New Progression Server confirmed

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
lol @ the poop socking starts at the login server.

Here's to hoping they open a second server.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I ended up getting in last night, but I wouldn't mind a 2nd server, as I'm about to go out of town for a week, so I would love the chance to start all over and not be so far behind.
smile.png

Also, how do you make a guild in EQ? I've never done it before, but was curious.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Logged in from work, had to log off, tried to get back on and it's already max cap at 930am est :/

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Servers full. They need a second one to be merged sometime down the road.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Honestly the just need to add a second server that merges at some point, but the need to do it now before this holiday weekend. Its gonna be a total cockblock for a ton of players for the next 3 days if they leave things the way they are.

Next tuesday might be too late, and lots of people might move on. Honestly I dont see why they arent trying to retain every subscriber they can.

Dragoon_sl

shitlord
Honestly the just need to add a second server that merges at some point, but the need to do it now before this holiday weekend. Its gonna be a total cockblock for a ton of players for the next 3 days if they leave things the way they are.

Next tuesday might be too late, and lots of people might move on. Honestly I dont see why they arent trying to retain every subscriber they can.
Longdale tweeted they will experiment with raising the max capacity.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
They are going to fuck this up pretty good and lose out on a lot of sub's.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Shit needs to get raised ASAP, and hugely. We have like fucking, what? 1000x the computing power for the price we had back in 99? Why can't they fucking pump this shit to at least 4-5x the capacity as a server back then?

Eonan

Doer of Things
Yea this is pretty lame, went to be last night thinking it would be easier to get in this morning....nope. I dont understand why they're being so god damn hard headed about launching another server. It's mindboggling.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was trying to log in at midnight last night and was still getting the "server max capacity" message.

I'm not mad about all the delays and not being able to play. I am not going to throw a fit or curse anyone out over twitter... but I do have other games like The Witcher or Dota 2 I can actually play and have some fun with. They need to open up a second server asap or they will lose people.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Shit needs to get raised ASAP, and hugely. We have like fucking, what? 1000x the computing power for the price we had back in 99? Why can't they fucking pump this shit to at least 4-5x the capacity as a server back then?
Kinda my thought. Especially since they are using the instancing system to manage the newbie zones, let the people play. Not sure how they seem to still be back in 1999 in terms of technology.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Even if more people log in, once the majority are past the instancing areas, there isn't going to be enough mobs to kill to satisfy the size of their playerbase.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It's crazy how DB seems to drag it's feet and fight every necessary change before finally implementing it.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Raising server cap wont fix this. People will flood in and youll still have AFKS filling up spots. Not to mention the overcrowding on non instanced zones. Its gonna be a nightmare. They need a 2nd server.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Reddit is down, no live feed dev thread for me. That thing was awesome yesterday!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

100% this. I'll have time to poopsock pretty hard this weekend, but if I'm getting reports after work today and throughout the weekend that the servers are still impossible to log into, I'm not even going to bother spending my $15. I'll just go mess around with P99 for my nostalgia fix.