New Progression Server confirmed

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's hilarious. Even funnier its same damage control, woe is me talk from the same MM members. Oh and of course Vaclav going full forum warrior again in that thread(kind sad really).

Good to see more people see Dima for what he actually is.

Grats to MiM , they were always cool.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
That's hilarious. Even funnier its same damage control, woe is me talk from the same MM members. Oh and of course Vaclav going full forum warrior again in that thread(kind sad really).

Good to see more people see Dima for what he actually is.

Grats to MiM , they were always cool.
Happy for MiM, but its pretty undeniable that they would have lost if not for the assist.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
i'm intrigued but uncertain. feeling hopeful, but it will probably just be another shitfest.
Still waiting for them to commit to the Planes being part of the plans. Seems like a trainwreck waiting to happen if the instancing plans ignores the big Planes named. Sky might be fine without anything though.

I'm all in on this new server! In all reality, EQ has about one year left in it anyway before their investment company shuts them down for not making enough money to justify the cost of operation.

This new server will hit PoP by next December, and who can think of a better way to remember EQ by than doing PoP raiding one last time before they turn off the lights.

Vaclav

I'm all in on this new server! In all reality, EQ has about one year left in it anyway before their investment company shuts them down for not making enough money to justify the cost of operation.

This new server will hit PoP by next December, and who can think of a better way to remember EQ by than doing PoP raiding one last time before they turn off the lights.
Eh, from the rumors I've heard, the server costs are basically nil for Everquest - apparently even the "basically dead" servers like Vulak were quoted as only a "slight loss". Not sure how reliable the person saying such should be taken however.

Basically all the overhead is supposed to be in bandwidth and development. Of which the bandwidth is shared between games I'd imagine.

Assuming the rumors are true, I'd expect to see the development team completely cut before it's on "last 6-12 months autopilot" since that would reduce the operating cost a ton. And no need for new content once it's being shuttled off to the grave.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Yeah EQ would have to be really really dead before they shut it off. Once they cook up the right formula for these TLPs they can probably draw a small profit from them for a few years easily.

If my guild moves I'll go to the new server. Otherwise I'll just level up an alt in my spare time to keep options open. I'm not convinced it's going to be much better than LJ just yet.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Someone give me a rundown of these progression servers, please.

How is the leveling rate versus vanilla? How many people usually play on these servers? Is it basically the modern client but with locked out expansions?

Basically, is this shit worth playing? I'm back on P99, but P99 is more hardcore than ever right now. The draw of instancing on this new server would be a huge factor for me. Fuck waking up at 2-5am for pixels.

Vaclav

Someone give me a rundown of these progression servers, please.

How is the leveling rate versus vanilla? How many people usually play on these servers? Is it basically the modern client but with locked out expansions?

Basically, is this shit worth playing? I'm back on P99, but P99 is more hardcore than ever right now. The draw of instancing on this new server would be a huge factor for me. Fuck waking up at 2-5am for pixels.
Leveling isn't quite as slow as old school, but it's down drastically from Live. (or even the Fippy/Combine generations of TLP) I think some people guesstimated TLP3 as roughly twice as quick as P99 or something like that though, so if you're expecting THAT slow it's not THAT slow.

And yes, it's modern client with locked expansions (including features - although some features are allowed early others are not - maps for example are, HoTT is, extended targeting is not)

Additionally it's got some modern balance changes, in both that PCs are more powerful and they've amped up the raid mobs now to compensate.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Leveling was pretty fast if you boxed a bunch of mages, but it's going to be slower without them this time around. Can't account share either so have to play with others or solo your way up. I have three computers and bunch of krono from RF, not sure IF I'm playing and if I do maybe.. nec/ench/shm or nec/shm/dru. No desire to make another mage rofl.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
It sounds pretty good but won't the ragefire-tuned bosses be all kinds of stupid without mage bot armies?

Rathmort_sl

shitlord
What's the deal with 'Harry Potter maps' on TLP, are people using them? I've already had a couple of occcasions when people have mysteriously appeared almost immediately after a named has spawned...

Thrawnseg_sl

shitlord
Red guides and EQMule have come out in support of the new server saying that they won't compile or make MQ2 work on it and not to try to bypass the detection.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It sounds pretty good but won't the ragefire-tuned bosses be all kinds of stupid without mage bot armies?
With current tune, mage pets are essentially useless on boss fights. Our last Trakanon parse had mage pets (each) doing tenths of a percent worth of overall damage. Monks top the parse around 2.5% comparatively. We have been doing all of Kunark targets with only one or two mages who actually play as mains.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
But why?

Were they threatened? Paid off? Swayed by a polite and convincing argument?

They don't make custom MQ builds for free.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
But why?

Were they threatened? Paid off? Swayed by a polite and convincing argument?

They don't make custom MQ builds for free.
Plus, the MQ2 build for TLP is exactly the live compile. Would be interesting to see how it would need to be altered for one specific server.

Thrawnseg_sl

shitlord
I'm not sure - just saw it on Reddit about red guides and the. The tweet from EQMule -

New true box server goes live on the 9th of December, name is Phinigel. Mq2 will NOT work on this server. Please don't bypass the detection.
1 retweet
Sent 15h ago