New Progression Server confirmed

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
We'll never be back to a true classic experience anyway. And I think we can all agree that while that experience was memorable, the classic experience no longer needs to include people who stay up later or level more SK's have the right to block you from ever experiencing content.

I really would down a large sum of money that if they announced raid(progression) content to be instanced, the playerbase of the server would be significantly larger. Maybe they should do one server where it is and one where it isn't....best of both worlds?

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Instance everything. You can spawn additional instances with a new currency. To earn this currency you upload pictures of yourself holding your character name up in public places like a grocery store or pro cuts. You want to lock down gatorscale sleeves for a week? You better poopsock yourself to the shampoo aisle first.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rangoth: My guess is the initial population wouldn't be impacted too substantially (as a pro-instancing person mind you) - but I think retention would be incredibly high.

Initial population really hasn't been an issue for TLPs thusfar though.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rangoth: My guess is the initial population wouldn't be impacted too substantially (as a pro-instancing person mind you) - but I think retention would be incredibly high.

Initial population really hasn't been an issue for TLPs thusfar though.
True, but I would argue if they did a side-by-side progression content instanced and regular the first would have the much higher population throughout the entire lifespan of the server.

You'd have a few hardcore guilds that want to dick wave on the non-instanced and almost everyone else would goto the first....

Vaclav

Right - I'd agree there (b/c of retention as already stated).

Plus you might even have a few dumbasses making bot raids to get extra instances adding extra profitability for Daybreak that barely play outside of raiding. (36 man raids = about $400/mo for each "bot raid")

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
So I'm in the middle of working on hateplane for TAKP emu, and I noticed magelo had some data on the old hateplane NPCs which were added in 2011. I'm guessing the Vulak server had the old hate NPCs put in hateplaneb for the earlier expacs.

Does anybody who played on Vulak have any hateplane logs they might be willing to share? The newer clients have spell damage visible to other players, so if the logger had their filters off, I could parse some accurate NPC max hp values.

Vaclav

The devs on the EQ stream announced the server will be implemented this "Summer".
"Targeting summer" to quote her completely from there.

Clarified later on the forums to ideally be "Early Summer".

She did mention some potential pitfalls to getting it out on that timetable though - so don't take "Summer" as an absolute right now, but it's definitely what she considers ideal.

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
"Targeting summer" to quote her completely from there.

Clarified later on the forums to ideally be "Early Summer".

She did mention some potential pitfalls to getting it out on that timetable though - so don't take "Summer" as an absolute right now, but it's definitely what she considers ideal.
She say anything else about the server?

Vaclav

She's heavily implied (as has Roshen) that more polls are coming. [likely one on "how to deal with competition drama"]

Crone

If I don't have an active sub, can I still vote on these polls? I guess the game is FTP, so just download the game, and login on any server?

Vaclav

If I don't have an active sub, can I still vote on these polls? I guess the game is FTP, so just download the game, and login on any server?
Any character that was created before the poll will have access to it. So if you roll a new character you won't have any polls (unless there's a trick to get them on new ones I'm unaware of) - but if you log onto one created before Feb 15th or whatever you'll get the Feb poll.

FTP or not doesn't matter for voting.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Any character that was created before the poll will have access to it. So if you roll a new character you won't have any polls (unless there's a trick to get them on new ones I'm unaware of) - but if you log onto one created before Feb 15th or whatever you'll get the Feb poll.

FTP or not doesn't matter for voting.
Has to be at least a silver account I believe. My ftp accounts with old characters could not see the poll.

Vaclav

Has to be at least a silver account I believe. My ftp accounts with old characters could not see the poll.
Ah interesting - guess all my accounts are at least silver. I thought I'd read they ditched non-silver at this point that it was only Silver or Gold no bronze.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ah interesting - guess all my accounts are at least silver. I thought I'd read they ditched non-silver at this point that it was only Silver or Gold no bronze.
My understanding is that there is Premium or FTP. Bronze, silver and gold are all done away with. However, if you were a paid customer by some date, your account was made silver forever or you could pay 5 dollars to become silver. This is no longer an option as there is only FTP and premium now. I happened to have eight accounts that are flagged silver. I did learn something though, in order to vote in polls, you not only need a silver+ account, but you also need a character made on that account prior to the poll going up. For me, one of my eight accounts had no characters on it so it could not vote, I had to log into a server where there was an older character.

(Not to mention my impression the VZ/TZ had terrible drama from their forums)
If you're refering to the emu server, yes it was an absolute cesspit on a server rife with staff corruption, just like P99. If you're referring to the live server, allow me to assure you that the community on Vallon Zek was like nothing I expect to ever experience again. It was the best time I ever had in a game.

Bonus points if you can identify the gender of the Asian.
Holy shit! Time for Asian androgeny!

What you need for a successful reset server is two servers. Run server 1 until progression run is completed, open server 2 and restart a fresh progression server. When server 2 has run its course, migrate the player base to server 1, then reset server 2 as a fresh progression server. You can do this infinitely. You always have a new progression server around the corner, and you never lose any of your characters because they simply migrate to server 1.
This is an extremely elegant solution. I hope you find a way to bring it to Daybreak's attention.

Please explain what the point of playing after that would be? Or do you want Limited Progression, because you wouldn't play after that, so F the rest of the expansions?
Yes. I don't suggest that you ought to be forced to play that way, but that is the ethos of basically the entire P99 audience. How else do you think they would have put up with four years of Kunark if it wasn't understood that Velious was the end game?

That will never happen as much as people want it to, it's just way too much work for virtually no outcome. The EQ1 team is like.. what.. 6 people? maybe?
I got banned on Reddit for trying toexplainthis.

C&D P1999 and tell them to hand over all their code. Cmon smedley make it happen~
LOL I also got banned on P99 forums for speculating that Derubael was removed as GM for selling name changes to RMTers.

Secrets, I believe you came into Savage Wolves vent and helped my bro Bandius/Matt set up an emu server before P99 announced its PvP server. We were thinking about trying to build our own server to fill the void VZ/TZ left. Of course we were in over our heads, and once P99 said they were doing a server we immediately dropped it. Nevertheless, if I'm right and that's you, thanks for the assist.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
If you're refering to the emu server, yes it was an absolute cesspit on a server rife with staff corruption, just like P99. If you're referring to the live server, allow me to assure you that the community on Vallon Zek was like nothing I expect to ever experience again. It was the best time I ever had in a game.
word.

Crone

Yes. I don't suggest that you ought to be forced to play that way, but that is the ethos of basically the entire P99 audience. How else do you think they would have put up with four years of Kunark if it wasn't understood that Velious was the end game?
Ok, but on a progression server where the expansions are just 3 months apart, so within 9 months, we have Velious, or over a year, and we get to PoP, and then it just stops? Granted, it wouldn't stop me from playing, but I don't understand how people have played Kunark for 4 years. That just seems insane to me, but to each their own.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Most p99 users haven't been playing for 4 years. I was one of the first 60s there, and I quit 4 months after Kunark launched. I came back for brief periods and re-quit. P99 gets a continuous stream of new players who finally give in and try out what they had long thought couldn't be a good enough experience and then get pleasantly surprised, I'm sure. I'm guessing Velious launch will make the CCU explode.

I also think a lot of EQ haters can't comprehend that a game doesn't have to require 100% of your focus. I don't care if a camp requires 2 minutes of my attention every half hour because I do other things in those 28 minutes, including playing other games. It doesn't make me hate EQ, it doesn't make EQ a bad game.