New Progression Server confirmed

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Made a ranger called Glazur. Hit me up, nukkas.

Had to use some SC to change weapon looks. Holy mother of god the new club and whip looks are hideous. and the whip isn't even properly animated.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I got a fungi stuff, used jboots, confirmed slow still there after jboots. Ya it removes buff, ya you can reapply jboots but no you dont really move noticabely faster than without jboots while having the regen
haste/slow and sow/snare coding prevents one from partially mitigating the effect of the other. When you're affected by a slow your haste is off and when you're affected by a snare your jboots are off. Even if the buff icon is still there the effect isn't applied.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Me and a friend are going to level up some alts here sometime soon. Mine are 21, he's got to create his. Hit me up in game,you can get in on the action.
Names? i'll add you up.

Monk/druid are 26/25 atm so i might be ahead.. still trying to get fucking high enough for a guise before it's gone lol
Might just have to run to lguk and pay some dude to loot it
frown.png

Jboots i figured would be nice just because you can click your staff, and then the boots.. click off regen when you don't need it and you'll be back to jboots speed without having to stop and recast SoW etc every single time you want to use your fungi stick

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mage pet nerf has come, RIP anyone who plans on using more than 8. Thinking of changing my mages to monks, rogue, shaman, and bard now to get ready for the future expacs.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
It's only a mage pet nerf on raidbuffed bosses. The chardok pipe npc isn't raid buffed. How many raid buffed mobs have you been fighting lately? For me just golems here and there.. I prefer my mages for multicamping, PLing, and plowing chardok. I'll deal with it when it comes, velious is 3-6 months away. Hell chardok royals arent even raid buffed, I'll take more than 8 mages for that and collect the free krono. We're over 53 so we wont be boxing naggy/vox.. draco was out of the question anyway.. maybe Sky will be something I can't do.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm done with Chardok and the 3 specific mobs I am farming currently have the buff =/

I mean I still have my mages, they aren't going anywhere but definitely going to make a better comp for Velious.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Man, I bet all those mage mains are devastated.

(they're still the gods of group content if you aren't a raid-geared tank)

Needless

Toe Sucker
you should go camp ass/sup and lemme loot a guise with your mages bros~

some nerd bard is camping ass/sup and still needs the mask, hnnghh

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah necro pets get shafted too.. but I would hate to be a main mage. They should have made like a raid check to see if other classes are there besides mages, and let the buff not happen if theres not a majority of mages.. something to help mains on raids

lost

<Bronze Donator>
really? keep me updated needless, i was gonna get some more masks

and yeah drusells has the raidbuff doesnt she? doh

Thraka_sl

shitlord
To clarify the change to the weapon damage bonus formula:

Do note that there was a bug in the item display window where the damage bonus on weapons was displaying as 1 point less than it should have.
This has been corrected and the value displayed in the window is now the real primary hand value of the new formula.

Previous to this patch - Old formulas use truncation:
1-Handed weapon - Primary Hand - Delay <= 39: 1 + [(level - 28) / 3]
1-Handed weapon - Primary Hand - Delay < 43: 2 + [(level - 28) / 3] + [(delay-40)/3]
1-Handed weapon - Primary Hand - Delay < 45: 3 + [(level - 28) / 3] + [(delay-40)/3]
1-Handed weapon - Primary Hand - Delay >= 45: 4 + [(level - 28) / 3] + [(delay-40)/3]

1-Handed weapon - Secondary Hand - No Sinister Strikes: 0
1-Handed weapon - Secondary Hand - Sinister Strikes: 1 + [(level - 40) / 3] * [delay/30]

2-Handed weapon - Delay <= 27: 1 + [(level - 28) / 3]
2-Handed weapon - Delay < 40: 1 + [(level - 28) / 3] + [(level - 30) / 5]
2-Handed weapon - Delay < 43: 2 + [(level - 28) / 3] + [(level - 30) / 5] + [(delay-40)/3]
2-Handed weapon - Delay < 45: 3 + [(level - 28) / 3] + [(level - 30) / 5] + [(delay-40)/3]
2-Handed weapon - Delay >= 45: 4 + [(level - 28) / 3] + [(level - 30) / 5] + [(delay-40)/3]

Now with this patch the formulas are:
1-Handed weapon - Primary Hand: (damage * delay * level * 80) / 400000

1-Handed weapon - Secondary Hand: [Primary Hand Formula * Base1 of Sinister Strike SPA]

2-Handed weapon: (damage * delay * level * 110) / 400000

The new formula is intended to better scale to modern weapons where delays are much lower and base damage values are much higher.
It also allows sinister strikes to scale over time and should show a marked improvement in offhand damage.

If the effect on very low level content ends up being a problem the formula may be reviewed for lower end worst-case situations.

Note that players must be at least level 28 for the damage bonus to apply.
This change also removed the restriction on what classes have weapon damage bonus applied, previously priests and intelligence casters were excluded.

I haven't done much parsing, but off some napkin math. These calculations seem really weird.

Bo Staff of Trorsmang :: Items :: EverQuest :: ZAM

42 Damage, 35 Delay

Old Formula Calculation (Despite it saying 31 when its equipped before patch) = 1+((60-28)/3)+((60-30)/5) = 17.67

New Formula Calculation = (42*35*60*110)/400000 = 24.26

This means that after the patch my weapon will respectively have approximately 6.59 more of a damage bonus increase. Which means this patch will actually make me hit harder.

Has anyone done some hard parsing on this to see how much of an impact it has on melee? I just don't understand if by the old formula, the damage bonus on the weapons were actually incorrectly displaying weapon bonus damage.

Needless

Toe Sucker
got 2 levels just camping the ancient croc in upper guk, legs finally dropped for the druid.
dat semi afk camp tho~

Thraka_sl

shitlord
September 24, 2015

*** Items ***

- Adjusted the weapon damage bonus formula to scale more gracefully for low damage weapons. This should result in damage bonus values that are more in line with the old formula for older items.

*** Spells ***

- Fixed a bug that caused spells with a recourse component to cause triggered spells to hit the caster rather than the caster's target. This is most notable in the case where the wizard claw line of spells would cause effects such as Pyromancy to harm the wizard rather than the wizard's target.
- Bard - Corrected an issue with a number of spells that were not behaving as intended. A notable example of the fix is that Selo's Kick will once again be usable while under the effects of Frenzied Kicks.

*** AA ***

- Beastlord - Made rank 2 of Shrink available to Beastlords.
- Cleric - Bestow Divine Aura has been renamed Bestow Divine Aura Azia and Cascading Divine Aura has been renamed Bestow Divine Aura Beza to simplify the categorization of the abilities.
- Cleric - Adjusted ranks 10-12 of Ward of Purity so that these abilities provide an improvement over rank 9.
- Shaman - Restored the missing rank 2 of Shrink.
- Warrior - Quickened Howl of the Warlord has been fixed to correctly apply its spell haste to all ranks of Howl of the Warlord.
- Warrior - Ranks 2 and 3 of Merciless Blade have been fixed to function on 2-handed slashing weapons. Previously it would only function on 2-handed blunt and 2-handed piercing weapons. Renamed this ability to Merciless Grip to better reflect its ability to increase the damage of all 2-handed weapon types and updated the description.
- Warrior - Corrected a bug with Combatant's Pact that prevented it from having any effect and updated its description. It will now increase the amount of health healed by promised heal triggers.
- Warrior - Updated Hastened Unbroken Attention to also function on the level 102 skill Unflinching Attention.
- Wizard - Changed the way Frenzied and Sustained Devastation consume limited use charges. Charges will now be consumed based on the number of spells cast and not the number of targets hit. This corrects an issue where spells that hit multiple targets would consume as many charges as there were targets hit by the single spell.
- Wizard - Spells that meet the Frenzied and Sustained Devastation focus criteria that are triggered from twincast or from spell triggers (such as the second spell from Ethereal Weave) will consume a limited use charge.
- Wizard - Removed the mana preservation suppression component from all ranks of Frenzied Devastation and Sustained Devastation.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Items introduced with the 2003 revamp of Veeshan's Peak will no longer drop on Progression Servers until Legacy of Ykesha has unlocked.

- The EverQuest Team

RIP VP trash drops, wb weapon bonus damage.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Bonus exp for an entire week but not on TLP servers... why you zoo zis 2 me Daybreak?

I want to get 29-60 with bonus exp over a week!