New Progression Server confirmed

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Your guild also has to have active trackers and officers ready to call and lead raids 24/7. People simply having an officer titles for questions and decisions is not enough. With these respawn rates being literally everyday and multiple mobs a day its just too much to be raiding batphones all day and staying on it for 3-6 months. I mean anyone can easily see why people leading get burnt out, not too mention this is EQ which is the GD Jerry's Kids of MMO raiding.

Titan_sl

shitlord
There are a lot of big egos that are going to be on Phinigel, it's going to be a Citizen (MM) Versus TL (SA), the only difference is the actual core of TL outside of a few bodies are going to be playing with Citizen. The current leadership of SA consists of one old school TL officer (Elaida), Sulerill was never an old school officer but he's a decent one. The rest of the leaderboard roster in SA is absolutely useless, First (Wycca) included. Call it shots fired if you want but those guys don't have a hope in hell of running anything productive, their only saving grace is they have instances to protect them.

This is why I'm going with Citizen, and not throwing salt on anyone, but the leadership in TL on ragefire was TL:Lite at best. I came back hoping it was going to be a Thraka/Drillisen led guild, and it really wasn't. Elaida is good, Sulerill is good, aside from that, not much left in the form of leadershit. Elmariel and Lujan are literally the worst officers i've dealt with in a long time. It made the game way less enjoyable, and basically sealed me going to Citizen(Which i've been a member of since Underfoot on Fippy anyway). This isn't TL, its a shell of TL(With some decent members), but it won't be the absolute force that TL has been known to be. I wish them the best of luck though, hopefully we can keep it cordial.

Titan_sl

shitlord
I'm not sure why you would want to be under Dima. He's an idiot and couldn't achieve anything on Lockjaw except RMTing.
He's openly stated that MM was just about being bored. He wasn't going to go hard there, at all, and he didn't. Phinny is going to be a new beast for sure. It should make for a ton of fun though, hopefully.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If you're planning on joining his crew make sure you aren't playing a class with an epic that takes tradeable raid drops. You'll get to Kunark and find out all the shit you've been banking for months is gone.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is why I'm going with Citizen, and not throwing salt on anyone, but the leadership in TL on ragefire was TL:Lite at best. I came back hoping it was going to be a Thraka/Drillisen led guild, and it really wasn't. Elaida is good, Sulerill is good, aside from that, not much left in the form of leadershit. Elmariel and Lujan are literally the worst officers i've dealt with in a long time. It made the game way less enjoyable, and basically sealed me going to Citizen(Which i've been a member of since Underfoot on Fippy anyway). This isn't TL, its a shell of TL(With some decent members), but it won't be the absolute force that TL has been known to be. I wish them the best of luck though, hopefully we can keep it cordial.
I haven't been paying much attention. Who's going where for the most part? I see a lot of TL names on SA site but have not seen citizens.

For me it's all about loyalty and building a strong core. I don't like the ship jumpers that jump to a new guild every server (month). To me you're nothing but a coward that wants to avoid competition by stacking one side. I'll take the loyal bros any day of the week.

I quoted you detheb for the first paragraph not the second. The second is just my general thoughts about many people.

Prepare thy anus detheb! Oh and y'all got mabbu rofl !!

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
He's openly stated that MM was just about being bored.
And he's a giant lying sack of crap with an ego to go with it. He wanted to be the top guild, and often acted like he was. He's pulling the "i was just bored" line, because after he lost his MQing mage army players to Ragefire/P99, he couldn't kill anything anymore and the guild slowly fell apart after being beaten to every target.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
If you're planning on joining his crew make sure you aren't playing a class with an epic that takes tradeable raid drops. You'll get to Kunark and find out all the shit you've been banking for months is gone.
Yeah, he just stated on the EQ forums he plans on taking all the Golden Efreeti armor too on that server, just like he did on Lockjaw.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, he just stated on the EQ forums he plans on taking all the Golden Efreeti armor too on that server, just like he did on Lockjaw.
Fiyero - take a deep breath, take a step back, and relax....

He'll be completely gone to you very soon. Why stress out over it anymore?

Titan_sl

shitlord
I haven't been paying much attention. Who's going where for the most part? I see a lot of TL names on SA site but have not seen citizens.

For me it's all about loyalty and building a strong core. I don't like the ship jumpers that jump to a new guild every server (month). To me you're nothing but a coward that wants to avoid competition by stacking one side. I'll take the loyal bros any day of the week.
People that are going Citizen will show, but i don't think many people, with a few exceptions, are exactly guild jumpers lol. Me personally, i was TL until it folded on Fippy from Classic, and when i came back I've been in Citi. On Ragefire, i rejoined TL, but it wasn't the same TL, even you had to have seen that. I honestly had no idea about Thraka's intention until he posted last night, but he's the reason I even came to Fippy to begin with.

As to Fiyero, i've known Dima a pretty long time. I've always called him on bullshit when i see it. I'm not saying he hasn't RMT'd shit before, but then again, point me to another guild leadership that hasn't at some point. As someone that has competed against Dima for years, and been guilded with for over a year, I'm not concerned, I don't see why you are.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya it's sad y'all goin to citizen. I know some of our old fippy buds are in citizen now due to the collapse but yeah.. I mean I dont want thraka to be guild leader again (where the cloak of flames at?) but I dont think that means need to jump ship under dima to relax etc.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
People that are going Citizen will show, but i don't think many people, with a few exceptions, are exactly guild jumpers lol. Me personally, i was TL until it folded on Fippy from Classic, and when i came back I've been in Citi. On Ragefire, i rejoined TL, but it wasn't the same TL, even you had to have seen that. I honestly had no idea about Thraka's intention until he posted last night, but he's the reason I even came to Fippy to begin with.

As to Fiyero, i've known Dima a pretty long time. I've always called him on bullshit when i see it. I'm not saying he hasn't RMT'd shit before, but then again, point me to another guild leadership that hasn't at some point. As someone that has competed against Dima for years, and been guilded with for over a year, I'm not concerned, I don't see why you are.
Yea I know your history, that's why I excluded you from my generalization. I have no problem with citizen, I helped lead them in the early days of fippy. However, I've seen time and time again the band wagon jumpers.

They think soandso guild looks strongest so they jump on board. It's sickening honestly. Take a little pride in yourself if you want to be a competitive gamer. Your guild weaker on paper? Then make it stronger! Box 20 sks if you have to ~

I realize that some of the old guard are gone. One or two leaders do not make a guild, they lead a core of well established players. I have no doubt that zerker and Elaida can lead this iteration. Whether the new officers contribute significantly is yet to be seen. Just remember, you got dima and mabbu lol.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
So Dima was just kidding on LJ raiding is all i got out of this page 278? I thought that guild was the ones in the lol rotation posts and that poopsocked like a motherfucker?

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Nah elmariel is a good guy, he's a straight shooter and usually on a lot. But he stepped up and lead raids during the day when others couldnt, in the beginning he had no idea what he was doing but no one else stepped up and he's learned a lot. Give him some time, but yeah sulerill and elaida are awesome. But sulerill did burn out once already so I'm hoping we juggle leaders or something like we did on fippy.

Let's not forget I was told that elmariel would get yelled at if he called raids whenever thraka or the inner circle couldnt get on. Particularly in the mornings. I know winner had called a talendor raid one morning at like 9 am and told me later that he got yelled at cause certain people couldnt make it and their attendance dropped. The newer officers had their hands tied behind their backs it sounded like and couldnt call a raid unless the senior officers said ok. Honestly I think thraka burned himself out on a lot, he should have let some people have access to the guild bank (what happened to it?) after sulerill gave it up so he had less things to handle.

Frenzic I hope you step it up since you went MIA :p but I dont blame you, makin that dough. I would have tried harder if I knew DBG was gonna shit on ragefire like this, but I think most of us made out decent.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Well my experience with him on Lockjaw makes me highly question why anyone would want to be in a guild under him. But since you want to, good luck. Hopefully he's not as big of an idiot on Phinny.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
So Dima was just kidding on LJ raiding is all i got out of this page 278? I thought that guild was the ones in the lol rotation posts and that poopsocked like a motherfucker?
He did. And he did a lot of shady crap trying to beat us to dragon kills. He took it very seriously, despite his backtracking.

Titan_sl

shitlord
I mean only he can truly answer that, but from every conversation i had with him(Even before Ragefire/Lockjaw), he didn't really care about those servers, because Citizen is still progressing. With instances, being able to schedule raids every week, on top of open world, going hard on Phinny makes a little more sense. Honestly, I'm ok with that, will be raiding with both.

I basically quit before Phinny was formally announced. I just happened to pop into mumble, and a few people were there that tried to recruit me, and still having a bad taste in my mouth over Ragefire TL, is a big reason I'm going with Citi this round. I have no doubt that SA(TL) will be a force on this server, they have a lot of amazing players. However, it won't be the cakewalk that Ragefire was. We'll see how it all plays out, i just hope its a bit more cordial than Fippy ever was.

Thraka_sl

shitlord
Nah elmariel is a good guy, he's a straight shooter and usually on a lot. But he stepped up and lead raids during the day when others couldnt, in the beginning he had no idea what he was doing but no one else stepped up and he's learned a lot. Give him some time, but yeah sulerill and elaida are awesome. But sulerill did burn out once already so I'm hoping we juggle leaders or something like we did on fippy.

Let's not forget I was told that elmariel would get yelled at if he called raids whenever thraka or the inner circle couldnt get on. Particularly in the mornings. I know winner had called a talendor raid one morning at like 9 am and told me later that he got yelled at cause certain people couldnt make it and their attendance dropped. The newer officers had their hands tied behind their backs it sounded like and couldnt call a raid unless the senior officers said ok. Honestly I think thraka burned himself out on a lot, he should have let some people have access to the guild bank (what happened to it?) after sulerill gave it up so he had less things to handle.

Frenzic I hope you step it up since you went MIA :p but I dont blame you, makin that dough. I would have tried harder if I knew DBG was gonna shit on ragefire like this, but I think most of us made out decent.
I never once yelled at Elmariel for calling a raid when I couldn't be on, in fact I encouraged him to. I yelled at Winner because he called a Talendor raid at 3-4 in the morning so he could get his bard alt a red scale. Talendor was a no bat-phone raid target when he did it and it was agreed by all the officers that he was a "side-dish" target that we'd only go after if he was up after an actual bat-phone. Winner was actually told to step down by all theotherofficers. You know, the same officer who declared a main swap without going through the appropriate channels and lied to all the officers when he was confronted? The same guy who called a 3 AM Sky clear when only half the zone was up. Winner was quite literally the dumbest person I've had the experience of being in a guild with. You sound like a close second.

As far as my attendance goes, I'm not sure if you noticed, but I have never (nor will I ever) care about my attendance. My only goal in that guild was to push the guild as hard as I could. Your other officer core would go MiA at all times and here, let me give you a hint about what one of the almighty officers in SA sent me today (Yes he's my boy and I apologize for this PM, but its the exact same way I felt about the SA leadership).

I'm already scared looking at this citizen roster. Half of them are us. As soon as Shit goes south I see me stuck holding the bag. I think eq retirement is in my near future.
You want to know why the guild didn't die when it did? Elmariel (raid leading), Elaida (Recruitment/raid leading), Alpha (DKP site), sometimes Sulerill (raid leading) and 90% Tyree/Starklen for tracking. Elmariel, Elaida and Tyree being the big swingers at I'd say 70% of the workload.

As far as the guild bank goes, I still have it. It will die with my account, everything that wasn't awarded will sit there in my bank forever unless it was already awarded to you. Elmariel, I have no hard feelings with. He was an alright raid leader, he was definitely better than anyone else we had in the leadership position for that role.