New Progression Server confirmed

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
July 13th oh baby.
Those are probably the Ragefire dates - Lockjaw had different dates listed.

Sept 20th I know for the 3 month option (since that's the one that I feel is most sensible) for LJ. [unless maybe he's quoting vote opening dates vs. vote closing dates AKA expac opening]

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Vote just went up for Kunark to open as soon, options: ASAP (July 13th)
3 Months (Sept. 6th)
6 months (Nov. 21st)
Prediction: 3 months gets announced as winner, Daybreak never actually releases the poll results.
smile.png

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
3 months is the obvious answer, not even sure why they are having a vote. People are stupid and don't actually know what they want.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Gives each server the chance to pick something different, and enough time for people to switch based on that perhaps.

Crone

Voted for September. I'm a pleb casual and I'm not even level 40 yet, so I want some more time!

Also, for those running enchanters, what do you do to use up there mana in groups? Nuke a few times here and there?

Seems I either go out of mana constantly, or I have too much and sit full mana a lot. Granted this is a box enchanter and I'm not paying super close attention.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Just got my robe of the lost circle on Ragefire, lemme know if you need any info on that turrible camp

Zaide

TLP Idealist
What we need is a confirmation from daybreak that if 500 people vote for six months and then four hundred vote for asap and another 400 vote for 3 months that we do not see six months win.
It's one of those absurd but frighteningly possible scenarios.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Any decent guilds on Ragefire? My friend and I might be in the market (mid/upper 30's pally and shaman).

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If Daybreak was smart, they wouldn't even have 6 months as an option. And I mean smart, from a purely greedy money grubbing corporation standpoint.

You have a product that people want to consume, as long as there is content to consume, and the wonderful thing about EQ is the endless supply of expansions and content. The only way you stop the money train is stalling and turning your servers into ghost towns.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
What we need is a confirmation from daybreak that if 500 people vote for six months and then four hundred vote for asap and another 400 vote for 3 months that we do not see six months win.
It's one of those absurd but frighteningly possible scenarios.
It's different for everyone. Kunark does give people the added race and more space for everyone but it doesn't help solve the issues people who want six months already have. No matter where the plebs go there will be someone camping any loot of note and kunark doesn't do anything to fix that. Theres really no reason for anyone but dragon killing guilds to vote for kunark unless they just have to have their iksar necro.

Malt_sl

shitlord
I honestly doubt this vote is anything but the illusion of choice. Daybreak wants to make money and they have the data from previous runs to know what causes a server to stall out. I don't know why any large company would leave something like this up to the players.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Trying to be like Vit when I grow up.
rrr_img_100883.jpg

Also debating on leveling a Warrior (I hate myself)... Personal recommendations on what to box with it (one other class)? Also any new tricks to PL'ing with a Mage, think I remember seeing something mentioned about Reclaim Energy or something?

Crone

Reclaim energy I think is because it would then wipe all the damage done by mage pet, so your PL'ee could finish it off for full exp, preferably while running. I feel that's tedious as all hell. I'd rather just duo a cleric with the Warrior, twink the shit outta the Warrior, and level a few more mages up with the Warrior along the way. Easy as shit.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Warrior is one of those classes that doesn't bring much to a duo... so I would say your best bet is a shaman since they work well with any melee really.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Also debating on leveling a Warrior (I hate myself)... Personal recommendations on what to box with it (one other class)? Also any new tricks to PL'ing with a Mage, think I remember seeing something mentioned about Reclaim Energy or something?
Don't do it. Just don't. Roll something besides a Warrior.

Seriously though, with PLing I'd say your best option is to get a high level Cleric, throw on your best mage/druid DS and have the cleric run around aggroing everything in the zone, then just keep yourself healed while the DS works the mobs down. One person in your group needs to ae or otherwise tag each mob once and you'll get all the experience.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Reclaim energy I think is because it would then wipe all the damage done by mage pet, so your PL'ee could finish it off for full exp, preferably while running. I feel that's tedious as all hell. I'd rather just duo a cleric with the Warrior, twink the shit outta the Warrior, and level a few more mages up with the Warrior along the way. Easy as shit.
I haven't tried on Lockjaw, but killing the pet used to consider all previous pet damage as neutral. Reclaim energy would require pretty good timing though. There used to be (probably still is) a /pet get lost command or something like that that was instant.

Mage power leveling was always underrated, especially in terms of speed and safety.

Edit: Damage shields also used to be neutral damage. So if you sit down and guarantee the mob hits you (and triggers damage shield), as long as the noob did one point of damage he'd get the credit for the kill if the rest of the damage was done by the DS.