New Progression Server confirmed

Zithax

Molten Core Raider
Lawwddd its going to make my max hit go from 340 to 453 now, RIP Wizards.
I'm mad as fuck

@Vaclav 'real instancing'? I don't see anything that makes me think it will be any different than the load balancing system they currently have in place.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
A) Shes almost always referred to TLP stuff as load balancing.
B) Context to the Tweet she was responding to... He was saying boxing and anti-instancing ruined RF/LJ would seem weird to bother mentioning the same hallf-assed instancing.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Damage bonus is calculated on minimum hit, not maximum... right?
When your attack delay is up, you roll for a hit. If you do hit, you roll for your damage. Your damage is a minimum 1+damage bonus, and a maximum your max hit with the damage of your weapon+damage bonus.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Why is it so god damn hard to buy a jade mace, or any decent 1h monk weapon that isnt a KD lol

Havent even seen one in EC for sale for ~2 days now. Gat damn!

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm mad as fuck

@Vaclav 'real instancing'? I don't see anything that makes me think it will be any different than the load balancing system they currently have in place.
Dont worry it looks like a trash buff on test, weapons I'm looking at barely have any increase.

Crone

Burned out quick at lunch but friend of mine and I want to come back. Caught up on the last 2 months of posts. Damn, there's been some shit.

Right before I left I had bought some Kronos cheap, so I think I at least played that one well.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So just to summarize: The "no box" server is actually going to be a "no ISBoxer" server, but you can wade through the alt-tabbing shit storm if you really wanna box that badly? And we are getting instancing?

Also any word on a more specific time frame for release? Cashed out from Ragefire a couple months ago, not gonna lie kinda ready to get back at it.

Titan_sl

shitlord
Holly just confirmed via twitter. Will be "REAL" instancing. '

Holly_sl said:
Holly Longdale @TheWindstalker
@Felagin actual instancing assuming we get the time. Without auto-boxing we expect the population to be more manageable.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
For people like me who do not actually play but always have the fond EQ heart....

When they talk about instancing what do they mean? Spawning new instance after X players enter a zone, raid things instanced, dungeons instanced? What's the deal?

It is kind of funny that this rotation/spawn time thing has been a huge fail on all of their progression servers and it was brought up again this time in discussions at the start of this thread. Now they are finally going to cave in!

Zaide

TLP Idealist
For people like me who do not actually play but always have the fond EQ heart....

When they talk about instancing what do they mean? Spawning new instance after X players enter a zone, raid things instanced, dungeons instanced? What's the deal?

It is kind of funny that this rotation/spawn time thing has been a huge fail on all of their progression servers and it was brought up again this time in discussions at the start of this thread. Now they are finally going to cave in!
So far we've only seen the "spawn second, third etc zones once each current version has X number of players" which doesn't really change the old EQ feel, it just hides the fact that there's actually 450 people in solb. It looks like Holly is talking about full on WoW-esque instancing though.

Vaclav

So I guess I did read that correctly, hahaha....

Wonder how much is going to be symbiotic with Live (Like the Fear/Hate announcement) - could finally be that Live and TLP won't be at each others throats over one getting resources from the other and vice versa if that's how most of them are planned. [I'd hope most would be, as I was at least one of the people that gave PrathunEQ a nudge about the concept of doing it symbiotically - more for Live and TLP at the same time just seems like the most efficient use of energy after all]

I was so ready to even give No-Box a complete pass too thinking the odds were low. Jesus Christ man. I'm sure they'll find some way to foul something up, but I can't imagine it's going to be major at this point if they check off the boxes they're trying to get ready for it.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I wonder, will there still be open world raid mobs in addition to the instanced versions? People on the TLP forums were saying even if they added instances they'd insist on rotating the world spawns too.

Vaclav

I wonder, will there still be open world raid mobs in addition to the instanced versions? People on the TLP forums were saying even if they added instances they'd insist on rotating the world spawns too.
I imagine there will be - once the Live expansion goes into Beta that question should be answered. (I'd personally say completely F rotations should it be that way myself - paperwork is a waste of time at that point unless the instances are SUPER slow reset)

Agraza

Registered Hutt
How are the raid instances going to be timered? Expedition system lockouts? I would give no fucks about contested spawns if I had access to weekly instanced spawns.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
This TLP no box might be the biggest RMT draw for the people who farm krono since P99 if they go that route.

Vaclav

How are the raid instances going to be timered? Expedition system lockouts? I would give no fucks about contested spawns if I had access to weekly instanced spawns.
That's the only way I can see the term "REAL INSTANCING" like she followed up with a clarification meaning, yea.

And same - even biweekly I don't think I'd care personally (since the pace me and my friends tend to want to do would be 3 days of 2-3 hrs raiding a week - even in Classic there's enough for three days of light raiding easily [remember everything in instances = no skipping clears so Naggy and Vox should be a solid hour each, CT a few hours, Sky 3-4 hrs, Inny quick as hell unless they tweak him] - assuming Yael and Phinny aren't included and Sky isn't quicker than the rest biweekly we might skip an occasional day with 2 week instances, but only a few and come Kunark that would be a non-issue entirely)

Vaclav

This TLP no box might be the biggest RMT draw for the people who farm krono since P99 if they go that route.
Seems like bad math to me - more access to content = less sales generally. And higher threshold to mass boxing to lockdown item/gold farms to translate into kronos. [Not to mention those that are interested in moving over there probably have a larger than average number of "anti-Krono" folks amongst them - even though I'm sure they'd be allowed, the community likely would be less accepting of Krono traders]

But we'll see, no doubt some folks will try.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
A "no-ISboxer" server would've interested me when all this kicked off, but after seeing the shitshow that was TLP 3.0, I can't be bothered to care. It was extremely fun to be "back" in EQ after over a decade, but when it just became some random dude's custom rules server, I quickly lost interest.

Oh, well. I'm sure I'll need another nostalgia fix again in another 5 or so years.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Seems like bad math to me - more access to content = less sales generally. And higher threshold to mass boxing to lockdown item/gold farms to translate into kronos. [Not to mention those that are interested in moving over there probably have a larger than average number of "anti-Krono" folks amongst them - even though I'm sure they'd be allowed, the community likely would be less accepting of Krono traders]

But we'll see, no doubt some folks will try.
I can tell you with 100% certainty that a lot of the big boxers on Ragefire have been discussing their plans to farm on the no box server and how they plan on using multiple machines since the day it was announced. Kind of odd you think that the server is going to be some white knights paradise where no boxers play and where Krono are shunned, people are discussing exactly the opposite.

Not to mention DBGs track record with the shit show of promises like Zaide listed that DBG flopped on completely.