New Progression Server confirmed

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I hope when Kunark comes out Iksars are pre-loaded with "check your privilege" and "lizard lives matter" macros

nate_sl

shitlord
I have a feeling they know the number of people being denied log in and realize that a second server will likely not eliminate the problem. The real problem is the server cap - having a server cap only incentives people keeping their AFK characters logged in. If they added the number of servers necessary to serve this initial rush, they probably fear having a bunch of ghost town servers in 2 months.

Unfortunately I think this is only a precursor to more serious issues, like having enough high end content to support ~50 people and having a server that will likely see everyone bolt for the level cap. They need to really rethink their stance on instancing or open up a lot more servers. I think this server is going to require instanced versions of Guk and Sol B, and likely the planes as well.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
People want to give you money. People want to get 2 or 3 or even 6 accounts. Those are great problems to have.

Stop trying to turn this silk purse back into a sow's ear. Release a second server. At least announce there will be one in a few days so if people can't log on they feel like it's no big deal because they'll want to start fresh on the new one anyway.

Shit is not hard.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
, they probably fear having a bunch of ghost town servers in 2 months.
So? Why would they give a shit? At $15 per buy-in, what do they care if you only have 3 people to play with in 6 months. At that point, they will be walking all the way to the bank with money hats on. Artificially limiting the server does them no good, except for turning away potential revenue/customers. If it lasts much past this weekend (a time when a lot of people have extra days off), most people aren't going to care any longer. Of those that do, many of them will turn to free alternatives like P99.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Even if they boot all the AFK people I doubt anything changes. Such a waste of time for them to be dumping all their resources into that shit right now.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I have been doing a bunch of research in preparation for this, catching up and filling in holes where my memory is hazy. If I don't get to play this weekend, I'm going to be pretty buttmad, bros.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How did they not think there would be this much demand? Can't they just add more hardware and more instances and scale like that? Keep 1 server just more instances?

nate_sl

shitlord
If there is much more demand for this product than their Live product, maybe they should pull their heads out of their asses and focus on delivering what people want.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That means they would have to admit that all the shit they have come up with for the past few years is exactly that, shit.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I wish Blizzard would admit it too - good thing there are good classic Emulators for both EQ and WoW at this point.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Decided to reroll, was told heirloom items could go into the shared bank, so tried that ragefire founder chest but nope. says its no trade and "non heirloom"