New Progression Server confirmed

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'll probably stay on Ragefire and transfer over once they open up transfers. No desire to poopsock it and be downing Nag/Vox within the first week anyways so no real reason to start over.

Stosh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Have they said anything else about server merge/transfer options for when the population dies out? I'd rather not be stuck on a dead server ala Vulak come Kunark time.
There was no population issue on Vulak until Luclin. Even in Luclin there was still training going on to claim the best AA grinding spots. Which should surprise nobody, since Kunark and Velious are the "golden age" expansions. Luclin and AAs start to weed out people and the job gets finished once PoP is done.

Not to mention that Damdor demoralized the server by racing to unneeded bosses just to spite others.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
If you guys are gonna run groups on opening day I might actually come check it out and play with you guys there

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Even if TL is staying on Ragefire officially as a guild, that's not going to prevent a few motivated individuals (who could be from any guild) from creating three mage groups and owning Lockjaw for a period of time.

There's no reason not to, as once you have a 50 on Ragefire what else is there going to be to do for six months? If you're gonna mage farm one server for six months, why not two? Naggy and Vox loot is going to have value at least until Velious.
I'm aware - just answering conspiracy theories about that specific - nature abhors a vaccuum there will be someone there, just not TL.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Anyone want my account with my 22 nec on it I guess? Only character on it, on Ragefire. No reason letting it go to waste if I'm gonna roll on lockjaw.

edit: it has gear even, fbr, marnek, runed circle, grass bracelet, etc.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Anyone want my account with my 22 nec on it I guess? Only character on it, on Ragefire. No reason letting it go to waste if I'm gonna roll on lockjaw.

edit: it has gear even, fbr, marnek, runed circle, grass bracelet, etc.
I plan on transferring my mage over when that becomes available (he's my EC alt anyways).

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hmm if they open transfers up it may be worth keeping then, but makes it kinda silly to roll necro again on lockjaw.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Been awhile since I played EQ, can anyone give me a breakdown on the tanks in this period? Pallys still more def oriented and Sks more offence? Warriors still relying on procs for agro? I ain't expecting to raid tank or anything, just grouping.

Vaclav

Ranger is probably the best grouping tank for a good while to be honest - cheapest aggro spells, plenty of HP/AC with recent changes, good DPS, some ability to self heal.

Word

Been awhile since I played EQ, can anyone give me a breakdown on the tanks in this period? Pallys still more def oriented and Sks more offence? Warriors still relying on procs for agro? I ain't expecting to raid tank or anything, just grouping.
Pally > SK > Warrior.

Go Pally unless you want FD, then go SK. Since you don't plan on tanking for raids, do not choose warrior.

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Can't you just put in the melee aug that has the stun component? All the threat you need.

Word

rrr_img_98501.png

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Hahah. TR room in CB is hilarious. When I was LFG in CB, I would just sit in there and watch the entertainment.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
I'm currently running pally: root, heals, paci, LoH, stuns, and hp/ac buffs seems pretty powerful, esp in a small group. Was just wondering if I was overlooking anything.

Vaclav

I'm currently running pally: root, heals, paci, LoH, stuns, and hp/ac buffs seems pretty powerful, esp in a small group. Was just wondering if I was overlooking anything.
I'm not kidding when I suggest ranger - seriously if you doubt me, roll one up on Test or something and play it with appropriate gear only - they're damn solid man.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Depends on what you value most in your tank.

Tank Breakdown:
DPS- Ranger, Warrior, SK, Paladin
Tanking/Agro- Paladin, Ranger, SK, Warrior
Pulling- Paladin, SK, Ranger, Warrior
Utility- Paladin, Ranger, SK, Warrior
Downtime(least to most)- Warrior, Ranger, SK, Paladin

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm very tempted to roll a tank on Lockjaw, but the idea of playing a melee class in classic is just....ugh.