New Progression Server confirmed

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I did Lguk BR from 27 to 36 this weekend. Exp was great, never had an issue keeping group full.

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
So I fucked up and thought Alliance was a level 1 enchanter spell. I made a Agnostic DE to do the stein of moggok quest for my Mage. I did all the running around (got level 2 for human illusion) and got the barkeep manual but the Ogre dude won't take it
frown.png
. Is there a way to do the quest at level 2 as a different race/diety combo or do you have to get level 8 for Alliance?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Benevolence is level 8 - alliance is like 20+

But yeah you need the amiable faction buff to do the moggok quest at that low of a level.

Probably just faster farming 50 greater lightstones in Nektulos and paying some guy 150p for one in EC while leveling.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Benevolence is level 8 - alliance is like 20+

But yeah you need the amiable faction buff to do the moggok quest at that low of a level.

Probably just faster farming 50 greater lightstones in Nektulos and paying some guy 150p for one in EC while leveling.
You mixed those up. Alliance is level 8, Benevolence is 20ish. And no, it's impossible to do Stein before a minimum of level 8 on a Dark Elf and level 12ish on other races. You need Illusion Dark Elf and Alliance minimum, unless you camp Clurg faction. You need high Indifferent to do the turn in. You can get straight up Clurg faction killing a Dwarf in mino caves, which I had to do Prog 1 because Alliance was broken, but obviously that's a hassle now that it works and only really necessary for non Enchanters.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shame Rod of Insidious Glamour has a lvl30 req on it to cast, otherwise borrowing one would have got the job done.

Vitality

HUSTLE
You mixed those up. Alliance is level 8, Benevolence is 20ish. And no, it's impossible to do Stein before a minimum of level 8 on a Dark Elf and level 12ish on other races. You need Illusion Dark Elf and Alliance minimum, unless you camp Clurg faction. You need high Indifferent to do the turn in. You can get straight up Clurg faction killing a Dwarf in mino caves, which I had to do Prog 1 because Alliance was broken, but obviously that's a hassle now that it works and only really necessary for non Enchanters.
Oh Right, yeah I didn't do the quest I just paid for it then gave it away when I got my cha items.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
It's pretty awesome that running to turn in a Stein now = instant Crude Stein because there are always 3-4 on corpses in Oggok... just like I remember, that was a real nostalgia hit right there. I am glad that camp is still good, unlike most guards in the game.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Really? I didn't know CT could support low 20's. Might have to check it out.
I have 3 characters I've done CT with 22-28ish doing the gator pools under the zone in where the steel golem spawns. Shit for loot but the xp is nuts.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I was thinking about EQ mysteries earlier because I randomly got a memory of hailing Tazgar on my Wizard in 1999 and losing Solro Temple faction and wondered if it still happened. So I started looking at shit and thinking about all the old mysteries and the stat that Verant once gave about 50% of quests in EQ being unsolved. God I started thinking of some amazing memories. No MMO will ever have that again, simply because of the way information and communication and the games themselves have changed. Anyways, never played P99, but found this pretty good thread for those that love the nostalgia and the old mysteries.

Great EQ Mysteries - Project 1999

I remember a big mystery for me was Miragul and Mistmoore and then Wiz epic when Kunark was very early and still unsolved. People would spend hours sitting in every zone they could conceive of being related to their class, hoping some super rare spawn would pop up and be related to their epic. I remember sitting in Erudin near the caster's guilds hoping for something for a good 12 hours, lolol. I also remember exping in Kedge before it had a loot table, and that was insane, it felt so elite, particularly since I was only 42ish in a group of 48-50's. Another good one is the Artifact from West Karana GM event that was a Breastplate that had +15 Regen on it during classic, omfg, insane. Then there was Plane of Mischief. I helped discover a few Necro quest pieces there when during a Vulak raid, I knew things were going south and I was burnt out, so I zoned over before I died and went /anon for 6 weeks and duod with a Nec friend.

Also I remember on Friday nights, my RL friends and I would go do challenging shit just for the fun of it. We didn't care about loot, even though we were all in top 3 guilds on Veeshan, we just had a ton of fun doing the most challenging thing we could. We were a motley crew, BRD/RNG/PAL/PAL, yet we managed to do some insanely cool shit. Or BRD/PAL duoing in fear. God, being a good BRD was so OP back then. I can't say that in modern MMO's, who would spend all night dying and losing exp just to kill something that had no reward, just for the challenge? Dunno, I guess people do it to some extent, but it's not nearly the same. I remember when we got to the 5th island in PoSky that was pretty much the pinnacle of our abilities and it was a pretty insane feat at the time, for a mere 4 of us in Velious. Another thing I did solo, first for the challenge and then for the insanely OP loot, was soloing in PoGrowth in Velious. It was only possible with a Singing Steel Breastplate because 98% summoned and you needed to do heal breaks in between summons and chants. Back then literally every other mob dropped a 120 plat gem, made a ridiculous amount of plat...it was eventually nerfed tho. At the time nobody believed it was possible (maybe a Nec could do it, but not nearly as effective as it was as a good Brd). God I miss old EQ/being 13-16.

Is this thread archived?http://www.fohguild.org/forums/mmorp...ts-rumors.html

Btw, why isn't anyone farming the DE's in Kith? Can probably get RBG's, despite them only first dropping in Seb.

Also, out of curiosity, did anyone ever do this on Prog 1 or Prog 2 during Kunark?Investigate a disappearance :: Quests :: EverQuest :: ZAM

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Thought I'd roll a mage and see what all the fuss is about, holy hell, it's nuts. Is there a pet type I should use over the others, or just got for the highest level one?

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thought I'd roll a mage and see what all the fuss is about, holy hell, it's nuts. Is there a pet type I should use over the others, or just got for the highest level one?
Air - One of the preferred solo pets, particularly after level 50, the air pet is perhaps the most well rounded of the pets. It has the second highest HP and AC, the best avoidance, and ranks 3rd for DPS among the pets. It also has a stun spell with a damage component to help it (or whoever) tank.

Earth - Also a good solo pet, the earth pet has the highest HP and AC of any of the pets. However it is also the lowest DPS pet, making it better suited to tanking mobs while the mage and others burn down the target. It also casts a short duration root spell, making it helpful to stop fleeing mobs from aggroing friends.

Water - The highest DPS pet when fully buffed, water is usually the preferred group or raid pet. It doesn't hit quite as hard as the air pet, but it more than makes up for that shortcoming with the ability to backstab mobs. It also casts an ice based nuke.

Fire - The physically weakest of the pets, the fire pet is a caster pet that nukes mobs from afar. Overall it is the second highest DPS, but is the best "out of the box" DPS pet unbuffed. After level 51 instead of running to the mob and meleeing like other pets the fire pet will remain stationary and fling nukes at the target. Because it is immediately useful after summoning and doesn't need to move to its target to do damage, fire pets are often seen on raids during trash clearing or after the mage is rezzed back in. Before level 51 it is also well liked because it casts a powerful damage shield on itself.