New Progression Server confirmed

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Everyone has their own cleric. Even without mercs when I played on fippy I watched cleric mains beg for groups while people's box armies were handling the role.

I suppose I could just go cleric and make 5 mages to level him.
I plan on six boxing on the new server. Send me a tell anytime for a spot in my group. As far as I'm concerned, my boxes are slaves I use to do my mains bidding. I'll drop one for a player in a heartbeat if anyone of you guys need a group.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I plan on six boxing on the new server. Send me a tell anytime for a spot in my group. As far as I'm concerned, my boxes are slaves I use to do my mains bidding. I'll drop one for a player in a heartbeat if anyone of you guys need a group.
Word - and since I didn't elaborate - Laura and I tend to do duos that work for moderate XP without anyone that really sing adding a healer w/ plenty of DPS spots. (i.e. SK/Bard - wonderful core that can go almost anywhere do almost anything as long as it's blue duo, but also great for adding almost all of the "always need groups" classes onto - although I am lightly debating a healer bot, but he'd be dropped for humans whenever a spot was needed)

Hell, I'd rather be entertained by grouping with 4 other humans even if I was making twice the XP duo/trio at the time - defeats the purpose of playing IMO without other people. [Although like Freznic implied - I'll always try to work someone in unless it's all filled with humans, but definitely more of a "respond to asking" thing than me hunting passive LFG's after a bit - I might min-max to try to work humans in early, but once it's running, time melts and I stop hunting for people even though I still prefer them]

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ya.. I think I may just play here too. I fired up eq to mess around, but I am still not sure what I want to play. I kinda want to play a class I have never messed with before. The problem is all those classes tend to be ones that may not do well with a prog server. Berserker is like a monk with one hand tied behind his back, and druid.. I dunno. I may just go enchanter.. ugg. (hell never played a cleric either.. may do that)

Vaclav

Zerkers are amazing, but unless they really modify the ruleset to explicitly allow them, they won't be in.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Obviously Twisted Legion are going to try their hand on the new server. Assuming decent rule set, are any other guilds confirmed? I heard Faceless Order might give it a go? I'm always curious to see what guilds form pre launch.

Amenra

Molten Core Raider
Just placed my vote for option 3. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a server capped at velious!

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Hmm, is it worth going necro and putting up with the twitching/useless for dps era until Necros get crazy powerful on raids? Or should I just go cleric or rogue. hmm

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So when looking at P1999 spells vs allakazam spells, I can see that SOE went through and pretty much buffed the shit out of all the spells. Example Frost Rift L5 shaman spell has a max damage of 15 on P1999. I remember that being accurate from my original shaman. Live shows Frost Rift doing a max damage of 53 at level 11. That is a huge increase. If all the spells are like that I expect most content to be trivial in the extreme.

I didn't play on the last set of progression servers, but was that a problem? Content being trivial?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Hmm, is it worth going necro and putting up with the twitching/useless for dps era until Necros get crazy powerful on raids? Or should I just go cleric or rogue. hmm
Necro dps won't be bad even early. Your pet should be OP, your taps are good even in Sky I believe and you can duo Cazic Thule (the raid mob) at 50 with a Cleric, so that's pretty cool.

Crone

Ya, I mained a necro on Vulak the last time around, and you don't really turn into a twitch whore until like Luclin, in VT when the fights get considerably longer.

I don't have any active accounts to vote, but I really hope that a server isn't capped at a certain expansion. It doesn't make any sense to just stop it completely. I've asked before, but anyone care to explain why this is a good idea, and how the server would expect to retain subs after the content gets stale?

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ya, I mained a necro on Vulak the last time around, and you don't really turn into a twitch whore until like Luclin, in VT when the fights get considerably longer.

I don't have any active accounts to vote, but I really hope that a server isn't capped at a certain expansion. It doesn't make any sense to just stop it completely. I've asked before, but anyone care to explain why this is a good idea, and how the server would expect to retain subs after the content gets stale?
I guess P1999 would be the example, it's been on Kunark for 4 years and has up to 1500 players on at peak on weekends. I don't think playing old Everquest is really all about the content, its more about the community and the social aspects. I think that 1500 players is probably the same if not more than the number of players on any given live server currently.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Necro dps won't be bad even early. Your pet should be OP, your taps are good even in Sky I believe and you can duo Cazic Thule (the raid mob) at 50 with a Cleric, so that's pretty cool.
My memory might not be the best, but doesn't Cazic DT?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess P1999 would be the example, it's been on Kunark for 4 years and has up to 1500 players on at peak on weekends. I don't think playing old Everquest is really all about the content, its more about the community and the social aspects.
+1

Crone

I guess P1999 would be the example, it's been on Kunark for 4 years and has up to 1500 players on at peak on weekends. I don't think playing old Everquest is really all about the content, its more about the community and the social aspects. I think that 1500 players is probably the same if not more than the number of players on any given live server currently.
Fair enough, and I guess EQ Mac had a fairly popular following. The ruleset wouldn't stop me from playing, but the entire thing wasn't so bad on Prog 2.0 going through all the expansions. To me though, I had never raided GoD or after, so seeing all of that for the first time was pretty fun.

But I do agree, it's the social aspect that keeps people around far longer than the content does. Here's hoping for a release sometime in the next few months.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
True. Knowing me I'll go with a cleric for the 10th time though since I'm a masochist =P. You going to bring TFO here? We can drag Nitsude over too!

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Someone needs to give us a timeline on this thing. Maybe I missed it but we need some details.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
True. Knowing me I'll go with a cleric for the 10th time though since I'm a masochist =P. You going to bring TFO here? We can drag Nitsude over too!
I mean, I've been planning for a new progression server since we left the previous one, but if it releases pre august I most likely won't be able to play.

Also the prospect of TL and EoE teaming up is interesting. It would be challenging to beat them since like 90% of all hardcore progression players have previously been in one or the other.

I saw Zithax post here, anyone know if Zain, Fleury, Arduin and Skie will be playing?