exploring the option of wiping the server. The benefit is it gives everyone a clean slate. The disadvantage of a wipe is it clears all Marketplace purchases on the server.

If we do move forward with a wipe, it'll take some time to replace all purchases for players. Players will also be able to get a full refund through customer service by using /petition in-game.

If we need to wipe, we'll be able to reset character claims. No one will lose any beta bags that they already claimed on this server.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Forgot about the type of player opposite of the "Powergamer" that EQ attracts. All these people justifying this launch to just blatantly side with the devs...

Needless

Toe Sucker
Looool

Muh names doe
frown.png
god damnit.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
If any devs read this, wipe the server. It will maintain the integrity in the eyes of everyone and cost a few people like an hour of work max. Easy decision for any business to make.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So thats why they are afraid to wipe. What a total clusterfuck.
"The items were all no-trade! There wasn't any plat! The buffs don't last very long! We have the logs!"

Uh huh. And this confidence comes from where exactly. I hope the second round of horseshit was enough to convince them that they probably in fact did not have everything under control even the first time around and should probably just go with a wipe.

If they don't I look forward months from now hearing people still complain about how Bigogrecock from <Lords of Jizz> got a bunch of level 50 druid buffs, a dragoon dirk, and two bags of belts before the server went down and catapulted to an insurmountable lead and the first Nagafen kill and it was never ever fair. Oh, and Wankspank of <Elite Cockjockeys> totally put 1000 plat in the shared bank before servers went down and that's how he strangled the economy.

penalty_sl

shitlord
"The items were all no-trade! There wasn't any plat! The buffs don't last very long! We have the logs!"

Uh huh. And this confidence comes from where exactly. I hope the second round of horseshit was enough to convince them that they probably in fact did not have everything under control even the first time around and should probably just go with a wipe.

If they don't I look forward months from now hearing people still complain about how Bigogrecock from <Lords of Jizz> got a bunch of level 50 druid buffs, a dragoon dirk, and two bags of belts before the server went down and catapulted to an insurmountable lead and the first Nagafen kill and it was never ever fair. Oh, and Wankspank of <Elite Cockjockeys> totally put 1000 plat in the shared bank before servers went down and that's how he strangled the economy.
Lol yea theres always that dude on every server that nolifes it in EC tunnel flipping shit with millions of plat, that guy on this server is gonna be public enemy number 1 if theres no wipe.