New Progression Server confirmed

Thraka_sl

shitlord
I'd say MQ wasn't main stream until around the release of the first TLP servers. Showeq on the other hand was always used by at least two to three people in guilds around 2001. The worst part is they didn't put a stop to it when they had the opportunity to do so, now everyone uses it and they honestly can't just ban a huge portion of their player base. I'm hoping they do something to the new TLP servers but I am extremely doubtful.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Even if that is true you are hardly the only person in this thread that has been using 3rd party programs for years and years.
Don't think anything worse than SEQ was around back in the "good ole days" - which seemed pretty mild when I used it briefly in PoP era.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, but we all knew who the early adopters were. They made themselves pretty obvious. But shit like 6-box bot crews would have been extremely rare in 2001. Those were manual Sam Da Man hospital bed setups.

The wiki says MQ for the masses wasn't really a thing before POP.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, but we all knew who the early adopters were. They made themselves pretty obvious. But shit like 6-box bot crews would have been extremely rare in 2001. Those were manual Sam Da Man hospital bed setups.

The wiki says MQ for the masses wasn't really a thing before POP.
Yea, I'd barely heard anything of it until OoW, and even then it was just "that thing some guy somewhere uses" not something anyone seemed to have firsthand knowledge of.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Ghost killing was the #2 most fun time I've ever had in Everquest (just behind EQ breaking my MMO virginity and playing it nonstop from 99-02). It also paid for a 30 day trip to Europe with my gf and I as well as few thousand extra in pocket change. It wasn't even the money that made it the most fun. It was merely that it reinvigorated my love and interest for EQ again. The game had been so boring for so long, and this made it fun again. Not just Ghost Killing, but MQ2 in general, being able to test yourself by trying to solo big bosses that would otherwise be almost if not totally impossible to get to and attempt. That first time you solo AoW at 75, and NToV, etc. Farming faction and redoing old content and doing content you missed. God it was the best. The main thing I loved about Ghost Killing was getting to try every class because you could level them to 75 with 2000 AA's in a day.

I hate MQ2 for progression though, it's like, what's the point? MQ2 is what you do to make modern EQ somewhat fun, when otherwise it pretty much isn't. That's why when I lead a progression guild on FV I had a strict no MQ2 rule (lol didn't work out very well though, people hated it, we had like 100 members at one point and there was a faction of like 20 that hated that rule). But it does suck in that it can ruin TLP servers. For modern EQ I don't give a fuck what anyone does really, it pretty much happens in a vacuum. So what, there's a bunch of level 75 Anon guildless monks/SK's in Raid Gear? Who cares, what does it matter? The earliest I ever cheated was MySEQ in GoD. I remember it as early as Velious though, or at least, claims of it going on. I still have all my GK'd mains though. And only a single account that I sold ever got banned, out of about a dozen. I was careful. I did get 2 of my own farming Monks banned in Fabled PoP though by being greedy. There was a Fabled Tallon Zek in Dragon Necropolis (yeah, I know, right?) And I was like, uhhh... So we killed it, it insta poofed and dropped nothing. Lol banned the next day, fucking trap!!

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Been tossing around SK and Paladin in my head.

Also considered bard for lulz or ranger cause I have a tolan's bracer laying around.

Yeah, thinking that SK, Bard, or Ranger would be best due to snares, cause lets be honest, with tunic+staff I could solo a rogue to 60 np.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rolled a Monk / Shm over on Ragefire. I will avoid the end game raid mess and just enjoy the nostalgia ride.

SirJames

Golden Squire
Rolled a Monk / Shm over on Ragefire. I will avoid the end game raid mess and just enjoy the nostalgia ride.
To be honest, I wouldn't call the end game raid scene "a mess". I joined a raiding guild on Lockjaw last week. So far I've been on 4 raids, Fear, Sky, Hate and The Hole. We've taken down multiple minibosses and got Yael. It's been really fun.

Guild starts scouting for targets 30 minutes before official start time. We all meet and port to our target/zone. Raid leaders are fast, know what they are doing, etc. We have yet to be trained, Poopsocked, etc. by anyone. To be honest if someone beat us to a target, it's kinda like ohh well, next.

The forums make it seem like it's a big gangbang free for all, not really true at all. Dont believe all the bs you read, it's just neckbeards who feel a need to be unsociable dicks.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good to hear. I actually found some old guildmates and joined my oldschool EQ guild Darkwind on Ragefire. On for one day and im PLd into my 30s already!

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Quick question about Krono. I see these are being traded around for plat and items. I am trying to wrap my head around how they are brought into the game. The only option I see is directly from SoE / DB shop for a flat $17.99 price (no Station Cash / DB bucks). So my question is, how are people selling Krono for as little as $7 USD on "other" websites. How are they being obtained so cheaply to turn a profit?