New Progression Server confirmed

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I two box but I don't really enjoy it. It's nice from a buffing and travel aspect. I would not have a problem if they changed that but people will lose their minds over it. It's really no different than P99 which has no boxing allowed.

Antilles

Idiot Savaunt
E3 2015: Holly Longdale on the EverQuest franchises progression servers | Massively Overpowered

If this article is actually legit (the writer must be in the third grade) and more specifically the portion about limiting instances of EQ to one per machine, it will be the end of my EQ career.
"Players who want a set ofcobaltarmor when they reach level 40 will have to get it made!". Err, what?
confused.png

I'm sure they meant to say Crafted, which is still funny given we all know it isn't player crafted. So really... did this person ever play the damn game?

Thrawnseg_sl

shitlord
How much of a lead time do you even have to give people for that change? 1-2 months? That's not something you can spring on the population. Krono value drops so much if they limit it also.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Plus you have people that might have taken a 6-12 month sub on X number of accounts. They better be ready to offer refunds.

(I don't see them accepting a monetary loss)

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
No way they limit boxing to one machine, or limit Krono's. That directly affects their pocket books.

And no way does the author of that article actually play EQ, are any of their writers any decent at MMOs really? lol

Ps. Also at the point now with the TLP where I would be completely ok with instancing. I don't quite wanna put in the time to be in a legitimate current raid guild, and after hitting 50 there is only so many low level alts you can gear the hell out of before the game. I know some people are against the instancing idea (and in immediate theory I was as well), but I would love to in some fashion be in a guild and hop on two days a week and kill shit.

Interested to see what happens either way.

Eonan

Doer of Things
They either need to limit the boxes to one per machine or get off their retarded stance that instancing would remove the strategy blah blah. Atleast without boxes you would need to coordinate a raid to clear some of this stuff.
There is literally zero strategy involved in any EQ Raid encounter until you hit Velious at best.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just thinking about the wording of "1 per machine". There are easy work arounds for this, if it is simply a client side software implementation. The only real way to enforce this is 1 per IP. Of course, then they run into the issues with multi-player households. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out (if at all true).

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Just thinking about the wording of "1 per machine". There are easy work arounds for this, if it is simply a client side software implementation. The only real way to enforce this is 1 per IP. Of course, then they run into the issues with multi-player households. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out (if at all true).
Adds a lot of risk to the equation for the botter tho, its incredibly obvious and if its suddently against the rules you would see a big drop in boxing.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i'm saying this for completely selfish reasons, but if they limit connections per machine they should limit it 2 instead of 1. =p people two boxing doesn't really break much (no one will be two-box soloing raid mobs in current content). i've gotten to the point where i can barely stand to play EQ unless i 2 box. i don't use boxing software though, just alt-tab like a boss. if i couldn't two box anymore i'd probably just go back to some Emu server.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
It ruins the communal aspect when you box though.

Daybreak needs to make a legit P99 server with TLP. (No kronos, no boxing).

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Holly's comments on the DBG forums about 1 per account:

Context is everything. What I said was that given the negative reaction to 6-boxers (botters are obviously bad), we were curious if the community would be interested in a new server that would have "No Boxing" rules and be limited to one client per hardware box. So any boxing on those servers would be more akin to old-school "keyboards in the lap" style.

We won't be changing code or doing anything to affect the servers that are now live given we didn't state those rules at the outset. I hope that helps allay concerns.
Sounds like they may plan for another server in the future.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
they've also talked about doing a time-locked Planes of Power server. i do really enjoy two boxing, but a single-box only PoP locked server could be pretty interesting.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
was a fun run boys, but no kunark until december is the death toll for lockjaw indeed

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
they've also talked about doing a time-locked Planes of Power server. i do really enjoy two boxing, but a single-box only PoP locked server could be pretty interesting.
I'd be all over that. Single account TLP it up to PoP, then halt forever.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
403 Forbiddenfor the lazy.

We had a fantastic response to these polls. We'd like to thank all of you for participating. It's obvious that there are a lot of you with passionate feelings on each side.

On both servers, the 6 month option got the most votes by far, meaning a very large percentage of you like things as they are and want to continue on that path. Ragefire's second choice was to unlock Kunark ASAP, but Lockjaw's second choice was to unlock Kunark after 3 months.

When combining the 3-month and ASAP option, though, a slight majority of players on both servers voted for Kunark to come sooner than it would under the original rules.

Changes Coming in the Near Future

With such a significant portion of the active players on these servers voting to keep progression slow, we will not be changing both servers. We plan to keep Lockjaw on the six month schedule that was originally voted for by the populace at large.

For the other half of players, however, we are going to decrease the wait for Ragefire to vote to unlock Kunark from 6 months to 3 months. The voting period for Kunark will thus become available on August 23rd and end on September 6th.

We realize this is a huge change, so we are investigating free transfers between Ragefire and Lockjaw for a period of time coming up soon. We're working out details for how long and when, but there will be no transfers allowed after the servers de-synchronize.

The Shape of Progression to Come

We're going to keep watching both servers once transfers end and you start forging your own paths. As time passes we trust both communities to keep us abreast of the issues you're encountering and we'll do what we can to address them.

We've made a first step in our changes to raid targets. It will take a while for you to explore the changes and we'll watch to see if they change behavior or not. If we don't like how things shake out we'll try other options in the future.

Once Ragefire is settled into Kunark we'll have to explore whether they want to return to the 6-month schedule or adjust it to a faster track. Likewise, although Lockjaw will hopefully be full of people who want to stick around in an era for a long time, we'll check to make sure that remains the case as time goes by.

Finally, we'd like to thank you all for your support. We're still delighted by the level of enthusiasm you all have and we're excited to see where these servers go in the future.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I love the bit where they say both servers had a majority vote for some form of early unlock, yet lockjaw still gets 6 months.