New Progression Server confirmed

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I also think a lot of EQ haters can't comprehend that a game doesn't have to require 100% of your focus. I don't care if a camp requires 2 minutes of my attention every half hour because I do other things in those 28 minutes, including playing other games. It doesn't make me hate EQ, it doesn't make EQ a bad game.
I don't hate it, but it does make it a "bad" game. It's been said before but EQ was basically our facebook back in the day. A social platform where I also killed dragons and shit. I don't think a game needs to be a button spam fest like some asian twitch dance dance revolution, but eq was slow as shit. It's a bit better now with all the clickies and combat skills, almost to the point of annoying, but back in the day it was boring unless you were one of a handful of classes.

Part of me does miss the fact that I would play in the background though while I watched a movie, did homework, or solved the mysteries of the universe.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The staff corruption is what really keeps me from getting very invested in P99. I realize I am a minority but I'm not going to spend a couple hundred hours on something that can be lost for what amounts to no reason.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
The staff corruption is what really keeps me from getting very invested in P99. I realize I am a minority but I'm not going to spend a couple hundred hours on something that can be lost for what amounts to no reason.
Much like the real world, if you keep to yourself and don't get involved in politics you have nothing to fear.

You'll also be much more poor and not have all the equipment in the world, but at least you're able to play.

Got my Bard to 53 today, aww yiss

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Except there have been many examples that show that's just not true Secrets. Its just not acceptable to me.

Irbax_Smoo_sl

shitlord
/blame Frenzic and Vaclav

I'll be playing on TLP 3.0 and in whatever form they release it as.

Lots of room for improvement, but I don't see too much getting changed or fixed by summer.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fucking trash. I bet Blizzard will make a classic WoW server before Daybreak makes a Classic Everquest server.
Classic Locked is a stupid ruleset - without making a whole tiered thing. Most people will disagree when to end it, so the only "ending" that would work would be voluntarily transferring to the next of a tier. And that's hardware heavy with plenty of risks.

Amenra

Molten Core Raider
Classic Locked is a stupid ruleset - without making a whole tiered thing. Most people will disagree when to end it, so the only "ending" that would work would be voluntarily transferring to the next of a tier. And that's hardware heavy with plenty of risks.
The 1500 people that play P99 at peak seem to disagree.

Back to P99 it is then I guess.

Crone

Full on in. It's gonna get booorrrriiinnnggg waiting that long for the next expansions, but I suppose all the filthy pleb casuals will have time to farm stuff? Who knows.

Siddar

Daybreak wants one more chance to prove that GoD will kill a EQ servers population when released.

Brain dead corporatism still lives at Daybreak.

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just asking, but which instance of recent staff corruption are we talking about? Genuinely don't know about any specific instances with current staff.