New Progression Server confirmed

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
so there's pretty much no hope of a 100% classic server from soe?
Back a couple years ago they pretty well said no way. Is that true... I don't know. They say it's all gone and there's no way to reverse engineering the game.

I guess it just depends on your goal and priorities. I think it would benefit them to work backwards and get that level of functionality and then move forward. I think they would make more money supporting the EQ of the past rather than developing the EQ of the future.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Where is Elidroth with the sweet deets on this god damnit.
Someone should PM him, so he gets an email notice. Maybe he'll come in here and respond.
smile.png

But I had heard the same thing a few years back, that they didn't have the old game anymore. Like it was just plain gone, and they won't ever have the resources to dedicate to trying to change everything about live to be "classic", so it's basically no hope.

Needless

Toe Sucker
C&D P1999 and tell them to hand over all their code. Cmon smedley make it happen~

Or, take them into daybreak and make it official.. somehow.. magically. Then fire them all after it's acquired.

---

Apparently they haven't even considered how long the seasonal server would go, if it were to win and be what the progression server is set to lol

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Someone should PM him, so he gets an email notice. Maybe he'll come in here and respond.
smile.png

But I had heard the same thing a few years back, that they didn't have the old game anymore. Like it was just plain gone, and they won't ever have the resources to dedicate to trying to change everything about live to be "classic", so it's basically no hope.
I feel like it was actually Elidroth that had told us this a few years back, although I could be misremembering.

Vitality

HUSTLE
smile.png

He's on in other threads, and pmed by quite a few people, He's probably blackboxing this topic for a while is my bet.

Dragoon_sl

shitlord
C&D P1999 and tell them to hand over all their code. Cmon smedley make it happen~

Or, take them into daybreak and make it official.. somehow.. magically. Then fire them all after it's acquired.

---

Apparently they haven't even considered how long the seasonal server would go, if it were to win and be what the progression server is set to lol
/thread

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
One of my new neighbors has a Delorean for sale right now actually - not sure the asking price however...
No worries. When you take it for a test drive before buying, go back in time and invest all your money in Apple. Asking price = covered.

Vaclav

No worries. When you take it for a test drive before buying, go back in time and invest all your money in Apple. Asking price = covered.
He's not been home to even try to sit in it =/ and I know it's more expensive than I'd even care to try so I've not called the number in the window. But I haven't seen any indication of a flux capacitor in any of the normal spots when I parked and peaked in the windows. (It's "neighbor" in a loose sense - about 8 min away on the only way I drive 98% of the time.

Vaclav

Back on topic: SOE-Mod-04 is a clueless asshole, just got suspended for "mentioning illegal servers" too many times. When I've only actually mentioned it once, other times I:
a) Mentioned emulating a Mac environment on a PC to use EQMac. Something that was actually promoted on the SOE forums in a stickied thread for Christ's sake.
b) Quoted a post REMOVING THE MENTION OF P99 that was in the original post to respond to some other points.

Dude needs to find a career outside of moderation.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Back on topic: SOE-Mod-04 is a clueless asshole, just got suspended for "mentioning illegal servers" too many times. When I've only actually mentioned it once, other times I:
a) Mentioned emulating a Mac environment on a PC to use EQMac. Something that was actually promoted on the SOE forums in a stickied thread for Christ's sake.
b) Quoted a post REMOVING THE MENTION OF P99 that was in the original post to respond to some other points.

Dude needs to find a career outside of moderation.
Yup... my thoughts exactly. I've had a few post removed in the last couple days from this idiot and he sends me a PM with a reason that doesn't apply in the slightest. Here is an example...

I would have played on EQmac if it wasn't such a pain to get on it at the time. No easy PC client and what serious gamer owns a mac
smile.png
Anyway, a locked server like that would be a fun side show, but could never be my main sandbox. All this is also assuming that the server was reverted in time like EQmac was. If they tried to do the same thing with the current game, it would not even be close to the same feel.
Reason for being removed?

You have recently posted a reply which violates forum guidelines. Your reply is discussing emulators, which is referred to in the forum guidelines in saying, "Promoting or linking to exploits, cheating programs, or any sort of illegal activity," Below is the contents of this removed reply:
The fuck?? I'm discussing a fucking SOE server you dipshit...

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Vaclav do you have another account to post under? We can't let these idiots continue with their shit posting
smile.png

Vaclav

Vaclav do you have another account to post under? We can't let these idiots continue with their shit posting
smile.png
Aszuthan is me - I'm having a slow roll though, not sure their IP rules - don't want an IP ban. Especially since I'm lobbying to get SOE-Mod-04 fired or moved into another position. I was pissed yesterday over case A) but B) (which happened the same time as the one you're quoting - you and Nolrog, yes, fucking Nolrog the person that used to be a volunteer mod back a couple years ago!) just pushed me over to the point I'm finding it hilarious from the absurdity of it.

I'm sure it's not 100% his fault though, but not doing conspiracy theorizing on the official boards - but I'm pretty sure Indigo and crew are spam reporting every post the effective dissenters like you, me and Hendar are making. [And pretty sure Hendar is suspended too with how quiet he went after I saw a post of his disappear]

Especially since if you noticed, every time Indigo posts there's immediately like 3 other posts almost every single time after s/he is done posting. I don't think it's a single person since the tone and posting styles change, but almost definitely seems like someone who's just like "I need to make sure my friends post - 555-867-5309 - Tommy, get your ass on and post too" with how no one supporting the status quo posts that much besides him/her and every single time there's like 2-3 "Yes Man" followups.

It's rather amusing if my theory is accurate (which I'm pretty sure it is) - since the only coordination I've done is with you - and our coordination hasn't been particularly extreme. Besides you - none of my friends outside of the SOE boards have gotten involved. [Well, I think I know Jezzie, she sounds like someone I remember - Jezzebel on Vulak - but she would't answer if it was her - but regardless only would know her, zero coordinated effort]

Not to mention they still have yet to propose ONE middle ground solution. Which while I won't be surprised if it shows up on the eventual "Contested Content Poll" (which Roshen strongly implied will happen once they know what they can do) - I think they'll have a harsh wake-up call about how many people vote for FFA like they want. [Not to mention, even if that option would win - I know a few people vindictive enough that without any GM involvement would make their lives hell until they quit]

Tim

Molten Core Raider
I wish this wasn't taking so long, and that they need to poll for a month is an absolute joke.

Truth is, they have no idea what they're doing, and they'd rather capitalize on the hype.

Vaclav

I wish this wasn't taking so long, and that they need to poll for a month is an absolute joke.

Truth is, they have no idea what they're doing, and they'd rather capitalize on the hype.
For Fippy they made the first mentions (like this) five months in advance, for Combine it was even longer. Precedent doesn't agree with you.