New Progression Server confirmed

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I'm sure you guys have experienced this a lot more than we have but the way it seems to go is you've got these "competitive" guilds who whine and cry about how you only win because of XYZ (Zerging, socking, mage armies, no families etc) then every time a member of their guild joins you find out they don't have half their spells, resist gear, use discs inappropriately and they're likewise shocked to find out everything they heard was untrue.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Amicorum took a couple shots, then DHS took at least 2 before we found him wandering around 40% health. We had just finished popping a couple ragefires so took a shot and wiped when he was at 5%, DHS finished him from there.

I had 196 MR fully buffed and still caught about 75% of the fears at lvl 56.
Dragon fear is -150 resist check.

Vaclav

Doesn't have anything to do with level? I resisted 100% of Ragefire's fears, but only 75% of Talendor's.
All resists are effected by level - not sure what their levels are offhand - but assuming Ragefire is say L60 and Talendor is L70 Ragefire would be like a -150 resist check, and Talendor would be more akin to a -250 resist check (I think? It's been a while but -10 per level seems to be what I'm recalling, might be -20 or higher though)

Kaines

Potato Supreme
All resists are effected by level - not sure what their levels are offhand - but assuming Ragefire is say L60 and Talendor is L70 Ragefire would be like a -150 resist check, and Talendor would be more akin to a -250 resist check (I think? It's been a while but -10 per level seems to be what I'm recalling, might be -20 or higher though)
Adjust resist chance for level difference between caster and target.

Set temp level difference to (target level - caster level).

If target is at least level 67 and target is an NPC, temp level difference is set to (66 - caster level) or 0, whichever is greater.

If target is a PC, and caster level is at least 21, and temp level difference is greater than 15, set temp level difference to 15.

If target is an NPC, and temp level difference is less than -9, set temp level difference to -9.

Set level modifier to (temp level difference * temp level difference / 2)

If temp level difference is negative, make level modifier negative.

If target is an NPC and caster is far below target's level, set level modifier to 1000.

Add level modifier to resist chance.
Spell Resist Check - Pseudo Code - EvilGamer Forums

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Doesn't have anything to do with level? I resisted 100% of Ragefire's fears, but only 25% of Talendor's.

edit: meant to say I took 75% of talendor's fears.
There are two different fears used by the various dragons. Dragon Roar and Dragon Fear, one has a negative resist mod and the other does not. Ragefire uses the Nagafen AE (I believe) so it's much easier to resist. Sev/Tal/Gore use the -150 Fear so you need to be over 300 MR to reliably resist them.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I'm sure you guys have experienced this a lot more than we have but the way it seems to go is you've got these "competitive" guilds who whine and cry about how you only win because of XYZ (Zerging, socking, mage armies, no families etc) then every time a member of their guild joins you find out they don't have half their spells, resist gear, use discs inappropriately and they're likewise shocked to find out everything they heard was untrue.
yep we see that all the time, we just had a necro who was bragging he was #1 on magelo, but he never made any parses. then we asked him what he was doing and he said he was lifetapping the bosses.

we had a necro who raided with a giant snake fang for a long time.. had a monk who's h2h wasnt maxed and was asking why he wasnt making parses.. had a cleric that gave us symbol of naltron and had no idea marzin existed.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
yep we see that all the time, we just had a necro who was bragging he was #1 on magelo, but he never made any parses. then we asked him what he was doing and he said he was lifetapping the bosses.

we had a necro who raided with a giant snake fang for a long time.. had a monk who's h2h wasnt maxed and was asking why he wasnt making parses.. had a cleric that gave us symbol of naltron and had no idea marzin existed.
I think its the nature of the beast playing on TLP's with such high attrition, you almost have to teach people to play if you want to keep going.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider

Necros dont really need gear tho, get the focuses and thats all you need to top parses. A strong knowledge of each bosses resist checks is the big thing you need I think, since you want as many dots as possible memmed that will land.

I do see alot of really bad players, who are just so set in their ways based on what everyone in 1999 thought was true even if its completely debunked.

Warriors with hammered golden hoop cause they think HP stacking is better than going for AC for example. Or the guys who still don't understand that just because AGI increases paper doll AC its not the same as the AC stat.

I do kinda hope they give us DZs at some point here, alot of these bosses would be semi challenging in 52 man raids.

Vaclav

I think its the nature of the beast playing on TLP's with such high attrition, you almost have to teach people to play if you want to keep going.
Or you know, you could just get a solid crew in the first place and try to make sure things are in place to keep attrition low....

Seems so odd to dislike attrition so much, but then be so terrified and dismissive of changes to reduce attrition. I'll agree purity is a good thing when it can be stuck to - but not at the expense of higher attrition.

Regearing people is annoying, recruting new people constantly is annoying, having to teach people BASICS of the game is super fucking annoying.

I was a purist up until post-Vulak era - I know your mindset, and how I eventually came around was because of the realization of how annoying attrition was.

Vaclav

I do kinda hope they give us DZs at some point here, alot of these bosses would be semi challenging in 52 man raids.
I imagine if they do give DZs like the "Holidayish 2015 TLP" is going to have to RF/LJ they're going to remove the buff as well - having two modified variants of the same thing has caused issues before. [the instanced Nagafen thing was busted on Live for a bit and wouldn't work at all when Mitigation of the Mighty was first added on the TLPs - no idea how the code interaction happens, seems illogical to me - but clearly there's some sort of connection since even Devs weighed in and said as much when Live players were discussing it being borked]

(At least assuming the rumor that the Mitigation of the Mighty buff is being axed for it are true - less worry if they do keep the buff - I tend to believe the rumor however, since MotM has forced returned revisions to tweak the mobs and will eventually have a weirdness when they stop adding it to mobs where the following expansion gets easier rather than harder...)

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Necros dont really need gear tho, get the focuses and thats all you need to top parses. A strong knowledge of each bosses resist checks is the big thing you need I think, since you want as many dots as possible memmed that will land.

I do see alot of really bad players, who are just so set in their ways based on what everyone in 1999 thought was true even if its completely debunked.

Warriors with hammered golden hoop cause they think HP stacking is better than going for AC for example. Or the guys who still don't understand that just because AGI increases paper doll AC its not the same as the AC stat.

If they kept the buff it would be cute, I wouldn't even call it challenging. We had to do Trak and VP with 35 people initially with the zone caps and even with MoM its not really even a challenge.

Vaclav your sentence doesnt make any sense like most of your fucking posts. No one is complaining or trying to negate attrition, it happens in every game from Diablo 3 to Fallout 4 to Everquest and is just a part of gaming. I am sure you were just trying to segway another idiotic argument on why instancing classic EQ is what we need or something along those lines.

Vaclav

If they kept the buff it would be cute, I wouldn't even call it challenging. We had to do Trak and VP with 35 people initially with the zone caps and even with MoM its not really even a challenge.
I enjoyed the buff personally - but I'll be really annoyed when they stop it after Velious or whatever and then the next xpac opens and it's literally hitting for half as much and is a complete joke in comparison... will remove the sense of progression to the progression server.

Vaclav your sentence doesnt make any sense like most of your fucking posts. No one is complaining or trying to negate attrition, it happens in every game from Diablo 3 to Fallout 4 to Everquest and is just a part of gaming. I am sure you were just trying to segway another idiotic argument on why instancing classic EQ is what we need or something along those lines.
Funny, it's really not depending on who you play with - I've not played with flighty shits, so we had 80-90% of the same people throughout all my EQ experience from my first serious guild up through Combine-era - people that stuck out at least 2 years at a pop, more than a few of my guildees on Stromm where I still play lightly are still there after something like 12 years. [One of the leaders has been there for the entire time, mind you]

And not really segwaying to it - just commenting on how you've been so opposed to it and other solutions to try to keep people around - while seeming to be unfond of "training" people which comes as a result of attrition.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I enjoyed the buff personally - but I'll be really annoyed when they stop it after Velious or whatever and then the next xpac opens and it's literally hitting for half as much and is a complete joke in comparison... will remove the sense of progression to the progression server.

Funny, it's really not depending on who you play with - I've not played with flighty shits, so we had 80-90% of the same people throughout all my EQ experience from my first serious guild up through Combine-era - people that stuck out at least 2 years at a pop, more than a few of my guildees on Stromm where I still play lightly are still there after something like 12 years. [One of the leaders has been there for the entire time, mind you]

And not really segwaying to it - just commenting on how you've been so opposed to it and other solutions to try to keep people around - while seeming to be unfond of "training" people which comes as a result of attrition.
Man come on dude, you're known for being some random anonymous clown shit posting in the tens of thousands on the official forums and nothing else lol. This might be hard for you to understand but there is people like us who like to race and that's the reason we play. When DBG forced the rotation it caused a lot of attrition because we don't want the hand holding and instancing like you do.

Seriously you are an idiot trying to argue against attrition which exists in every platform and every game, it just shows how out of touch you are and in your own little bubble of retardation.

Corvid_sl

shitlord
Amicorum took a couple shots, then DHS took at least 2 before we found him wandering around 40% health. We had just finished popping a couple ragefires so took a shot and wiped when he was at 5%, DHS finished him from there.

I had 196 MR fully buffed and still caught about 75% of the fears at lvl 56.
Well, DHS originally pulled him at 100% untouched, but we were unprepared and got it to 67% before wiping. We rezzed and buffed and moved to where it had wandered, still un-engaged by others but our puller got too close to the group so we ended up fighting it with 4 adds, then 6, then 10, but got it to 37% before wiping. This is when whichever other guild (we thought it was Sad Dragons) that was there decided to pull him, wiping at 4 or 5%. We finished rezzing about 60% of our people and found it alone again at 7% so we finished him off. I'm not sure about the resists stuff. Most of our resistances came from spell buffs and bard songs. I believe we only had around 47 people and only had two levels 60's and 3 or 4 others over 58 and a lot of 50-54s. It was a rough fight and not worth the pathetic loots that dropped, but nice to get the kill.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Well, DHS originally pulled him at 100% untouched, but we were unprepared and got it to 67% before wiping. We rezzed and buffed and moved to where it had wandered, still un-engaged by others but our puller got too close to the group so we ended up fighting it with 4 adds, then 6, then 10, but got it to 37% before wiping. This is when whichever other guild (we thought it was Sad Dragons) that was there decided to pull him, wiping at 4 or 5%. We finished rezzing about 60% of our people and found it alone again at 7% so we finished him off. I'm not sure about the resists stuff. Most of our resistances came from spell buffs and bard songs. I believe we only had around 47 people and only had two levels 60's and 3 or 4 others over 58 and a lot of 50-54s. It was a rough fight and not worth the pathetic loots that dropped, but nice to get the kill.
He must have gone back up to 100% after Amicorum wiped on him 2-3 times. Someone was probably stoked to get some scales at least.

Speaking of scales, did they leave in the red to green conversion quest? I'm assuming no.

Vaclav

Man come on dude, you're known for being some random anonymous clown shit posting in the tens of thousands on the official forums and nothing else lol. This might be hard for you to understand but there is people like us who like to race and that's the reason we play. When DBG forced the rotation it caused a lot of attrition because we don't want the hand holding and instancing like you do.

Seriously you are an idiot trying to argue against attrition which exists in every platform and every game, it just shows how out of touch you are and in your own little bubble of retardation.
Yep, only sold multiple $2k+ value characters back in the day, because I'm a "nobody". Someone that enjoyed racing back in the day, and beat the shit out of basically everyone along the way. There's a world difference between normal civilized racing that happened on the half a dozen servers I played seriously on (not to mention the additional servers including FOH's home of Veeshan [why I originally joined this community] I experienced indirectly as a guide) and what happened on Vulak and RF/LJ - the only close fit I experienced was early Tallon Zek. [And note: Not even hit 10k posts on EQLive, doubt I ever will - much less multiples =p]

The fact that you think the rotation caused attrition and that the same attrition wouldn't have been worse without it (and to imply that Fippy/Vulak-era didn't have attrition without it... LOL?) shows how out of touch with reality you are. We'd gone from 30-60 min queues with two servers at peak hours to zero a long time before rotations started. It's absolutely indisputable that increased "zone balancing" and rotations came after the largest hunk of attrition. And yet, with absolute evidence you claim I'm "out of touch".

And no, that attrition doesn't always exist in MMOs once you focus more on a 30+ demographic of people (and/or younger folks with an older mindset) - almost every single "adult" guild I've been part of across every game that has lasted outside of TLP ones - even garbage like EQ2, still has over half of the people playing from years ago. Assholes like you really don't care about making lasting friendships and contacts in games so you don't see it, but for those of us that do, we end up sticking around a longass time and still stay in touch on brief breaks etc. (i.e. Corvid here is a friend of mine for around 15 years - he was actually one of my first friends I made with my first serious guild (Wycca - who you know as First and another friend named Many/Brent all others I'm still in touch with as well) - I did do some public raiding before joining him in Sacred Fires + some raiding while visiting a friend at his house - but was my first experience with a guild)

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
There's a world difference between normal civilized racing that happened on the half a dozen servers I played seriously on (not to mention the additional servers including FOH's home of Veeshan [why I originally joined this community] I experienced indirectly as a guide)
Hmmm... on all the servers I played on there was one guild that was miles ahead of everyone else and then the 2nd tier guilds rabidly fought each other and had GM interventions with at least 50% of their "races." Veeshan was probably one of the worst servers for this. I bet you there are logs still around of Fiends vs. Kratos and PD and all those guilds.

Siddar

Inactive accounts just got two weeks of free time get ready for a flood of newbies. There is a requirement for certain length of inactivity to qualify, likely three or four months.