New Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
want a wiiu now
frown.png

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
You know, since I played the first Smash I have begged and wished for Mega Man and it's finally here. When I was in college a friend and I use to do a lot of tournaments and have some of the most dorm fun with these games. I can think of Halo and Smash being the game that brought everyone together. It didn't matter if you were the biggest nerd or jock on campus you knew how to play these games. I hate that I have to get a WiiU now but there is no way i'm passing this up.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This will convince me to buy a WiiU. Nintendo and their IPs.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
want a wiiu now
frown.png
Ditto. As with the Wii, the odds that I'll get my money's worth in terms of the number of games I buy for it is about nil, but damn if I don't love me some Smash and some Zelda, so I'll get the goddamn console.

Although, really? The Wii Fit Girl? Somebody's starting to run out of Nintendo franchises to pull from.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
12-player online multiplayer in Mario Kart and 4-player online multi in Smash Bros is awesome, now you don't even need friends to have fun!

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I still think X was the most interesting Wii U game shown. Holy shit.

But I can't say no to Smash, so bring it on.

Pinadil

Silver Knight of the Realm
What house rules did people use in Smash? My friends would do epic 99 life matches without final smashes or the dragoon.

Also, as this seems to be the closest thing to a Nintendo thread, was there any indication that Donkey Kong Country or Super Mario 3D World had online multiplayer?

Sean_sl

shitlord
I still think X was the most interesting Wii U game shown. Holy shit.

But I can't say no to Smash, so bring it on.
I'll probably buy a Wii U when the new Xenowhatever comes out in NA. By that time the price should have dropped a bit and there should be more than a few big Nintendo games finally out.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
What house rules did people use in Smash? My friends would do epic 99 life matches without final smashes or the dragoon.

Also, as this seems to be the closest thing to a Nintendo thread, was there any indication that Donkey Kong Country or Super Mario 3D World had online multiplayer?
3 or 4 stock, no items. straight up fight 1v1.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
3 or 4 stock, no items. straight up fight 1v1.
This. 4 stock, no items. We're not strictly 1v1. If there are more people around then we'll have bigger games. Every once in a while we'll turn on items, but be pretty selective about which ones appear and we turn the rate to low.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
As someone who enjoys fighting games but is put off by lists of hundreds of moves and extremely complex fight mechanics, I have loved Smash Bros since the N64. I don't have a Wii U nor do I intend to get one, but I'll certainly be playing the next iteration at my buddy's house. Might get the 3DS one, though, especially if they can get online with strangers working better than it did on the Wii (that was my single biggest disappointment with the entire franchise).

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Lame. Never understood why people would play smash like it's fucking street fighter tourny edition or some shit.

5 stock, 4 players, all items. The way it's meant to be played.
Yep.

We always turned off the Zelda full heart though, that one was just too much. Donkey Kong Hammer stayed in, deal with it.

What kinda fag would turn off all items? Do you hate fun?